• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

watershed

Banned
Yeah, I can't believe that North Korea is literally a footnote right now.

Aside from Trump's insane comments, the NK situation played out as usual. They had several successful tests and can now allegedly arm a missile with a nuke, in return harsh sanctions were passed by the UN. Diplomacy continues between SK and NK and no one wants a war. Aside from Trump, everything was normal.

Oh, geez, for a second I thought you meant Iron Stache.
lol yeah. We already had a red alert when Iron Stache turned out to previously follow Mensch (who he's since disavowed).

Paul Ryan's Pizzagate-pushing opponent is a Republican primary challenger. Bad Headlines 101.

JettDash

The only thing that would happen if some nutjob primaried Paul Ryan is that he would no longer be the leader of the House Republicans and they would have to scramble to find someone else.

Individual rank and file members of the House don't have much power. Certainly not compared to the president.

pigeon

Banned
The only thing that would happen if some nutjob primaried Paul Ryan is that he would no longer be the leader of the House Republicans and they would have to scramble to find someone else.

Individual rank and file members of the House don't have much power. Certainly not compared to the president.

I think this would be fun specifically because I don't actually think the House Republicans could choose a Speaker of the House if Paul Ryan stepped down.

Trump is being raked over the coals for the alt-right retweet on CNN atm.

Cuomo says given the context, it can now no longer seem as if Trump is aloof and doesn't know what he's doing with these constant nods and winks.

I love that the culmination of last week's big news (nuclear war of all things) is just like out there and no one cares anymore.

Thats how every week has been

Crowd sizes, Then Flynn, Then he became the president at that moment, then Sessions Perjury/Recusal, then unmasking, then Comey, then Mueller, then that fucking foreign trip, then russia, then missile strikes and chocolate cake, then more russia, then nuclear war, then nazis.

Every week has been insane.

Ryan being primaried would cause chaos in the House, as they scramble to find a successor for Ryan.

It would be a huge ordeal and likely would stall GOP legislation for the foreseeable future

mclem

It's a floor wax and a dessert topping?

and lemon juice.

Fz0Pl8s.jpg

I think this would be fun specifically because I don't actually think the House Republicans could choose a Speaker of the House if Paul Ryan stepped down.

Why would they replace him? He can keep being Speaker without being a member of the House. Stranger things have happened this year.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
CNN reporting on that pizzagate guy

I think allying with neo nazis may actually have put the alt right a bridge too far even for CNN

barber

I don't think they have to wait for a new Congress. Look at what happened with Boehner and Ryan.

The title goes for the whole congress unless someone resigns or gets a motion of non-confidence (or whatever it is called). Then there is another vote for a president until the next congress (congress changes every 2 years, with the house elections).

Ernest

Banned
CEOs who have resigned in protest:

- Uber: over travel ban

- Tesla, Disney: over Paris Agreement withdrawal

- Merck, Under Armour, Intel: over Charlottesville response

And of course the only one he attacks on twitter within minutes is the black guy.

CNN reporting on that pizzagate guy

I think allying with neo nazis may actually have put the alt right a bridge too far even for CNN
People can dismiss "alt-right" as some harmless internet trolls being transgressive. These same people actually have some idea that Nazis are bad.

The Obama-Trump Voters Are Real. Here’s What They Think. https://nyti.ms/2uXq9CZ
C.C.E.S. found that 45 percent of Obama-Trump voters identified as Republican-leaners in their postelection study.

The voters who both voted for Mr. Trump and say they lean Republican have probably taken a big step toward becoming consistent Republican voters. They seem relatively difficult for Democrats to lure back.
Yes, racial resentment is the strongest predictor of the Obama-Trump vote in this survey data. White, working-class Obama voters with racially conservative views were very likely to flip to the Republicans. For example, Mrs. Clinton won just 47 percent of white Obama voters without a college degree who disagreed with the idea that “white people in the U.S. have certain advantages because of the color of their skin.” In contrast, she retained 88 percent of white Obama voters without a college degree who agreed that white people have certain advantages.

Nonetheless, voters with high racial resentment did not necessarily represent the preponderance of the Obama-Trump vote, because Mr. Obama had already lost nearly all such voters by 2012. To take the prior example: 49 percent of white, no-college Obama-Trump supporters at least somewhat disagreed with the notion that white people had certain advantages.
C.C.E.S. found that 26 percent of Obama-Trump voters identified as Democrats in their postelection study, while 35 percent were Republicans and 37 percent were independents. Including those independents who lean toward a party, Republicans led by a wider margin of 45 percent to 30 percent. Even so, that’s a significant share who continue to identify with the Democratic Party despite voting for Mr. Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom