• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know how a smart conservative wouldn't be terrified of this turning into Single payer down the road. They already can't figure out what to sell for a private market solution. And it's not like it's going to get easier after they blow up the entire private insurance market, owning it as a republican party and rhetorically destroying the only private insurance solution that made sense.

Personally, I prefer a public option, but republicans are likely to shift the country left of even that if they fail the private insurance markets this badly.

CBO SCORE LEAKED

DFylBedXgAAERmj.jpg:large

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, reading the bill text directly, I'm seeing a bunch of taxes cut, and a ban on planned parenthood funding. What does the section that just stikes a bunch of paragraphs impact?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
16 mil uninsured per CBO and premiums up 20%. So what we expected.

This is literally like diving in front of a train for Trump.

For every GOP politician on the ballot in 2018, actually. There is absolutely nothing to cling to as a "victory" here. Premiums rise, health care costs rise, and nothing gets better.

Literally the only positive for consumers is a $2250 increase in maximum for HSAs, but that only benefits a select few. Most people don't have money to put in these.

For every GOP politician on the ballot in 2018, actually. There is absolutely nothing to cling to as a "victory" here. Premiums rise, healthncare costs rise, and nothing gets better.
Yeah. It's the complete antithesis of anything that he promised.

This is fucking ridiculous. What are they accomplishing? Spitting on Obama's legacy? Obama is going to look like Lincoln compared to this fuckstick.

pigeon

Banned
yeah that's what I figured but I was hoping for at least a basic general prediction.

Like literally there's a version of single payer where everybody gets Medicare if they want it and there's another version where the government hires all the doctors. Those are gonna have pretty different outcomes in terms of cost and result.

Yeah. It's the complete antithesis of anything that he promised.

This is fucking ridiculous. What are they accomplishing? Spitting on Obama's legacy? Obama is going to look like Lincoln compared to this fuckstick.
Any improvements in the healthcare system going forward are still going to have Obama credited as getting the ball rolling, so they're not even harming his legacy.

They're just punishing the country for daring to elect a black liberal

Zolo

So what was that whole 'conference' with the few senators about? Did they not even know what they were talking about?

kirblar

Like literally there's a version of single payer where everybody gets Medicare if they want it and there's another version where the government hires all the doctors. Those are gonna have pretty different outcomes in terms of cost and result.
The first is UHC w a public option. The second is single payer. (The difference is that they both get called "Medicare for all" by different people)

Again, I'm sorry about asking for the impossible lol. So, is there any predictions of the outcome of the two plans you mentioned then?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Margot Sanger-Katz @sangerkatz
If skinny bill became law, states that wanted to could probably circumvent market problems by passing their own coverage mandates.

Congrats to those who live in blue states!

pigeon

Banned
The first is UHC w a public option. The second is single payer. (The difference is that they both get called "Medicare for all" by different people)

Actually I was referring to a nationalized health system with the second one, but I think that just further emphasizes the point that the terms are too vague and overloaded.

Zolo

The Associated Press‏ @AP

BREAKING: Congressional Budget Office says 16 million more uninsured would result from GOP's pared-down health care bill.
Republican "moderates": Well, it's still the same shit, but let's vote on it differently anyway.

Plinko

Lindsay Graham said Ryan again guaranteed this wouldn't be law. Sure thing, bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom