• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So they respect a man voting to strip people of healthcare.

Fuck every Democrat who applauded the vile piece of shit.

Technically, he voted to proceed a motion, not strip people of healthcare.

tbm24

Uhhh why the fuck were dems applauding McCain? Treat him like he deserves.
Idk, you can hate a co-worker but if they come back from surgery where they found out they brain cancer, are you really going to say fuck you to them when they return to work?

Zolo

They vote on meaningless amendments for a day or two in a free for all vote party, and then McConnell says "okay, enough, none of that actually mattered, here's the final bill" and then they vote for real.

Yeah. This is why I predicted the MTP to get the votes. It looks better to vote for a discussion and then decide it's still bad then to vote for no discussion at all. Trump also gets his news conference. Undecided on whether the final vote will pass.

jtb

Banned
The bigger problem is the Senate. If it were so easy to come up with a bill that will pass the Senate and the House McConnell would pass a bill that could go straight to the House for a vote and not bother with this skinny repeal crap that would have to go conference to get fixed and then voted on again.

Agreed on this front. My point is more the House has no choice but to accept the Senate bill because they own the electoral consequences even if it fails.

Plus, that was literally the original plan anyways. pass a placeholder and let the Senate actually draft the thing.

McCain gives a "both sides" speech. After risking his life to come vote in hopes of stripping millions of health care. Fuck. Off. And lol, what? It was a bullshit token MTP vote and he doesn't like the bill? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHahahahahahaha.

lush

People get and recover from cancer all the time. Who fucking cares about John McCain who got care with cushy DC exchange healthcare? Less than a week later he's in DC trying to strip healthcare away from millions that don't have access to care that's anywhere near as good/affordable.

Now he's up here talking about bipartisanship. Fuck off and die you piece of shit.

edit: Diagnosed with testicular cancer back in April this year at age 26.

Idk, you can hate a co-worker but if they come back from surgery where they found out they brain cancer, are you really going to say fuck you to them when they return to work?

If my co-worker came back to work just to strip healthcare away from millions of people I'd tell him to go fuck himself.

Zolo

McCain gives a "both sides" speech. After risking his life to come vote in hopes of stripping millions of health care. Fuck. Off. And lol, what? It was a bullshit token MTP vote and he doesn't like the bill? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHahahahahahaha.

He'll still vote 'yes' on the final vote, but it's part of why I once again expected MTP to go through while being more doubtful on the final vote.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So when would it take effect if any of them pass?

I wonder if my doctor will go along with doubling the dose of my mental health medications just so I can save up some extra before losing my health insurance.

Dr. Worm

Banned
So they respect a man voting to strip people of healthcare.

Fuck every Democrat who applauded the vile piece of shit.

If every senator held a grudge against everyone who ever disagreed with them once, no senator would ever talk to another.

Some of you guys should listen to McCain's speech.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
He'll still vote 'yes' on the final vote, but it's part of why I once again expected MTP to go through while being more doubtful on the final vote.

He literally just said on the Senate floor he wouldn't vote on this bill and he expects the entire process to fail.

0% of what he's saying they should do is going to get done. Zero. Percent. And he'd vote for any bill that came up. Any.
He literally just said on the Senate floor he wouldn't vote on this bill and he expects the entire process to fail.
Biggest troll vote ever.

JettDash

Agreed on this front. My point is more the House has no choice but to accept the Senate bill because they own the electoral consequences even if it fails.

Plus, that was literally the original plan anyways. pass a placeholder and let the Senate actually draft the thing.

Not even the Senate wants to accept the Senate bill, assuming it is the skinny repeal.

I'll do what I want when it comes to someone trying to protect the integrity of someone who is trying to throw 22 million off their health insurance. But thanks for the note.

I find it damn offensive that you think people applauding a colleague recovering from brain surgery for cancer is out of bounds.

As a cancer survivor.

PBY

Banned
You guys just want to be divas.
I was posting cancer jokes about John McCain as soon as he was diagnosed, but you don't see me boiling over with rage.

STOP MAKING SENSE

I didn't want McCain to die when he got cancer, but he was still an asshole then who believed the same things he voted for his entire life. With cancer, he's the same person.

He proved that today. I don't want him to die, but he's still a terrible person, and definitely not a hero.

If every senator held a grudge against everyone who ever disagreed with them once, no senator would ever talk to another.

Some of you guys should listen to McCain's speech.

I couldn't hear the content of his speech over the sound of a dying man fellating himself, unfortunately.

I mean obviously fuck McCain's desiccated husk but seriously the optics of booing him or going in on someone with cancer are worse than applauding him.

Like I know everyone is pissed but that read is seriously off-kilter.

Blader

If he expects the process to fail, then why is he wasting the chamber's time on voting yes to debate a doomed bill and process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom