• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if he had almost no duties or responsibilities, I have a feeling Trump is going to wish he'd kept Bannon on just to have some control over him. Man is dangerous. If his plan of chaos didn't pan out because Trump was too politically inept-- Too stupid for Bannon's own good, basically-- He'll just continue the quest on his own. Played the GOP like a fiddle via Breitbart through the primaries, for example, and now he's a free agent.

Matt Drudge: "Bannon had one hell of a run..."

DHhpa2zW0AAEzDs.jpg

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Even if he had almost no duties or responsibilities, I have a feeling Trump is going to wish he'd kept Bannon on just to have some control over him. Man is dangerous. If his plan of chaos didn't pan out because Trump was too politically inept-- Too stupid for Bannon's own good, basically-- He'll just continue the quest on his own. Played the GOP like a fiddle via Breitbart through the primaries, for example, and now he's a free agent.

Bannon will still have control. He will talk to him every day I'm sure on his personal phone. This is Bannon taking the sword for Trump for the Nazi stuff.

Vimes

Bannon will still have control. He will talk to him every day I. Sure on his personal phone. This is Bannon taking the sword for Trump for the Nazi stuff.

I think you're underestimating how much more you can push your agenda in person compared to over the phone. Every team I've worked on has in-person meetings for exactly this reason.

Trump is a notoriously suggestible man and having Bannon out of his immediate environment is good.

Hmmmm

Susan Hennessey @Susan_Hennessey
Massive coincidence: reporter spreading smear stories about FBI officials and others for weeks, now confirms she has direct line to Bannon.

Sara A. Carter @SaraCarterDC
Steve Bannon just told me he resigned from the White House two weeks ago @POTUS #Bannon

She's talking about these stories, maybe others as well. (also they seem to be bogus stories that got picked up all over the rest of the right wing mediasphere)

FBI lawyer allegedly under investigation for purportedly leaking about Yahoo, Inc. program

Former Obama aide Ben Rhodes is now a person of interest in the unmasking investigation

I feel like Trump's entire administration can be summed up by those scenes in movies where the villain is scolding his right-hand-man for fumbling something up, and says "And this is the price of failure" before turning around and killing some random mook.

Except here, Trump is both the villain and the screw-up assistant, and picking off his ranks over his own mistakes.

Blader

I think you guys might be overhyping the Trump/Bannon schism. I expect a lot of zealous Trump defending more than White House bombthrowing. If any part of Bannon is going to be re-unleashed, it'll be attacks on Ryan, McConnell, and Congress. But I don't expect him to start launching outside shitstorms at Trump.

Kusagari

Anyone that thinks Bannon is going to go on some blistering attack of Trump is sniffing too much hopium.

He's going to still talk to Trump on the phone. He's going to use Miller as a way to push legislation directly. And he's going to cast himself as a martyr sacrificed to the globalists for Trump's sake.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Der Spiegel not pulling any punches, translation: "The true face of Donald Trump"... Ouch!

DHhh5odWsAACiwE.jpg

Anyone that thinks Bannon is going to go on some blistering attack of Trump is sniffing too much hopium.

He's going to still talk to Trump on the phone. He's going to use Miller as a way to push legislation directly. And he's going to cast himself as a martyr sacrificed to the globalists for Trump's sake.
he can keep directing smear campaigns against McMaster and Cohn and the rest and Kelly won't be able to do shit.

Teggy

Steve Kopack @SteveKopack
When the news of Bannon's exit aired on CNBC, traders on the floor of the NYSE could be heard cheering quite loudly
1:04 PM · Aug 18, 2017

Hint: it wasn't because they cared he was a racist

Josh Jordan @NumbersMuncher
Gallup: Trump approval inches up to 38-57, now higher than it was before the Charlottesville white supremacy news last weekend (37-57).
1:08 PM · Aug 18, 2017

The truth is people care more about their healthcare than having a racist president.

I ran over to the_donald. Its a stickied topic but there's only one comment from a moderator under it referring to multiple news sources confirming Bannon's resignation.

Key there being: resignation.

R/the_donald is just removing the conversation entirely from the thread. The stickied thread is no longer there.

They're in full blown denial mode.

If he was internally at war with the other half of Trumps circle, why do you think that war won't play out in public through Bretibart?

Barzul

@JoyAnnReid

Source tells me Bannon ouster is a Kelly op with Javanka support. And Kelly's not done (guessing Gorka shouldn't make any big purchases.)

Christmas in August.

Kusagari

If he was internally at war with the other half of Trumps circle, why do you think that war won't play out in public through Bretibart?

He was already warring with them right now. Everyone with a brain could see it through the articles posted on Breitbart. He's obviously going to keep attacking the "globalists" like McMaster and Cohn and Kushner.

Actual real attacks on Trump? I'll believe it when it happens.

That interview he did was real bad. Regardless of any of the other stuff.

I get that. It's just that Bannon is still a favorite among his base. It seems wild to me that after going all White Nationalist he fires his White Nationalist and there's word Gorka is next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom