• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangreal

(they're gonna vote for the bill)

I don't mean w/r/t Healthcare or any other specific bill

Regardless, Murkowski will have the last laugh. Trump will get bored of Zinke soon enough

Murkowski chairs the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee and has used the position to drive home Alaska priorities, particularly with Interior nominees. She oversees the confirmation process for the Interior Department.

On Wednesday, a committee hearing on nominations to the Interior and Energy departments was postponed indefinitely. A reason was not posted.

How stupid do you have to be to try and use the department she oversees against her?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
does this question even matter anymore.

like I don't know why we're pretending we have a rule of law anymore.

(they're gonna vote for the bill)

Well, there is only so many Congressmen, Trump will eventually alienate a super majority of them. The prospect of installing Ryan as the new President has to be looking better by the day for the Republicans (They just need to find something to Impeach Mike Pence over first)

Damn, Moderate Darlings be catching heat. I bet they secretly want Obama back, too. Who wouldn't long for the days when they could take meaningless votes and look enlightened and bipartisan because they knew it wouldn't matter?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well, there is only so many Congressmen, Trump will eventually alienate a super majority of them. The prospect of installing Ryan as the new President has to be looking better by the day for the Republicans (They just need to find something to Impeach Mike Pence over first)

Odds are Pence is involved in Russia somehow, remember how he knew about Flynn?

Zolo

GOP vs Trump
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Damn, Moderate Darlings be catching heat. I bet they secretly want Obama back, too. Who wouldn't long for the days when they could take meaningless votes and look enlightened and bipartisan because they knew it wouldn't matter?
Every time you use that word, it's like nails on the chalkboard for me. So corny.

GOP vs Trump
giphy-downsized-large.gif
You know, it was already GOP vs. Trump. For a year. Until he won the primary and then they attached their political careers and conservative ambitions to his presidency. And then he won. And here we are and they can't do what they were going to do. It's extremely embarrassing and I don't blame Trump at all for what he's doing.
It's meant to evoke images of corny beauty pageants: "And now, straight from Wilmington, here's Delware's Darling Darla Dimples!"
I'll let it slide because your Murkowski avatar is still roflcopter.

Trying to take obamacare debates down to a state level is not a good idea, since it's typically very popular once you actually explain the thing to people. Anger has survived this long based on broad, national ignorance. The governors know what's up. Anyone taken off medicaid would instantly look at them for help.
How stupid do you have to be to try and use the department she oversees against her?
Do you really need an answer to this question at this point? This administration just announced it was feeding one of its own to the FBI for leaking a non-classified document.

If Republicans really want to retain the Nevada seat, at some point they may just dump Heller and try to run Sandoval.

Sadly for whyamihere, even Jacky Godsen probably couldn't beat him. The Democrats could just run Dina Titus as the sacrificial lamb.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Odds are Pence is involved in Russia somehow, remember how he knew about Flynn?

Yep, but they need something more solid. They could impeach Trump right now for his obstruction of justice and violation of the emoluments clause, but impeaching Pense is too difficult to sell to the public right now. When they are ready to remove the Trump Tumor though, they need to get rid of the whole thing from the White House at once to minimize fallout (What's worse for party image than one disgraced President? Two disgraced Presidents)

I am likely just in denial about the GOP, believing the party's leaders are sane actors with political clout, and not that the party is a coalition of incompatible groups that have no actual leadership anymore.

And maybe that fucker Don Young will finally lose. He got just over 50% of the vote last time, but, like Maine, Democrats and independents always split the rest of the vote in Alaska.

jtb

Banned
If Republicans really want to retain the Nevada seat, at some point they may just dump Heller and try to run Sandoval.

Sadly for whyamihere, even Jacky Godsen probably couldn't beat him. The Democrats could just run Dina Titus as the sacrificial lamb.

This thought did cross my mind...

It's very possible Heller doesn't even bother running for re-election because he's too lazy to raise money just to lose (pulling the 'Evan Bayh 2010' manuever), opening the door for a non-moribund candidate like Sandoval who is itching for a national profile.

Sandoval, now there would be a moderate darling in every sense of the word.

chadskin

Russian intelligence agents attempted to spy on President Emmanuel Macron's election campaign earlier this year by creating phony Facebook personas, according to a U.S. congressman and two other people briefed on the effort.

About two dozen Facebook accounts were created to conduct surveillance on Macron campaign officials and others close to the centrist former financier as he sought to defeat far-right nationalist Marine Le Pen and other opponents in the two-round election, the sources said.
Facebook confirmed to Reuters that it had detected spying accounts in France and deactivated them. It credited a combination of improved automated detection and stepped-up human efforts to find sophisticated attacks.
The spying campaign included Russian agents posing as friends of friends of Macron associates and trying to glean personal information from them, according to the U.S. congressman and two others briefed on the matter.

Facebook employees noticed the efforts during the first round of the presidential election and traced them to tools used in the past by Russia’s GRU military intelligence unit, said the people, who spoke on condition they not be named because they were discussing sensitive government and private intelligence.

Facebook told American officials that it did not believe the spies burrowed deep enough to get the targets to download malicious software or give away their login information, which they believe may have been the goal of the operation.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-cyber-france-facebook-spies-exclusive-idUSKBN1AC0EI

Interesting that Facebook employees were able to detect these Russian efforts.

UberTag

Yeah. Trump's becoming increasingly unhinged. This would be a good time for congress to impeach him before he starts making too many harmful decisions, but hey. Gotta put party over country.
Not sure where the line is for them in terms of how unprofessional he acts or how many Republicans he throws under the bus.
Would inciting a conflict with a foreign nation be the line? Probably not.

sangreal

Not sure where the line is for them in terms of how unprofessional he acts or how many Republicans he throws under the bus.
Would inciting a conflict with a foreign nation be the line? Probably not.

When he stops rubber-stamping their ultra-conservative agenda and appointments

Ernest

Banned
Yeah. Trump's becoming increasingly unhinged. This would be a good time for congress to impeach him before he starts making too many harmful decisions, but hey. Gotta put party over country.
This is what happens when the things you believe wholeheartedly turn out to be false. You don't want to accept them and you go batshit crazy.

Everything Trump "understands" about government and policy comes from Fox News, which is fuck all. So it's being slowly revealed to him that most of what he's learned from Fox is not actually the case, and he can't fucking take it, so he lashes out like this.

Slime

Banned
I mean, Republicans were completely OK with Trump suggesting his supporters commit political violence, so I doubt there's any line that would get him impeached.

The only scenario I see being too much for them is Trump getting so pissed at the GOP that he morphs into a Democrat.

40,000 votes separated Trump and Clinton in Alaska.

Do you think he's going to be enough of dick to make Alaskans say fuck you in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom