• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if Trump had the best PR and speech writers money could buy, it wouldn't matter since he has to actually say the words written and now veer off course. Which is just what he does and that won't change

The first state of the union is going to be... something.

Kusagari

Well that means Bannon and Miller didn't write it down. Wonder if one of the two told Trump to do it or if it truly was him going off script on his own.

With this implosion of White House stupidity going on the mods must be in overdrive. I don't recall seeing so many red names in threads before (unless I'm mistaken on the forum setup).

Edit: specifically meaning directly addressing threads because of the discord going on and not just making normal posts.

Blader

Well that means Bannon and Miller didn't write it down. Wonder if one of the two told Trump to do it or if it truly was him going off script on his own.

The Haberman/Thrush piece yesterday said Bannon pushed Trump not to too come down too harsh on the white supremacists because they make up a part of his base.

Ernest

Banned
Dan Merica
✔
@danmericaCNN

A WH official tells CNN the image of a train hitting a man/CNN logo was "inadvertently posted" & "immediately deleted" once it was noticed
"inadvertently"?
Because he's a little kid and doesn't know what he's doing?
He didn't see it and think it was funny and re-tweeted it? He wasn't then immediately called and told that it would be perceived as insensitive? Or is that what we're calling inadvertent now?
Or was he just joking again then? That Trump, such a kidder!

jmdajr

heh. The Mooch was on Colbert.

He did pretty ok I thought.

Said Bannon has to go, and Trump basically still thinks he's running a campaign.

Slizeezyc

Haha wait, wait, hold up. Cheeto RT'd a man being hit by a train that just superimposed the CNN logo on it? So, like, he did the Trump punches Vince/CNN GIF thing again and just took it a step further now?

Do I have that right?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Haha wait, wait, hold up. Cheeto RT'd a man being hit by a train that just superimposed the CNN logo on it? So, like, he did the Trump punches Vince/CNN GIF thing again and just took it a step further now?

Do I have that right?

It was a cartoon

Wilsongt

Trump is going to have an anurysm or heart attack soon if he keeps going like this.

I'd hate to be his media dweeb who has to scour the internet looking for good news stories.

Trump is going to be on his death bed getting a spray tan and his hair done with a mirror looking at himself going "tell me I'm pretty and the greatest. The absolute best."

Do I have that right?
Great time to joke about your political opponents being crushed by vehicles. He truly is a marketing genius.

DHR82xJVwAAKpRz.jpg:large

Slacker

Did Trump ever call out the Under Armor or Intel CEOs like he did the Merck guy? If not, I wonder what's different about the Merck guy that Trump wouldn't like? Thinking... thinking... nope I can't solve this mystery.

Slacker

Is that now four CEOs out of the council now?

Mr. Trump - please announce your choices to replace them on twitter so they have to respond publicly.

Hyoukokun

Did Trump ever call out the Under Armor or Intel CEOs like he did the Merck guy? If not, I wonder what's different about the Merck guy that Trump wouldn't like? Thinking... thinking... nope I can't solve this mystery.
Very, very charitably, he saw the reaction to his Merck tweet and decided to still his fingers.

(No, I don't buy it either.)

Blader

I laughed at this bit in the New Yorker's Assange piece:

For Assange, there is no real difference between a hack and a leak; in both instances, individuals are taking risks to expose the secrets of institutions. What did it matter how the information came to light? Either way, he would publish it.

Boy that sounds familiar!

Zack Colman‏Verified account
@zcolman
Follow

per source, WH has confirmed they will rescind Obama order that flood-prone infrastructure be built with sea-level rise in mind

Just do the opposite of what common sense calls for. That's the Trump administration modus operandi.

kess

I mean, it seems like it's every week, but it really seems like the last one put a terminal blow on Trump's psyche. His inability to admit fault isn't anything new, but lashing out at the business leaders that he invited in the first place makes him look like the little league loser he really is.

His anger doesn't disguise why they're leaving, which makes his prior statement even more insincere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom