• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
Murkowski and Collins are no, and Paul will be a no after this for anything but a straight repeal. This still has a LONG ways to go

It does, but come on, we all know what's happening here.

We're lying to ourselves if you don't think this is the closest the Senate's been to passing something on healthcare.

Hazzuh

How about Capito?

DFmdK9ZXcAEN336.jpg

DFmdWG8XUAA_RsZ.jpg

All the skinny repeal does is essentially get rid of the mandate? That's it?

All those people behind Trump yesterday are going to be so happy when the single market collapses.

Hopfrog

Just remembering some of the town halls and I think fears of violence over this aren't overblown. We already have had an act of political violence towards a member of Congress with the Scalise shooting. If Republicans successfully pass legislation which leads to millions losing health-care as predicted, well . . . There would be a lot of angry people in this country, many of them armed, and with a very specific set of people to blame. Frightening to think about, but desperate people who might die without health-care might be pushed to do terrible things in retaliation.

Ourobolus

Banned
All the skinny repeal does is essentially get rid of the mandate? That's it?

All those people behind Trump yesterday are going to be so happy when the single market collapses.
Right but getting rid of the mandate will fuck up so much on its own

EDIT: I literally didn't read the second half of your post lol

Slizeezyc

Be weird to do a skinny repeal because you only make premiums go up, you don't actually repeal what you said you would repeal, and you completely tie your party to it.

I still feel like the first vote in the Senate was closer than this even with the MTP.

Kusagari

I don't understand what the fuck the point of the skinny repeal is.

Their plan to blame Obamacare imploding on Democrats would seem far easier if they just left it as is. if the American public sees them repealing/voting on anything and it passing they'll see the GOP as doing something for health care.

It will make them own it.

I don't see the senate passing much of anything outside of a repeal of the mandate. And when it goes to conference I don't see how house members sit back and rubber stamp their Medicaid cuts being thrown out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom