• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
"Has a VP ever tried to primary his president? How awkward would that be? Just asking for a friend." -- Mike Pence

After today, I've decided it's time for me to PM my 1st grade teacher on facebook. In elementary school, a little girl in pre-K called me a nigger and she took the time to inform the entire class about civil rights. Now she's posting all sorts of pro-Trump garbage. I feel a simple message expressing my disappointment would help her at least look at herself for a moment.

She still comments on pictures and says how much she still loves me even though I post loads of liberal stuff. It sucks how easy it is for seemingly kind people to get sucked into this shit.

I guess Fox doesnt want to talk about that presser LOL (probably having any emergency meeting right now on how to spin this, my guess will be "hysterical liberal media".

Talking about the DOJ trying to get that info from 1.3 million anti-Nazi people. Chuck Todd going in.

This is a fair point and not something I considered. That being said ... wouldn't this demo feel like the GOP as a whole is still the party that supports them? Kinda like the religious nut who let the sexual assault stuff slide because the GOP is against abortions.

Evangelicals have never given a crap about sexual assault. They're the "it's the woman's fault" crowd. Meanwhile Adelson had to hold a meeting with other high profile Jewish donors with Kushner and Bannon to assuage concerns that Bannon was an anti-semite. One of those groups is way more malleable

Owzers

I guess Fox doesnt want to talk about that presser LOL (probably having any emergency meeting right now on how to spin this, my guess will be "hysterical liberal media".

Talking about the DOJ trying to get that info from 1.3 million anti-Nazi people. Chuck Todd going in.
They started with it and some were fairly passionate about how awful it was. Hannity will probably thank trump for talking about the alt left.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Annie Karni‏Verified account @anniekarni

Just noticed the use of "us" in this transcript. "Okay, what about the alt-left that came charging at us."

Edit: Looks like she was wrong--he says "em"

"Has a VP ever tried to primary his president? How awkward would that be? Just asking for a friend." -- Mike Pence
Well, a VP once ran against and defeated the president in the general (Jefferson over Adams) although they were of opposite parties and it had a lot to do with the bizarre first version of the Electoral College. The story of the House vote in that election between Jefferson and Burr (who was supposed to be his running mate) is it's own thing.

Teggy

Heather Heyer's mom did release a statement yesterday, which kind of shocked me

“Thank you, President Trump, for those words of comfort and for denouncing those who promote violence and hatred,” Susan Bro, mother of Heather Heyer, said in a statement shortly after Mr. Trump belatedly called out white supremacists and other hate groups during a press conference Monday afternoon.

And lol

Glenn Thrush @GlennThrush
Per sources: Ivanka/Jared among those pushing Trump to more forcefully denounce neo-Nazis, KKK and white nationalists over the weekend...
5:26 PM · Aug 15, 2017

Interesting catch here from the speech.

vlyOhlR.gif

Teggy

Man, I really, really want to ask my parents, the Trump voters who won't vacation in Europe right now because it's "too antisemitic", what they think about this, but I don't dare.

They live in Virginia, as it happens.

Vimes

Heather Heyer's mom did release a statement yesterday, which kind of shocked mel

Didn't she focus on the fact that her daughter was protesting nonviolently in her original statement? As crass as it is to speculate on the motivations of people in grief, I don't get the impression she truly understands why her daughter was out there protesting or what she stood for.

Frankly, I will be entirely unsurprised if we find out later she voted for Trump.

How does one man continue to mess up everything lo

Condemning Nazis is the easiest thing ever.

Because he's true to himself.

His failure to control himself today and listen to his aides is going to hasten the Republican party destroying itself.

Today, IMO (and I know some will disagree) was a good day.

I'm of the opinion that if he keeps squeaking out of owning who he is, and the GOP is able to reconcile with that, and this draws out forever, the number of people who are going to get hurt will be even larger than if shit gets really bad in the short run.

And no, I'm not an accelerationist. I tried so hard to keep him out of office.

Amazing how taking off a white polo shirt is "taking your white supremacist uniform off".

Not to go all "both sides" but it's still before Labor Day! That's not fair!

In all seriousness is a white polo considered a display of far-right identification? I don't think I have any but if it is I'll have to go through my closet to make sure.

Some pundits and journalists who I follow have been warning that things would be getting even rockier after his attacks on Sessions last month.

They seem to have this...wonderful ability to completely overdeliver. I just...

It's kind of crazy that we're currently a country with no leader whatsoever.

Yeah. I used to think any "he'll be gone in a few months time" talk was getting one's hopes up to be dashed but...I don't know how we'd be able to survive if he's still tainting the WH months from now. It's like how I threw it down to my congressionals after Charlottesville: "Last week was worse than the week before that, which was worse than the week before that one and next week will surely be worse still. What will it be like by Thanksgiving? Christmas?"

It's not a LACK of leadership in a "Designated Survivor" sorta way, it's an actual ANTI-leadership that makes the rest of government work less. We don't have time for "25% approvals" or "Mueller's case to wrap up" or "Tax reform failing" or whathaveyou. This is complete disfunction and goddamn anti-American Nazi shit here that simpley CANNOT be left unaddressed. At all.

Plinko

I just looked (because what a gotcha it would be) and it's not clear what he says. It's sounds as much like "'em" as "us."

That transcript isn't perfect.

Yeah, I'm seeing that now, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom