• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sianos

Wait a second.

Did you guys not think I was right before?

Man, I been with you on this from jump. You've obviously been right this whole time about that shit.

I definitely did. There were a couple certain people in here who thought it was an overreaction that would make people not listen to liberals anymore. Those people were obviously wrong.

Echoing this.

So today's the day Trump has admitted he is a Fascist. That 'accidental' retweet earlier today was just a sign for what was to happen later today. He isn't doing this for Russia or polls or Bannon or to appeal to his base. He is doing this because he is a Fascist and this is what he believes.

pigeon

Banned
I feel kind of bad, I was mostly trying to make a joke. But I appreciate the congrats very much, guys.

Here's my latest perspective: it's time to start thinking carefully about how safe the city you live in is. Better safe than sorry.

So today's the day Trump has admitted he is a Fascist. That 'accidental' retweet earlier today was just a sign for what was to happen later today. He isn't doing this for Russia or polls or Bannon or to appeal to his base. He is doing this because he is a Fascist and this is what he believes.
I think it also has to do with his ego.

Really we know how sensitive Trump is. One reason why I think he's gone as low as he has. I.e, being able to pretty easily call out the KKK in 2000 vs now despite his lawsuits and other things, is that when he said something that got racist people to praise him, and "liberals" to chastise him, it just pushed him further into the hole.

Like this is a guy who needs a folder twice a day of positive news and praise because he's so fragile and needs to be validated. It doesn't matter to him that the Nazis are bad people. They are one of the only groups of people who still praise him and think he's great so he doesn't want to throw them under the bus or call them out to appease the people who regularly trash him

Is masturbation against the TOS?

Anyway I just recently read the news and I'm mostly unshocked. The entire paradigm of his political career is race realism and nationalism. I'm reading people treat this as a next-level of nazi support but he's already been on Info Wars and retweeting nazis and started his campaign with a declaration against mexican people so, not really surprised?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Shit like this is why I was afraid of even leaving the house after the election. Being brown in this climate is a god damn nightmare.

Just in case of what? Don't you live in Massachusetts?

I live in Southern Maine.

But Northern Maine is really, really far gone right now. My fiancé's brother works up in Bath and there is basically no man he knows who is not itching for the possibility of gunning down libtards.

There's also a couple trucks around here with big confederate flags attached to their cabs. However few they are, they are louder and prouder than ever before in our lives.

Maine, in general, is a blue state. But I'm sure I don't need to remind anybody that Paul LePage was elected twice and that northern Maine swung huge for Trump.

We are afraid. And honestly, when we're afraid, we would rather buy vests and goggles than guns of our own.

EDIT: I'll also mention we are wanting to be present and in attendance at future rallies near us and piece of mind is priceless.

What do we need control of to ban nazi propaganda?
somehow get a supreme court that will take on a case and issue a ruling that significantly scales back the current interpretation of the 1st amendment, or gain enough power to pass a new constitutional amendment.

good luck with either of those :|

I live in Southern Maine.

But Northern Maine is really, really far gone right now. My fiancé's brother works up in Bath and there is basically no man he knows who is not itching for the possibility of gunning down libtards.

There's also a couple trucks around here with big confederate flags attached to their cabs.

Maine, in general, is a blue state. But I'm sure I don't need to remind anybody that Paul LePage was elected twice and that northern Maine swung huge for Trump.

We are afraid. And honestly, when we're afraid, we would rather buy vests and goggles than guns of our own.

I could actually see your situation as really sketchy. I live in rural Mississippi, so there's not exactly a lot of tension here given that everyone is mostly a hardcore Confederate-lover. We have multiple counties named for Confederates! Including Jefferson Davis County; not Davis County, but the full name. Gotta really drive home that he was from here.

I'm not living anywhere that isn't as blue as the Mariana Trench. My dream to live in Hawaii is being justified further every day.

The living nightmare would be where he says this shit and everyone cheers for it. Even Fox is castigating him over this, at least for now.

Until Fucker Carlson and Call-boy Hannity start deflecting to Clinton again.

pigeon

Banned
Shit like this is why I was afraid of even leaving the house after the election. Being brown in this climate is a god damn nightmare.

I moved off the mainland.

Not even kidding.

Of course I didn't anticipate we would go to war with North Korea so that's embarrassing.

I could actually see your situation as really sketchy. I live in rural Mississippi, so there's not exactly a lot of tension here given that everyone is mostly a hardcore Confederate-lover. We have multiple counties named for Confederates! Including Jefferson Davis County; not Davis County, but the full name. Gotta really drive home that he was from here.

I have the enormous benefit of living in the relative safety of New England. This is something that ensures a certain amount of safety in these extremely stressful times. I don't undermine that and it doesn't count for nothing.

But every state - every single one - has a white supremacist population. This population varies wildly in size and influence, but how many does it take to kill you?

Maine is a state that is full of guns and 50 year old white men with nothing else to do but run drills in their backyards with their enormous gun collections. There's absolutely some anxiety that the disenfranchised northerners with nothing to lose will make a point of targeting people down here. The tension between northern and southern Maine has always been noticeable. It wasn't that long ago a group was trying to split the state into "Maine" and "Northern Massachusetts." (http://www.centralmaine.com/2015/04/21/in-maine-its-north-vs-south-2/)

It was a joke that then and we laughed.

But no one is laughing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom