• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no plan for a conference.

@rachaelmbade

BREAKING--House members advised on possible repeal votes: "All Members should remain flexible in their travel plans over the next few days"

xRNW9Uf.png

Kusagari

It sounds like Ryan is directly calling McConnell's bluff here.

He doesn't want to put up with this shit again. If we get something from you we're passing it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Agree with the sentiment that House will pass anything Senate throws them. Trump pressured them all to get something done. They're caving like spineless cowards.

Good luck in 2018!

Turtle better come up with a miracle, the entire GOP could be on the line if he fucks this up

Ftfy

Blader

If McConnell tricks a handful of Senate Rs into voting for a bill predicated on the lie that it'll go to conference, how can he possibly manage to maintain their trust after this? How is that a good long-term strategy as the leader of the Senate Republican conference?

Yep, his approvals are way too low now to be a swing voter anymore. He knows he's fucked and is just going to fall in line for the rest of his term.

If McConnell tricks a handful of Senate Rs into voting for a bill predicated on the lie that it'll go to conference, how can he possibly manage to maintain their trust after this? How is that a good long-term strategy as the leader of the Senate Republican conference?

He's not thinking long term.

Also if we know Ryan is going to pass this without a conference, the senators know.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

He can't. This is going to backfire HUGE on him because they all know how devastating voting for this bill will be in the elections. All polling shows this. He's stabbing them in the back because he wants to please Trump.

Zolo

He can't. This is going to backfire HUGE on him because they all know how devastating voting for this bill will be in the elections. All polling shows this. He's stabbing them in the back because he wants to please Trump.

I think it's more himself than Trump. McConnell's basically staked his reputation with this.

Blader

He's not thinking long term.

Also if we know Ryan is going to pass this without a conference, the senators know.

It's a good thing the vote is tomorrow, because if it were today, that wouldn't necessarily be true. Senators don't always get the news as fast as others do. Like, how many times has Ron Johnson learned about a press report while being interviewed by the press just this week?

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

Why does he want to please Trump is the big question I don't get.

Kusagari

Well we know for a fact from that earlier statement that Johnson has been left in the dark again.

Hopefully he votes no just to fuck over McConnell at this point.

Plinko

Well we know for a fact from that earlier statement that Johnson has been left in the dark again.

Hopefully he votes no just to fuck over McConnell at this point.

He'll vote for it. They'll all cave. 50+1.

UberTag

Can we get those RESIST banner guys to hang up a new banner behind the White House that says "There is no conference. The turtle is lying. You will be on the hook for this, you spineless dumbasses."

royalan

I'm actually surprised we haven't heard whispers of Senators wanting to remove McConnell yet.

Even the Senators willing to vote Yes on Mitch's legislation seem like they'd rather be on something else if he just moved the fuck on. And he can't have many friends the way he's jerking Republicans around right now.

Mitch would make a pretty convenient scapegoat right about now...

kirblar

I'm actually surprised we haven't heard whispers of Senators wanting to remove McConnell yet.

Even the Senators willing to vote Yes on Mitch's legislation seem like they'd rather be on something else if he just moved the fuck on. And he can't have many friends the way he's jerking Republicans around right now.
Because just like w/ Boehner, no one actually wants the job.

Senators are literally being tricked to vote on something they never wanted passed

I can't believe McConnell has gotten to this point where he's tricking his own senators to vote on something by making promises he knows aren't true. That's a pretty new low for someone who was already rock bottom awful.

Why does he want to please Trump is the big question I don't get.

McConnell finally is in the position to create things and pass bills instead of obstructing Obama for a living. It pains his twisted black ego to let the world see what a fraud he is, now that it's revealed his only skill is being an asshole.if he can't asshole a trumpcare bill into existence, he's nothing

Again, if the Nevada GOP has any sense, they'll run Sandoval. Rosen couldn't beat him. The Democrats could run Dina Titus since she wants to try so damn badly.

But I hope Heller stays in the race.

I can't wait for him to be gone. I know people who voted for him hoping he'd break the Madigan stranglehold on state politics (and that would be a good thing) but he's botched it by trying to go full Walker.

He could have actually been a force for good.

Now we'll likely go back to a Dem supermajority and more kick-the-can policies.

IL is a good example of why single-party rule is vulnerable to abuse.

Senators are literally being tricked to vote on something they never wanted passed

I can't believe McConnell has gotten to this point where he's tricking his own senators to vote on something by making promises he knows aren't true. That's a pretty new low for someone who was already rock bottom awful.

To pass something that even McConnell doesn't want. This shit is hilarious, if it wasn't so tragic.

Plinko

This hasn't been true this entire process. They haven't caved. If they were going to cave for whatever, it would have passed 2 months ago.

I didn't say it was true this entire process. Trump put the pressure on them now and is calling them out via Twitter. He met with them again. He desperately needs a win. They desperately need to appear like they have accomplished something. That's my reasoning.

At least it seems like news got out early enough for senators to catch on.

I totally think a lot of them knew this was the case already, but just wanted to have an excuse. But now they don't have plausible deniability. Everyone knows that a vote for this bill is a vote for this bill and not a vote for a conference.

I didn't say it was true this entire process. Trump put the pressure on them now and is calling them out via Twitter. He met with them again. He desperately needs a win. They desperately need to appear like they have accomplished something. That's my reasoning.

He's done that the entire process. Forget about the PAC he made to go against Heller?

Plinko

To pass something that even McConnell doesn't want. This shit is hilarious, if it wasn't so tragic.

I'm not necessarily sure this is true. I think he is reveling in the fact that he's about to repeal the mandate.

He's done that the entire process

He backed off until recently. Besides, the bill was continued to be pushed to this point repeatedly, long after many people continued to say "It's dead! It's dead!"

That PAC went after them, but Trump didn't necessarily publicly shame these guys.

Kusagari

I totally think a lot of them knew this was the case already, but just wanted to have an excuse. But now they don't have plausible deniability. Everyone knows that a vote for this bill is a vote for this bill and not a vote for a conference.

If he's telling people though then I don't understand why he keeps excluding Johnson. Johnson would probably sign on to whatever he wants if the turtle would just fucking keep him in the loop.

jtb

Banned
Again, if the Nevada GOP has any sense, they'll run Sandoval. Rosen couldn't beat him. The Democrats could run Dina Titus since she wants to try so damn badly.

But I hope Heller stays in the race.

Is Sandoval term limited?

It makes too much sense...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom