• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusagari

So basically we're at the point where the Senate realizes the bill is shit and just wants to pass it to pass something, but are scared the crazies in the House will actually make it law.

GOP certainly seems well-organized.

Blader

For months House Rs were saying they needed to pass anything and rely on the Senate to clean it up

Now Senate Rs are saying they need to pass anything and rely on the House to clean it up

WHO IS ACTUALLY IN CHARGE HERE

Zolo

As a southerner, I think the proper course of action would for Sessions to ask Trump to step outside and then challenge him to a good-ol' fashioned brawl. Not any of that gun-duel shit. Only pussies resort to that shit.

Zolo

Can't wait for it get to House where they rubber-stamp it instead of taking it to conference like the Senate may expect.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You know the sign of a strong leader? Badmouthing his Attorney General to try and get him to resign, instead of firing him or supporting him.

Also, I can't help but laugh at these political games Republican are playing, they are so transparent but they are going to work so fucking good. I can see it now, "The Republican House and Senate passed bills to repeal Obamacare [Technically true], but Democrats prevented it from going to the White House! Vote out the Democrats, so we can repeal this awful law!"

Kusagari

GOP right now =
d6a1143f571184db25f94613edd43b40af6d3a629221aba00d9efdcfef5efd84.jpg

I think they believe as long as this process keeps moving, it can't stop and eventually something will happen by accident.

They have no central leader, as it's supposed to be Trump.

This is why a president can't take a hands off approach to one of his biggest campaign promises.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I feel like they're going to pass it and then try to pass blame to each other as the election approaches.

tuffy

Who could've guessed that any health care bill capable of getting through the Senate would never make it through the House? And vice versa? It's almost as if Republicans can never agree on what to do about health care.

Kusagari

So if the skinny bill passes the Senate, but then the house and senate can't agree on anything and nothing happens...

All this will have been for nothing and nothing will change?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So if the skinny bill passes the Senate, but then the house and senate can't agree on anything and nothing happens...

All this will have been for nothing and nothing will change?

I honestly don't think anyone knows.

Rachael Bade‏Verified account
@rachaelmbade

BREAKING--House members advised on possible repeal votes: "All Members should remain flexible in their travel plans over the next few days"

So no conference LMAO so hard right now

What does this mean?

Pass skinny repeal as is

Topher Spiro‏Verified account @TopherSpiro 9m9 minutes ago

Topher Spiro Retweeted Rachael Bade
�� WOW. Paul Ryan has been LYING to Senators. They're preparing to pass skinny repeal this weekend.

Rachael Bade Retweeted Rachael Bade
2.) Option 1: House clears "skinny" as is. House Rs hate this bill like whoa. But if WH tells them to pass it, they may have no choice

Rachael Bade‏Verified account @rachaelmbade 6m6 minutes ago
3.) Option 2: Conference. House members hate this 2, honestly/are really ticked at Senate. They will need 2 vote 2 go to conference

Rachael Bade‏Verified account @rachaelmbade 5m5 minutes ago
4.) Option 3: pre-conference. Sort of like an informal conference between leaders to see if they can come up with solution.

Loxley

For months House Rs were saying they needed to pass anything and rely on the Senate to clean it up

Now Senate Rs are saying they need to pass anything and rely on the House to clean it up

Don't you pay attention to Trump's tweets?

GOD IS IN CHARGE.

Portman's statement:

Rob Portman‏Verified account
@senrobportman

I will support legislation to move this process to a House-Senate conference because I believe we need to repeal and replace Obamacare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom