• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangreal

What's to ask, skinny repeal is a nonstarter for the house as it is. Unless the freedom caucus suddenly reveals they've been bullshitting the whole time.

I have news for you: the freedom caucus has been bullshitting the whole time

Regardless, again skinny repeal would not be voted on in the house. The idea is to send it to conference and appoint new committees to work out a bill in secret. The only thing they can't do is add new material

I think we know where everyone stands on full repeal and the BCRA. People need to start asking where people stand on skinny repeal

Neither the BCRA and full repeal isn't likely to pass. Don't know about the skinny repeal, but Senators are going to want it changed. I don't even know their real plan, but I guess it is to vote on the full repeal and BCRA which they expect to fail, and then to skinny repeal. That plan doesn't look sound.

Remember all those posts about how Topher Spiro and Indivisible and co. were crying wolf?

I don't think that it was that they were crying wolf, just that they were sounding the alarm so often about even mundane things (especially Topher) that it was hard to actually know when it mattered and when it didn't.

jtb

Banned
Nah, if it is this skinny repeal crap, they have to go conference with House and negotiate a bill, then each chamber has to pass it.

That's not a roadblock.

I don't think that it was that they were crying wolf, just that they were sounding the alarm so often about even mundane things (especially Topher) that it was hard to actually know when it mattered and when it didn't.

True, but at the end of the day, with a GOP controlled government, the panic level must always be at eleven.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Remember all those posts about how Topher Spiro and Indivisible and co. were crying wolf?

Their record (assuming this passes, which it hasn't) is literally 2-2. They were terrified about the first House bill, which failed, the second, which passed, the first Senate attempt, which failed, and this.

It's not that they're incapable of being right, it's that when you are literally five alarms panic, all hands on deck at all times for 3 months, people stop taking you seriously. Especially when there have been several very public failures by the Republican leadership showing they are not the master players people portray them to be.

I don't see how the MTP likely passing is a death sentence for us here. That writing has been on the wall for days. But there's still no more evidence than ever that they actually have the votes to pass the bill.

tbm24

I have news for you: the freedom caucus has been bullshitting the whole time

Regardless, again skinny repeal would not be voted on in the house. The idea is to send it to conference and appoint new committees to work out a bill in secret
That's just starts this circus all over again. Nothing is going to make it to Trumps desk at this rate.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Wow, McCain you giant piece of shite. Can't believe I felt bad for your dumbass a days ago.

Sigh, it's a go.

Next time vote in the mid terms nimrods.

Well, we don't really have a choice at this point. These are desperate times, unfortunately.

People do have a choice. Too much stress and they just tune out.

McCain was not coming back for the sole purpose of voting for the MTP to have it fail, the writing was on the wall

Without McCain the MTP vote had 0 chance at all and they couldn't move on. It was either bring McCain back or the bill is dead. McCain being back has little to do with "writing on the wall" and more "they literally had to do this or it was dead"

jtb

Banned
Of course it is. They have to figure out a bill that will pass both chambers. If that were easy McConnell would have done it already instead of trying this desperate crap.

At this point, the House have already voted for the Obamacare repeal.

They'll face the electoral consequences regardless of whether it goes through conference. Might as well get kick 20 million people off health insurance while you can.

And again, no one can survive with the panic level always at 11.

People do have a choice. Too much stress and they just tune out.

(I'm agreeing with you! This is why the GOP wins.)

Blader

Unbelievable that McCain could vote yes here after saying just literally days ago that it was time to go back to a normal bipartisan process on healthcare.

I mean, I believe it. But sometimes the hypocrisy smacks you in the face so quick and hard that it's still a little surprising.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Amazing. If they pass a bill, blue wave incoming in 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom