• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

Man who attacks people on a daily basis continues to talk about loving one another and treating each other, even the losers and haters I presume, with kindness.

Zolo

Doubt it. They'll just figure he's throwing the liberal media a bone. Like that article said he's already made his position clear.

Nazi's know they have to be thrown under the bus. The fact that it took this long is still a victory for them. Now they can parrot about what problem there is now that he's condemned them.

So how many "He just became President" bullshit statements are we gonna have to call bullshit on today? My guess is at least 5 between MSNBC and CNN alone.

Nazi's know they have to be thrown under the bus. The fact that it took this long is still a victory for them. Now they can parrot about what problem there is now that he's condemned them.
Yeap. I remember the whole David duke situation from a year ago with his weird moment during the Tapper interview where he pretended like he didn't know who he was, only to prepare a statement condemning him a few days later just like this. And Duke just said about it "I fully support trump. I know he's gotta say that but I support Trump saying whatever he has to say to get in office. I know he backs us". Or something to that effect

So how many "He just became President" bullshit statements are we gonna have to call bullshit on today? My guess is at least 5 between MSNBC and CNN alone.
"He just became President, 48 hours after he gave white supremacists a pass" will get mocked endlessly (and well it should). People who says this kind of bullshit do at their own peril. Maaaaaaaybe if he'd sad something extraordinarily strong on Saturday he might have gotten actual credit for it. Him saying it now is a technicality.
I'm going with none. I think there will be many "Better later than never, but..."
Immediate impressions seem to be that this is too little, too late.

Sen. Warner already said "I think he was very Presidential" in response to Trump's statement

He also said this: "I wish he would have said those same words on Saturday...I'm disappointed it took him a couple of days." This is exactly the type of thing I think you will hear a lot of

Tapper said Trump insisted on putting the economic statements at the beginning of his remarks

Of course he did. I bet it was the only way he'd agree to do it. Let him start off babbling about how awesome he is and how he's doing such an amazing job MAGA-ing and then have him swallow the bitter pill three days late.

I refuse to believe Sessions is less racist than trump. So like did he learn a neonazi once smoked pot?

Sessions' brand of racism is a utopia where minorities know their place and happily serve as an underclass. He wants to put the bad ones in jail and have the good ones cheerfully clean his bathroom. He's on that Zipadee Do Da, Song of the South shit.

He sees blatantly violent nazis as an irritation, a hinderance to his own goals. They don't have a place on his harmonious, happy plantation.

Wasn't one of the recent polls at 32% approval? I can't remember if that was Gallup or not though.

But yeah, I bet the events of this weekend are going to add yet another dent in Trump's approval ratings across the polls that are coming.

Vimes

It would be great if we could have some WW2 vets who fought actual nazis to make a statement

Not quite there, but Issa's opponent Doug Applegate had an amazing statement on his facebook page over the weekend in response to the story of the kid who tried to whiteboy his way out of being labelled a Nazi:

https://www.facebook.com/ApplegateForCongress/posts/859371450887457
Yes, you are. You are exactly what my father and my father's generation fought and died to wipe off the face of the Earth. I swear on my father's grave that alt-right neo-nazis Shall Have No Quarter!

Applegate 2018: No Quarter for Neo-Nazis

pigeon

Banned
This morning at a senior center event Bernie said we should make "Medicare available to all."

This is probably a subtle shift from Bernie and reflects the discussions we've had about how "Medicare for all" is a very general policy. "Available" is a coded word that suggests something that looks more like an Obamacare public option.

This seems fine to me, and it's quite notable that as Democratic political support is gathering Bernie's moving towards a policy that has higher odds of getting the votes to be implemented. Good on him. Hopefully this means good things for the bill when it gets introduced.

Looking at Trump's approval rating every week
dd2e692634e176458953ca4f82c0aff6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom