• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't even matter what your opinions are, if you can't stay calm and you become unhinged people's estimation of you will drop even further. He's getting closer to fucking "Hitler in the bunker" mode.

Today is a good day.

Mac_Lane

94e5f5c22a1a41ec18b627d614d5d3fed2ab6b6f.jpg

What the actual fuck

If you combine the Muslim ban, Judge Curial, Mexican rapists, Pussy grabbing, etc together, those 20 minutes today were a hundred times worse

I've been diligently working for once at work and missed the press conference. The thread in OT was blocked by my work though, so I assume he said some vile stuff. Is it still going on?

If his approval stays above 30% we can confidently say that a third of America is either Nazis or is sympathizing with at least some fascist views. (And as somebody who has been labeled by Russia as fascist - I was born in Ukraine - I don't make these statements lightly)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I've been diligently working for once at work and missed the press conference. The thread in OT was blocked by my work though, so I assume he said some vile stuff. Is it still going on?

He compared Robert E Lee to George Washington, among other things. He outed himself as a definite white supremacist today.

Slacker

It's amazing how the pea brains of Trump and whoever writes his speeches work.

Advisors: Hey we need to condemn the violence in the strongest possible terms.
Writers: Can do.
Trump: (reading prompter) We condemn the violence in the strongest possible terms.

you know. as a black man, it's pretty fascinating seeing all of america's horrific racial tensions coming to roost. i hope i never see the word "post-racial" ever again in my fucking 60+ years or so of living.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
you know. it's pretty fascinating seeing all of america's horrific racial tensions coming to roost. i hope i never see the word "post-racial" ever again in my fucking 60+ years or so of living.

I mean, we were due eventually I suppose. At some point racist white people would react to all this progress (no matter how slow) and vote in a virulent racist, again. I suppose we're just lucky he's an incompetent moron who can't do too much damage.

Blader

He compared Robert E Lee to George Washington, among other things. He outed himself as a definite white supremacist today.

Comparing their records as generals sounds like an interesting thought experiment for benji that I would definitely read... though the fact that Washington won his war and Lee lost his kind of tips the scales.

Blader

you know. as a black man, it's pretty fascinating seeing all of america's horrific racial tensions coming to roost. i hope i never see the word "post-racial" ever again in my fucking 60+ years or so of living.

I honestly think this is just the beginning of some increasingly serious shit. Can you imagine in 30 years when America is a minority-majority country, where whites are literally no longer the majority of the population? The white supremacists will shrink in number but explode in intensity.

Thaedolus

The dude is completely amoral. It's not necessarily that he agrees with the nazis, I don't think anyway, it's just he really doesn't know the difference between the two sides. He has no moral compass. What he does know is that one side supports him and one side doesn't. That's the totality of the arithmetic going on in his head.

Sianos

exposing the collective id of the republican party

at least its being dragged into the sunlight earlier rather than later, and by a fucking moron as opposed to someone with even a hint of subtlety or charisma

The dude is completely amoral. It's not necessarily that he agrees with the nazis, I don't think anyway, it's just he really doesn't know the difference between the two sides. He has no moral compass. What he does know is that one side supports him and one side doesn't. That's the totality of the arithmetic going on in his head.

No no no. Don't come here and make excuses. Everything we know about Donald Trump has told us he's a virulent racist for a long time. He is totally fine with white supremacy.

kirblar

No no no. Don't come here and make excuses. Everything we know about Donald Trump has told us he's a virulent racist for a long time. He is totally fine with white supremacy.
From a 1990 profile of Ivana Trump and her divorce: https://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/2015/07/donald-ivana-trump-divorce-prenup-marie-brenner

Donald Trump appears to take aspects of his German background seriously. John Walter works for the Trump Organization, and when he visits Donald in his office, Ivana told a friend, he clicks his heels and says, “Heil Hitler,” possibly as a family joke.

Last April, perhaps in a surge of Czech nationalism, Ivana Trump told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that from time to time her husband reads a book of Hitler’s collected speeches, My New Order, which he keeps in a cabinet by his bed. Kennedy now guards a copy of My New Order in a closet at his office, as if it were a grenade. Hitler’s speeches, from his earliest days up through the Phony War of 1939, reveal his extraordinary ability as a master propagandist.

“Did your cousin John give you the Hitler speeches?” I asked Trump.

Trump hesitated. “Who told you that?”

“I don’t remember,” I said.

“Actually, it was my friend Marty Davis from Paramount who gave me a copy of Mein Kampf, and he’s a Jew.” (“I did give him a book about Hitler,” Marty Davis said. “But it was My New Order, Hitler’s speeches, not Mein Kampf. I thought he would find it interesting. I am his friend, but I’m not Jewish.”)

Later, Trump returned to this subject. “If I had these speeches, and I am not saying that I do, I would never read them.”

Is Ivana trying to convince her friends and lawyer that Trump is a crypto-Nazi? Trump is no reader or history buff. Perhaps his possession of Hitler’s speeches merely indicates an interest in Hitler’s genius at propaganda. The Führer often described his defeats at Stalingrad and in North Africa as great victories. Trump continues to endow his diminishing world with significance as well. “There’s nobody that has the cash flow that I have,” he told The Wall Street Journal long after he knew better. “I want to be king of cash.”

Maledict

This *still*?

He's a racist. He's been a racist his entire life. He's been fucking sued repeatedly across multiple businesses for actually being a racist - and he lost every case. He was the literal textbook definition of a racist during the campaign!

He's a racist through and through. Why do people keep feeling the need to deny this?

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
exposing the collective id of the republican party

at least its being dragged into the sunlight earlier rather than later, and by a fucking moron as opposed to someone with even a hint of subtlety or charisma

Yeah, I'm hoping someone's following up with Ted Cruz right now

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Bullshit. Don't make excuses for him anymore, condemning Nazis is literally the easiest thing for an American politician to do. The only reason you don't do it is if you are one yourself.

He's got to go. This has been kinda amusing in a "Brazil" sort of existential horror way, but this is it. He has to go. The Republicans can't let this pass. Fuck the legislative agenda, he has to go.

I'm done laughing to keep from crying.

Blader

This *still*?

He's a racist. He's been a racist his entire life. He's been fucking sued repeatedly across multiple businesses for actually being a racist - and he lost every case. He was the literal textbook definition of a racist during the campaign!

He's a racist through and through. Why do people keep feeling the need to deny this?

He is a lifelong racist, but I also think part of the calculus for him is that the white supremacists are nice to him and the anti-Nazis are not, therefore, side with the white supremacists.

Thaedolus

It's not an excuse, I think he's a vile sack of shit and definitely a racist, but I'm trying to understand why he can't do what is objectively in his best interest: because he can't even comprehend that what he's doing is wrong. He doesn't see why he should even just fake not being a vile sack of shit because he thinks he's right. I don't think he ascribes to the tenants of naziism because he's too stupid to understand them, but if a guy wearing a hood or a swastika raises his arm to salute he's gonna say "yeah this guy has some great ideas!"

Slizeezyc

Bullshit. Don't make excuses for him anymore, condemning Nazis is literally the easiest thing for an American politician to do. The only reason you don't do it is if you are one yourself.

Yeah, dementia or not, it's an easy dunk. Even Kyle Korver is jamming that home on the break. He's got an ego that can't be contained which probably plays a role on the periphery of his rationale.

Ernest

Banned
If there were still any questions about whether Trump actually meant what he said in his scripted statement yesterday, I think that was just answered.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Before this I thought the chance of republicans joining impeachment proceedings were infinitesimal.

I think that probability jumped substantially today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom