• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
My original prediction was they'd pass the MTP and fail the actual vote. I still don't see anything to suggest their actual vote counts have changed for the bill.

People just want a vote on record so they can say that they voted for it.

Wow.

@TheOnion

Senator Struggling To Weigh Interests Of Entire Constituency Against Nothing http://trib.al/guHOhiU
DFmg4YvWsAASfbM.jpg

sangreal

Johnson is the last holdout? thats interesting. he isn't an automatic yes I guess

having mccain come in and cast the deciding vote for max drama is so transparent

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Just waiting on Inhofe, Johnson, and McCain right?

Fucking Rand Paul even voted yes

EDIT: Inhofe is a yes

There's nothing surprising about that, and Paul has been a known yes on the MTP for several days. He hasn't changed his position on the actual bill.

McCain is coming back to work. He plans on voting for sanctions, taxes, stuff like that. He isn't just here for healthcare.

He wouldn't need to be in DC this week for any of that stuff though right? I don't see why they would have him come back early unless they were sure they would need him for healthcare related votes.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
It won't happen but there wouldn't be anything funnier on the planet than them dragging McCain back for him to pull a last second switcheroo betrayal.

sangreal

Johnson talking to the turtle and Cornyn on the Senate floor. Oh to be a fly on that desk.

McConnell doesn't look thrilled, but its no McCain-Conryn confrontation. I still think Johnson votes yes in the end. Just using the opportunity to make a point to McConnell

tbm24

I think we know where everyone stands on full repeal and the BCRA. People need to start asking where people stand on skinny repeal
What's to ask, skinny repeal is a nonstarter for the house as it is. Unless the freedom caucus suddenly reveals they've been bullshitting the whole time.

You'd think the GOP would have at least one person who could see the writing on the wall and want to be the person that put an end to the bill and sweep up all that good will.

I seriously doubt Johnson is it, though.

jtb

Banned
Remember all those posts about how Topher Spiro and Indivisible and co. were crying wolf?

What's to ask, skinny repeal is a nonstarter for the house as it is. Unless the freedom caucus suddenly reveals they've been bullshitting the whole time.

The house will not be the ones who go back to their base and have to explain why they couldn't seal the deal on an Obamacare repeal.

None of these congressmen give a fuck what is actually in the bill. After the first 20 million or so poor people that die, it's all theater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom