• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, is just me or is Youtube too far gone at this point? I've been listening to several left leaning Youtubers take on what happened in Charlottesville and, minus a few smaller ones that the horde hasn't descended upon, they are all downvoted like crazy and filled with comments trying to 'both sides' the attack or claim that Antifa were the real terrorists who brought violence to the rally. It's absolutely insane.

Youtube is overrun by bot accounts and it has the weakest moderation out of major social media sites.

Oh my god. It'll be like a dumbass singularity crashing down on us.
I was talking with a Canadian friend yesterday about how much (only just) this week has diminished the historic nature of Obama's presidency. It's like you'll be able to easily look at those Presidents dining table mats and tell an entire story of how a black man got elected and then the country did this.

That election night in 08 when everyone was asking if people were ready for a black president? the answer ended up being no.

The hardest part that history teachers will have to teach is how that same black man won twice in a row. With which I'd just say "he was that good".

dakini

US isn't ready for a woman president. If dems run a woman again get prepared for another loss.

The thing is tho, most of the current and upcoming talent in the Dem party are women. It's going to be hard for the Dems NOT to choose a woman as the party's nominee.

Mizerman

I was talking with a Canadian friend yesterday about how much (only just) this week has diminished the historic nature of Obama's presidency. It's like you'll be able to easily look at those Presidents dining table mats and tell an entire story of how a black man got elected and then the country did this.

That election night in 08 when everyone was asking if people were ready for a black president? the answer ended up being no.

The hardest part that history teachers will have to teach is how that same black man won twice in a row. With which I'd just say "he was that good".

They got shook when Obama dared to be president and never looked back.

jtb

Banned
I don't want to keep posting the same point but: you cannot go after Trump's chief of staff, his top advisers, whatever McMaster is I can't remember, and even the "Trump presidency" itself, and say you're not going after Trump. Just because you aren't literally naming Trump doesn't change the fact that you're CLEARLY going after him and his administration. And if you factor in going after the GOP establishment, you're making it harder for Trump to get stuff done, so that's also hurting him.

I really can't see any upside for Trump in anything Bannon does at this point.

Yup. This is where I'm at right now.

Common thread with Bannon is he recognizes that he needs a vessel for his abhorrent views. It can't just be attacking everybody. If not Trump, then who? Sessions, his original choice?

Hillary lost by 70,000 votes, calm down with the THE COUNTRY ISN'T READY stuff.
Yeah, Gillibrand, Harris and Klobuchar don't have the same problems Clinton did. Maybe some elements (Gillibrand being too close to Wall Street, Klobuchar not being super charismatic) but those are pretty generic concerns compared to someone who's been in the public spotlight for thirty years and was known to be involved in scandals (whether voluntarily or not).

It's the same mistake as "we need another Obama" aka 95% of what's driving Booker's support.

Did anyone else catch that segment on Gorka on CNN? They roasted that motherfucker alive. They had at least 3-4 actual terrorist experts call him a fake terroristic expert, an enthusiast or just knowledgeable person on terrorism at best. I think it was an old segment, but playing it in light of the steve bannon news, extra heat.

Teggy

Did anyone else catch that segment on Gorka on CNN? They roasted that motherfucker alive. They had at least 3-4 actual terrorist experts call him a fake terroristic expert, an enthusiast or just knowledgeable person on terrorism at best. I think it was an old segment, but playing it in light of the steve bannon news, extra heat.

He has a completely fake PhD as well.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I didn't know Counselor Troi was so savage.

imgs0NR.png

First woman president could also be Nikki Haley and all of poligaf will be miserable and hate it and not care about the glass ceiling shattering like our UK bros

jtb

Banned
Her odds are as good as Kasich. If not better. She could win NH and SC back to back where as I don't think Kasich can win in the southern states like she can

Governor, UN embassador experience, think she'll run.

This is the party of Trump. Don't count on it.

Her odds are as good as Kasich. If not better. She could win NH and SC back to back where as I don't think Kasich can win in the southern states like she can

Governor, UN embassador experience, think she'll run.

The next time she possibly will have a chance to run will be almost a decade since she was governor of SC.

And she'll be tied to the Trump administration. That's not good.

This is the party of Trump. Don't count on it.
Right, I agree that it's unlike a Republican like her can win going forward. But at the same time it's weird to dismiss her chances while count on a Kasich primary as having any sort of chance of working. Seeing as how, imo Haley is more equipped to win in a national campaign than he likely is because she can probably win in southern and northern areas if Kasich can win anywhere

Or we can get an American Le Pen. Who knows.

jtb

Banned
I have as much faith in Nikki Haley's ability to expand her appeal to the rest of the south as I did in Lindsey Graham's.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Feel like today moved the country a little bit closer to my prediction that 40-60 years from now, if America still exists, the GOP won't exist as a party anymore. As the radical right keeps a tight grip on the party, center-right voters will become solid Democrats and that party will become centrist liberal. A new party (maybe the DSA?) that represents the new wave of leftists that are becoming politically aware right now will become the second major party. Radical right-wingers will essentially give up on using the electoral system and resort to anti-government violence and terrorism.

I actually thought of this like two years ago, and recent events haven't changed my mind.

The next time she possibly will have a chance to run will be almost a decade since she was governor of SC.

And she'll be tied to the Trump administration. That's not good.
That'll only really hurt her GE chances. Being sort of tied to Trump isn't going to be much of a factor amongst republicans. If anything it'll help her. But It isn't like she's been a massive supporter or quoted defending his "some good nazi's" comments, in case there is some future Trump regret.

Also I don't even think her connection is that terrible because someone had to fill the position. Even Gillibrand voted to confirm her after voting against literally every other cabinet position. She seems to have navigated this fine without doing or saying anything anything that platoon her future ambitions

jtb

Banned
Kasich is white and male, so let's not pretend like those don't give him an enormous leg-up over Haley with the GOP electorate. He's at the epicenter of an enormous political shift in the country. He also never cowed to Trump, which will be significant - since the only way Kasich will even have a shot in the first place is if the anti-Trump backlash is in full swing.

Haley wants to have it both ways, and will get neither.

I'd say Kasich has... 5% chance of being the 2020 GOP nominee. Where Haley has like <1%.

Yeah, Gillibrand, Harris and Klobuchar don't have the same problems Clinton did. Maybe some elements (Gillibrand being too close to Wall Street, Klobuchar not being super charismatic) but those are pretty generic concerns compared to someone who's been in the public spotlight for thirty years and was known to be involved in scandals (whether voluntarily or not).

It's the same mistake as "we need another Obama" aka 95% of what's driving Booker's support.

They'll make something up. It will stick. Liberals will find a reason to buy it & not vote.

The thing is tho, most of the current and upcoming talent in the Dem party are women. It's going to be hard for the Dems NOT to choose a woman as the party's nominee.

The candidate field is looking bad. Honestly just let Kander run. He's a young likeable white guy. People will vote for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom