• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
This morning at a senior center event Bernie said we should make "Medicare available to all."

This is probably a subtle shift from Bernie and reflects the discussions we've had about how "Medicare for all" is a very general policy. "Available" is a coded word that suggests something that looks more like an Obamacare public option.

This seems fine to me, and it's quite notable that as Democratic political support is gathering Bernie's moving towards a policy that has higher odds of getting the votes to be implemented. Good on him. Hopefully this means good things for the bill when it gets introduced.

Someone actually got him to understand that's the best way forward in multiple ways?

Good on Sanders, especially given the stories of him being particularly difficult to 'adjust' on policy changes.

Ernest

Banned
20881885_1390871317701015_8136426121214432349_n.jpg

Wilsongt

Bryan Cranston @BryanCranston
It felt like @realDonaldTrump read the TelePrompTer message condemning hate groups like a hostage forced to read a statement by his captors.
12:54 PM · Aug 14, 2017

Who cares what liberal elitist Hollywood says amirite?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Gallup at 34/61. Christ.

If it drops below 30 that will mean the #MAGA folks are going to pretend they didn't like him and they only voted for him out of protest. Or at least I hope so. I am happy to let them pretend some moral high ground as long as they promise to never vote again since they can't be trusted with that privilege.

Mikef2000

In our political environment it's essentially rock-bottom. Basically he's got the hardest of the hardcore repubs left and that's it. Hitler's corpse would get 30% support as long as we tack an "R" after his name.

I still think he will reach the mid to high 20s. That was Dubya's approval near the end of his presidency. And even though Trump is barely 8 months in, it feels like 8 years.

Ithil

I didn't bother watching his statement, but let me guessing, he read it out slowly, staring at the paper in front of him most of the time, reading only a couple of words at a time, clearly having never seen the speech he was reading before in his life.

Wow, Americans can't take all the #winning

Or "polls are fake and the base is as bigger than ever, bigger than the world has ever seen"

Bannon exit gaining steam:

Maggie Haberman‏Verified account @maggieNYT 32m32 minutes ago
More
RE Bannon status and reports of potential departure, one person close to administration described it as "this week or not for a long time."

is 34/61 approval bad
His base will never abandon him, Pelosi is unpopular, Democrats don't vote in midterms or presidential elections, everyone gets their news from Fox, Trump outperforming his polling average by 1-2 points proves his voters don't respond to polls and totallynotafakepollster.blogspot.com has him at 99% approval.

FUCK

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I don't think he needs a war to get that low. Hurricane season is coming and does anyone really think he can manage that properly?

True.

Also, that Arpaio thing is infuriating. What a horrible precedent to set.

This morning at a senior center event Bernie said we should make "Medicare available to all."

This is probably a subtle shift from Bernie and reflects the discussions we've had about how "Medicare for all" is a very general policy. "Available" is a coded word that suggests something that looks more like an Obamacare public option.

This seems fine to me, and it's quite notable that as Democratic political support is gathering Bernie's moving towards a policy that has higher odds of getting the votes to be implemented. Good on him. Hopefully this means good things for the bill when it gets introduced.

Dems 2018 message should be

"Republicans want to take away your health care, Democrats want Medicare for All*, Nazis are bad."

*Be cagey about what "Medicare for All" means exactly.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Was Arpaio convicted of a federal crime?

What did Arpaio do?

Fox News said:
former Arizona sheriff who was found guilty two weeks ago of criminal contempt for defying a state judge's order to stop traffic patrols targeting suspected undocumented immigrants...

Convicted by U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton of misdemeanor contempt of court for willfully disregarding an Arizona judge's order in 2011 to stop the anti-immigrant traffic patrols. Arpaio had maintained the law enforcement patrols for 17 months thereafter.

kirblar

He started pushing the public option 2 months ago at a planned parenthood rally out of nowhere. I'm glad He s finally shifting as single payer is literally not possible politically.

If the ACA does make it through a Trump presidency with a GOP controlled congress it's just a testiment to the bill's overall strength, despite its many weaknesses in its neutered state.

Solidifying it and adding to it is probably the only way to go. Scrapping it for an entirely new system would just make it easier for the GOP to go after again.

A public option isn't single payer but it can get to where it's almost as good in practice

kirblar

If the ACA does make it through a Trump presidency with a GOP controlled congress it's just a testiment to the bill's overall strength, despite its many weaknesses in its neutered state.

Solidifying it and adding to it is probably the only way to go. Scrapping it for an entirely new system would just make it easier for the GOP to go after again.

A public option isn't single payer but it can get to where it's almost as good in practice
All Payer rate setting is something that needs to be looked into. It's something Maryland and other multipayer countries have where Hospitals can't charge different amounts to different insurers. So they have to collectively negotiate.

Obamacare 2.0 is probably the branding to use. Just treat it as an upgrade/fix.

His base will never abandon him, Pelosi is unpopular, Democrats don't vote in midterms or presidential elections, everyone gets their news from Fox, Trump outperforming his polling average by 1-2 points proves his voters don't respond to polls and totallynotafakepollster.blogspot.com has him at 99% approval.

FUCK

FUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom