• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Would be amazing if they passed a bill they all hated. Would they then campaign on, "Well, I hated the bill when we passed it?" even when they voted for it?

I detect research is being done.

Almost certain to run:

Martin O'Malley
John Delaney
Mark Zuckerberg
Kamala Harris
Joe Biden
Steve Bullock

We're at 6 candidates six months into Trump's presidency.

Mizerman

Would be amazing if they passed a bill they all hated. Would they then campaign on, "Well, I hated the bill when we passed it?" even when they voted for it?

I detect research is being done.

"We did the best we could" with a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ at the end.

Teggy

If McCain votes for this circus show he should be shamed in every possible way imaginable. Democrats should troll him from here to eternity.

If McCain votes for this circus show he should be shamed in every possible way imaginable. Democrats should troll him from here to eternity.

But then the Compassionate Moderates won't vote for them: "Look, I support Democratic policies, but that was just too much."

chadskin

berniesanders-61515-1434466786.jpeg
(-:

I feel that Biden vs. Harris would stretch quite a bit into the primary season.

Yeah that's actually an interesting natch up. It honestly would depend on who else is running late though. Gillibrand would take more Harris. I just hope to dear god someone hits the threshold and doesn't have SDs deciding

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
This is your daily reminder that if Reid and Pelosi were in charge of the republicans this would have been finished weeks ago.

Almost certain to run:

Martin O'Malley
John Delaney
Mark Zuckerberg
Kamala Harris
Joe Biden
Steve Bullock

We're at 6 candidates six months into Trump's presidency.
Can't wait to see 36+/- candidates on the dem primary debate stage.

Blader

Gillibrand is no longer a lock?

I think she's pretty likely to run, but, like Sherrod Brown, has to run for re-election in '18 first and that may preclude them from running in 2020 (if, for instance, either or both of them calculate that they need to pledge not to run for president to help their Senate re-election campaigns). That seems like it'd be more of an issue for Brown than Gillibrand, though.

Priebus about to be shown the door (duh)

https://www.buzzfeed.com/adriancarr...s-are-numbered?utm_term=.gvEJr60ab#.ryr2vOylM

Just in the last 24 hours, new White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci has all but accused Priebus of being the source of leaks that damage the administration and infuriate the president. White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders declined to publicly express confidence in the chief of staff during Thursday's press briefing. And instead of defending Priebus, senior White House officials now tell BuzzFeed News that Priebus' days appear to be numbered.

Privately, Kellyanne Conway, counselor to the president, has told people that Priebus is "gone" and that he is trying to figure out his next steps, a source with knowledge said. Her message is that White House staffers who had come from the Republican National Committee, which Preibus ran before being named chief of staff, are out and the administration is "going back to Trump loyalists."

jtb

Banned
I wouldn't want to run for Senate under the GOP banner this cycle. Sandoval's better off waiting to challenge later.

Four years is a long time, though. Better to strike when the iron is hot when your stock is highest, rather than wait for an ideal environment that may never come (particularly if you think that NV is trending bluer). Almost always compete for an open seat than challenge an incumbent, too.

I mean, hope Heller sticks in! But we'll see.

Good god. How many times did they have him on?

Wait, what?

Podesta is a great, interesting guest to have on. And he's never been on the show before, as far as I can remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom