• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's pretty obvious Melania doesn't pay attention to any of this shit and is just in it for the money.

Or maybe she's just as evil as the rest of them, idk.

Yet when the shit clears, she only has to play the poor beleaguered wife card and the Compassionate Moderates on this forum will rush to defend her and Beautiful White Moderating Influence Ivanka.

Zolo

I don't really have an opinion on Melania. She hasn't really done much of anything other than being married to Trump. Ivanka has thrown herself head first into the administration though, so she can stand in the shit with the rest of them.

sangreal

I don't really have an opinion on Melania. She hasn't really done much of anything other than being married to Trump. Ivanka has thrown herself head first into the administration though, so she can stand in the shit with the rest of them.

Not doing anything makes it easy to like (or not care about) her but it also makes her a pretty shitty modern first lady

Sabato made some ratings changes. All of them but one favor the Democrats:

KDK2017072701-table1.png

The exception is Rosen's now-open seat, which goes from Lean D to Tossup.

http://www.centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/articles/house-2018-how-big-is-the-playing-field/

The article to go along with it lays out the Democrats' path to the majority best, which is to say there really isn't one. There are now 26 GOP-held seats ranked as Tossups or Lean R (and one Lean D) according to Sabato, which means if Democrats picked them all up they'd win the House. But even in 2006 and 2010, the winning party didn't pick off every target, and in the case of 06 the Democrats' margin was provided by seats like IA-2 and NH-1 that weren't considered terribly competitive early on.

Point being if there really is a Dem wave you can expect us to pick off some of the seats ranked as Likely R or even Safe R. It's way too early to determine and in a wave election there can even be surprises going into election night.

Zolo

If Dems can't win the House under a Trump Presidency after everything he's done so far, it may as well be decades before they can win the House again.

UberTag

If Dems can't win the House under a Trump Presidency after everything he's done so far, it may as well be decades before they can win the House again.
If they fail it will be a clear indictment of both the Democrats and the American people as a whole.

jtb

Banned
GOP defeated no Dem incumbents in 06. That's about as close to a clean sweep as it gets, particularly along a similarly narrow path to a majority.

pigeon

Banned

She endorsed a white supremacist for president on national television! What do you have to do to get criticized?

Let's not forget that she also defended the birther nonsense. Like the rest of them, she always has been and always will be trash.

Melania is human garbage neck deep in the takeover of our executive branch by the Russian mob aka oligarchs aka the Kremlin.

She should hang with the rest (who won't).

pigeon

Banned
What do politicians ever want besides goodies for their constituents?

Power?

Boehner retaliated against Huelskamp by removing him from the Agricultural Committee. This caused him to lose his job partly because it made it hard for Huelskamp to say he was doing specific stuff for Iowa, because Iowa cares a lot about agriculture. So there's some argument there that it hurt Iowa. But to just say "we will cut off resources to your state and your constituents will suffer because you won't vote for an unrelated bill" is not at all how politics is normally done. For example, as noted, it's literally illegal!

shem935

Banned
Power?

Boehner retaliated against Huelskamp by removing him from the Agricultural Committee. This caused him to lose his job partly because it made it hard for Huelskamp to say he was doing specific stuff for Iowa, because Iowa cares a lot about agriculture. So there's some argument there that it hurt Iowa. But to just say "we will cut off resources to your state and your constituents will suffer because you won't vote for an unrelated bill" is not at all how politics is normally done. For example, as noted, it's literally illegal!

Huelskamp was from Kansas if my knowledge of him as a resident is accurate. But yeah his loss of that committee position was a big sticking point in his re-election loss.

chadskin

@AP:
BREAKING: With future in doubt, Attorney General Jeff Sessions flies to El Salvador to talk about gang violence.

Jefferson is getting exiled.

------

On CNN New Day:
Scaramucci just now: "If Reince wants to explain he's not a leaker, let him do that."

Did this just happen?
https://twitter.com/katebolduan/status/890531040237940737

------

Scaramucci on sanctions bill: "He may decide to veto the sanctions and be tougher on the Russians than Congress."
https://twitter.com/phil_mattingly/status/890533746998423553

------

Simon & Schuster told The Associated Press on Thursday that Clinton will describe the ”intense personal experience" of being the first woman nominated by a major party for president. The publisher said the book also will ”connect the dots" about Russian interference in the election and describe what it was like to run against an unorthodox candidate.

”What Happened" is to come out Sept. 12.
https://www.apnews.com/2966d534b7034f64ab37dc9b8117904

Kusagari

Trump is such a magnanimous president and person.

Giving exclusive interviews to failing companies that do nothing but attack him.

A thought occurs: remember how Adam Schiff said that if Trump fired Mueller, they would just re-hire him, and people thought that the Republicans on the committee could make that difficult? Well, Republicans have been rather vocal about their support for Sessions lately. So much so that I'm beginning to think if Trump fires Sessions, and then later fires Mueller, Schiff might have an easier time convincing Republicans to re-hire him.

I wonder how the skinny repeal is going

Haven't heard anything since the CBO score and some senators jumping ship

Also noticed Heller wasn't a hard yes, his statement gave him an out of the CBO score was bad.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
A thought occurs: remember how Adam Schiff said that if Trump fired Mueller, they would just re-hire him, and people thought that the Republicans on the committee could make that difficult? Well, Republicans have been rather vocal about their support for Sessions lately. So much so that I'm beginning to think if Trump fires Sessions, and then later fires Mueller, Schiff might have an easier time convincing Republicans to re-hire him.

Would be wonderful, but I'll still believe it when I see it. Still waiting for these spineless people to stand up to him.

Wow the Mooch interview somewhere on TV sounds like a train wreck

Ah CNN (again?)

It's like he's trying to one-up Trump's crazy tweets. Take a gander at some of these quotes:

"150 years ago people would have been hung for these leaks...they're treasonous"

"If Reince wants to explain that he's not a leaker, let him do that."

"When the iceberg hits the boat...the rats come up from steerage."

"I don't know if the relationship with Reince is reparable...that's up to the President."

"He may decide to veto the sanction and be tougher on the Russians than Congress."

"They tried to keep me from West Wing...now they're trying to eject me from West Wing"

"What the president and I would like to tell everybody, we have a very, very good idea of who the senior leakers are in the White House. I've done a major amount of work over the last five days."

Wilsongt

These fuckers and talking heads are going to keep playing up the repeal of the ACA as a win for the American people and as soon as it all starts crashing down they will start blaming Obama for medding with the "free market" in the first place and causing all the choas.

Pyrokai

Or until redistricting happens in 2022

Isn't SCOTUS hearing the case on this later this year? If they rule against partisan gerrymandering, they could possibly order them to be redrawn earlier than that.

And I might be wrong, but isn't that exactly what happened in North Carolina? Maybe I'm talking out of my ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom