• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what are the estimates for a "skinny" repeal(i.e: only removing individual mandate)?
How many without insurance by when?
and how high are premiums going up?

Also it seems like a skinny repeal is the most reversible of GOP plans. Obviously in the situation this is passed Dems won't simply just add the mandate again and will most likely include at least a public option if not moving towards single payer.

Zolo

So what are the estimates for a "skinny" repeal(i.e: only removing individual mandate)?

Also it seems like a skinny repeal is the most reversible of GOP plans. Obviously in the situation this is passed Dems won't simply just add the mandate again and will most likely include at least a public option if not moving towards single payer.

The repeal being skinny was a lie to make it easier to advertise and easier to vote on.

16+ million uninsured and 20% increases in premiums within a year was the original estimate for just repealing the mandate. With the other changes, it's likely much higher now.

Holmes

xzuBd5d.gif
Ahh I've been looking for this gif. Thank you

We don't know yet because the skinny morphed into bizarro BCRA. CBO score won't be coming until maybe midnight tonight.

Dierce

Fucking republicans know that they won't face any repercussions. Their fanatics will die for their ideals, even if it's because of it.

At this point the only political disadvantage republicans face is undoing the ACA which leads to the premature deaths of hundreds of thousands or rural people over time. And that will only be because they won't be around to vote republican.

Dems working to Byrd Bath it right now. The more unpalatable they make it to the HFC the better the chance this actually goes to conference.

I cannot wait to pass single payer on a 50+1 vote and Republican will cry and guess what I don't give a single flying fuck you murderous assholes.

I cannot wait to pass single payer on a 50+1 vote and Republican will cry and guess what I don't give a single flying fuck you murderous assholes.
Yuuuuuup.

And I hope McCain and McConnell live long enough to see it.

Scratch that I hope they die and are replaced by Democrats.

her and capito released a joint statement saying they made their decision and "we would have to wait to find out"

Not sounding great.
Unless they're Thelma and Louising this, then fuck them.

Zyae

PERRY BACON JR. 10:37 PM
The silence in the last 30 minutes from Heller, Moran and McCain — folks who have been more critical of the Obamacare repeal push — is telling. I just don’t see members who have not signaled opposition in the last few hours suddenly voting against this. I assume the leadership has some sense that they have 50 votes. They are acting confident.

Not looking good.

This is such a microcosm of what's wrong with American democracy, specifically what happened last year.

Hey man, I voted for Trump/Stein/Johnson/didn't vote, but you can't blame me for when shit goes wrong! It's all Hillary's fault, damn it! She didn't give me enough reasons not to drive us off the cliff!

This will hurt in 2018, 2020, and 2022. They will pay.
Pessimist in me is going to say "but we'll pass single-payer and voters will go GOP in 2022" but fuck that, not again. I will drive every lazy dumbshit college student to the polls myself if I have to. Assuming President Pigeon doesn't ban cars by then.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder when the last time, if ever, there was a bill that the congress and senate openly admits was a bad idea to pass as they vote yes on passing it, on hopes it'll be fixed down the line.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
If McCain is the one who somehow prevents this from passing, I'll be eating so much crow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom