• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

For my fellow election watchers, what's the chance that the Democrats and independents manage not to split the vote and we reclaim ME-02? Poliquin has never won a majority and only landed in office because the left in Maine can't seem to coalesce around one candidate.

So basically, to FOX, any random inexperienced incompetent clown could occupy the white house and try to pull of a generic agenda, but Sessions is a GOAT-tier racist worth treasuring? Nice.

Edit: Wanted to say it looks like Sessions has been designated to be the official fall guy for all things Trump, so can we settle the matter of unofficial bets from a few months ago? Flynn was the first to flip (but they have him so dead to rights that he couldn't even get a deal), which I got, but I thought Tillerson would get shoved out fastest because he has zero Trump association or history. Tillerson sees the writing on the wall, however... Getting out before things completely explode might be a good idea.

Why would you doubt that I'd support intervention to stop other genocidal dictators?

I mean, I get that sentiment if we're in 2003 talking about Saddam since the motive could be specifically revenge for the Gulf War (which in Dubya's case, was pretty correct), but yeah, I don't see anything of note about Assad. He's just a homicidal lunatic who shouldn't get free reign to perform his massacres.

Maengun1

The chair of the House Science Committee says stupid shit.
More News at 11.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewi...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I know we all know this, but they continue to be so ....exhausting. Like we're supposed to be having ~rational arguments~ with these people, but on any topic it's just... like what is the republican stance on climate change on any given day?

"it's not real"
"actually it's good"
"it's the democrats fault"
"it's not real, again"

Wilsongt

I know we all know this, but they continue to be so ....exhausting. Like we're supposed to be having ~rational arguments~ with these people, but on any topic it's just... like what is the republican stance on climate change on any given day?

"it's not real"
"actually it's good"
"it's the democrats fault"
"it's not real, again"

Won't someone think of how much easier it will be for ships fo sail with all that water?! Also, the increased CO2 is great for plants!!

Someone never learned about rate limiting...

mo60

For my fellow election watchers, what's the chance that the Democrats and independents manage not to split the vote and we reclaim ME-02? Poliquin has never won a majority and only landed in office because the left in Maine can't seem to coalesce around one candidate.

He won over 50% of the vote in ME-2 in 2016. There's a chance democrats pick up in ME-2 in a decent midterm for them but I'm not sure about that yet.

Two things today:

1. An older couple at my showing of Dunkirk threw a shit fit during the Inconvenient Sequel trailer and were essentially shouting "leftist propaganda".

2. Regarding that Democratic Populist Message thread, I get the feeling a few posters long to use the term SJW against people trying to advocate for social issues.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
1) It's worth noting the BCRA was 100% dead upon changing the requirement to 60 votes. So we can't know for sure which of these Republicans would have actually voted yes if it was a serious attempt
2) The BCRA isn't the actual attempt here, the skinny repeal or whatever is

Assume all these votes on DOA bills are tactical.

Except for McCain, he's just doing what he always does.
Don't see what's so tactical about voting for a bill that would increase the uninsured rate in your state by 300%.

Granted WV is so far right she'll probably win by 30 points in 2020 anyway. Guess she'd rather ward off a primary challenger.

Slizeezyc

Don't see what's so tactical about voting for a bill that would increase the uninsured rate in your state by 300%.

Granted WV is so far right she'll probably win by 30 points in 2020 anyway. Guess she'd rather ward off a primary challenger.

I think that point you made at the end is the general way to think about it, at least for me.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I thought McCain literally said mere hours ago he wouldn't vote yes for the bill in its current state....
I shouldn't be surprised.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Yeah, just wondering what exactly they are voting on. Just like... little information anywhere on this.

The current bill on the Senate floor is the House's AHCA. This vote right now is an amendment to change the bill to the BCRA (the Senate's original bill). It just failed. Later this week McConnell will unveil his own amendment which will be the actual bill he wants to pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom