• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

Btw does anyone else kind of consider it to be poetic justice that someone with the last name of Bro is speaking out against Trump and his nazi... bros?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Robert Costa @costareports
One theme I'm picking up: Bannon believes next battle is *not* w/ Trump but w/ Kushner/Cohn/Dina/HR McMaster. "Save Trump," as one R put it.
1:32 PM · Aug 18, 2017

Good luck with all that.

Even though I'm happy he's gone, I don't understand it from Trump's POV. Really, politically speaking this is a terrible move by Trump.

Who is he appeasing by doing this? This achieves nothing other than pissing a large faction of the people who still support him off.

One reason why I believe Trump's floor of support was so much higher than other republican presidents who got mired in scandal was because the "move hard to the right socially and never apologize for it" strategy worked. It allowed him to communicate things that appealed to the rust belt voters while campaigning without being ripped apart for being a rino or not a true conservative like any other republican would. Nobody could question his status as a "republican" to the base because his far right social stances aren't things a democrat would ever say.

Meanwhile this all happened while everyone denounced him, the establishment GOP ran away from him, and it looked like his campaign was an unsalvagable train wreck. But he stuck to the alt right Bannon strategy and it paid off more than anyone could have imagined.

People could argue that it's causing too much chaos now that he is actually governing but it isn't like he can walk back where he has gone. Or that the chaos is going to go down at all after he's gone.

Trump is an idiot and most likely has no fucking clue why what any of what he had been saying appealed to the anti-"globalist" base. I doubt he will not be fed lines or do things directed by who ever else is in charge now that will make his base lose their fucking minds. He already looks like he's cucking out and bending to the liberal media narrrative. Firing Bannon will make them hyper sensitive to whatever he says from now on. He won't be given the same benefit of the doubt now with a large group of people whenever he has to say something to appease people

sangreal

Why is trump being all racist AND firing bannon?

being openly racist gives him cover for firing bannon

but really, he just can't help himself. he fired Bannon because Trump thought Bannon was getting too big and Trump needed to assert his dominance

Teggy

That's not even a pun!

You've never heard "Boy, bye"?

DHh5NL7VYAAJtuu

Teggy

Poor Steve King

Hallie Jackson @HallieJackson
Bannon backlash: @SteveKingIA tells me Bannon's departure is a hard blow, calls it part of "purge" of conservatives from West Wing.
2:07 PM · Aug 18, 2017 from New Jersey, USA

Bannon always worried me because he was Trumpism that could work. Infrastructure, tax the rich, don't touch Medicaid, but also white nationalism.

Trump instead is going to get boiler plate Republican doctrine, which is deeply unpopular to the people he convinced to vote for him in 2016. We don't need all of them back, we just need 45,000 of them back. Which, not a lot!

Blader

Bannon always worried me because he was Trumpism that could work. Infrastructure, tax the rich, don't touch Medicaid, but also white nationalism.

Trump instead is going to get boiler plate Republican doctrine, which is deeply unpopular to the people he convinced to vote for him in 2016. We don't need all of them back, we just need 45,000 of them back. Which, not a lot!

When did Bannon ever advocate for preserving Medicaid? He was all in on both Ryan's and McConnell's health care plans that gutted Medicaid.

Even fewer than that if some are disillusioned and stay home.

I think it's the reverse. If Trump alienates Brietbart readers, what base does he have left?

Yeah between this and events earlier this week both the right and alt-right are destroying each other.

This guy on CNN, is comparing Lincoln to Hitler...
Another sign that everyone(both the left and right) should dump CNN. They have a lot of talented people on their team and they don't report news as inaccurately as Fox and Breitbart. However, their insistence to put the most extreme left and extreme right people on their shows to duke it out are terrible. They are a big source of division because they get crazies to represent both sides making each side further dig in their heels. Both this and them getting someone calling to remove Washington monuments further proves it to me. They've become trash over the course of the Obama presidency. Don't forget they also entertained all of the Birthers, Obamacare= death panels, Obama is an economic terrorist, etc.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Good point, and we don't even need the 45000 overall to vote for democrats. We just need them not to show up on election day. The lack of both a Trump-type and a Hillary-type to drive far right voters to the polls is going to hurt republicans badly in 2018 and 2020.

Edit: Just saw fredrancour said the same.

Also most people don't know Lincoln is responsible for the largest mass execution in US history. He executed 38 Dakota Native Americans for a rebellion.

Never put a similar plan mass execution for confederates generals and their rebellion. Wonder why.

TBH I feel like this is the winning plan for any republican moving forward

Move hard to the right socially, it'll allow you to move to the left economically and win the rust belt states trump was able to flip while still win a primary without having to do what Romney did and walk back basically all of his ideas to appeal to the far right

Hard right social stances only make you unpopular with the people who don't vote Republican anyway. And makes all the dumb people in the liberal media ( and Neogaf) really angry which is a bonus for them. So I don't really see a down side, until I'm proven wrong it actually hurts

Another sign that everyone(both the left and right) should dump CNN. They have a lot of talented people on their team and they don't report news as inaccurately as Fox and Breitbart. However, their insistence to put the most extreme left and extreme right people on their shows to duke it out are terrible. They are a big source of division because they get crazies to represent both sides making each side further dig in their heels. Both this and them getting someone calling to remove Washington monuments further proves it to me. They've become trash over the course of the Obama presidency. Don't forget they also entertained all of the Birthers, Obamacare= death panels, Obama is an economic terrorist, etc.

We've heard from Shep Smith that zero elected Republicans wanted to come on the Fox kiddie pool and defend the "Very Fine People" statement. I think that's as good a metric as any for what limits of extreme views/deflecting major networks should allow.

Yeah between this and events earlier this week both the right and alt-right are destroying each other.

What crazies from the left be on there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom