• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
If McCain is the one who somehow prevents this from passing, I'll be eating so much crow.

Yeah, I'd march right back into that McCain thread and apologize nonstop. Otherwise..... lol. And he'll need to be the one to stop it. Not a pity no vote because they could afford him.

If McCain is the one who somehow prevents this from passing, I'll be eating so much crow.
Same. It would actually make up for the bullshit he's been preaching this week. I won't try to weasel out of it, either. I know when I'm wrong.

Perhaps McCain doesn't actually have brain cancer and was visited by the Phantom Thieves. (It's good that he seems pretty healthy this week, actually)

I like worrying a lot, so I'll add, better stop buying things for fun and enjoyment and just save save save money while your sanity and the economy drop.

So it gets past the senate and what we're worried about is that McConnell and Paul lied to his senators and never intended to take it to conference right?

Sciz

All this does is blow up the ACA, which was their stated fallback plan if they couldn't pass anything at all. But now they're all going to be directly on the hook for causing it to happen, instead of just undermining the market through uncertainty and spinning the results as the law's own fault.

These people are so goddamned stupid.

All this does is blow up the ACA, which was their stated fallback plan if they couldn't pass anything at all. But now they're all going to be directly on the hook for causing it to happen, instead of just undermining the market through uncertainty and spinning the results as the law's own fault.

Yeah if this disaster passes I need Trump to do an even bigger celebration in the Rose Garden and talk shit like they solved it. Stuff that will be run endlessly the next 4 years.

Dierce

They are riding on the bigot train. From here on, republicans will run the most hate filled presidential campaigns imaginable to get elected. White racist will keep coming out in droves, unless the lack of healthcare kills them first.

Kusagari

There is no reason to believe in the conference plan at this point.

This is no longer the skinny bill we kept hearing about. This is clearly a bill designed to pass the house.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

I guess if they were smart, they wouldn't have such a dumb ideology and policy goals.

Why would we think the party of climate change denial is going to be secretly smart behind closed doors.

This is no longer the skinny bill we kept hearing about. This is clearly a bill designed to pass the house.

Oh yeah no I definitely agree I'm just trying to figure out what the rational is behind a bunch of senators saying they'll fix it in a committee and then there...being no committee.

This is where I am standing also. How many of the GOP that voted for the house bill not vote for this?

The entire country rests on the word of Paul Ryan who wants to see it all burn.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
8 year lockout on ACA waivers somehow got past the parliamentarian. Insanity. Red states are going to be disaser zones for health care in short order.

RDreamer

Yeah this is pretty nuts. They could arguably pass the blame if they did some things in the background, but passing an actual "repeal" bill that completely fucks everything is going to be a real problem to pass the buck on. They own this if it goes through.

Zolo

Oh yeah no I definitely agree I'm just trying to figure out what the rational is behind a bunch of senators saying they'll fix it in a committee and then there...being no committee.

Yeah. Are we acting like McCain and the others didn't see the bill when they made their decision? They've been trying to look for excuses on why to pass it.

Edit: Or not! McCain stuck to his word! Fuck yeah! Never more happy to be horribly wrong!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
As I said earlier: they'll all cave to Trump. Is is on him. He wouldn't let it go, he threatened them, and they caved.

Loudninja

Yeah this is pretty nuts. They could arguably pass the blame if they did some things in the background, but passing an actual "repeal" bill that completely fucks everything is going to be a real problem to pass the buck on. They own this if it goes through.
I have no idea what they are doing and neither do they.

Second question. I know this is hard to answer because we don't know what exactly a single payer bill would look like, but what are the effects of single payer in the US positive and negative? ( Besides everyone being covered of course).

How many jobs are created/ lost?
How much will it cost in taxes?

Again I know it is difficult to answer but at least a general idea would be nice. Thanks

Plinko

But they increased the amount you can add to a Health Savings Account by $2250! WE ARE SAVED!

Idiots. I guarantee they are going to act like this is a huge win for everyone and even pretend it is during the run up to the election.

Aghhhh this is going to come down right to the wire. I think it, or something, will pass, but I honestly don't know what will happen after that re: committee or no.

pigeon

Banned
Second question. I know this is hard to answer because we don't know what exactly a single payer bill would look like, but what are the effects of single payer in the US positive and negative? ( Besides everyone being covered of course).

How many jobs are created/ lost?
How much will it cost in taxes?

Again I know it is difficult to answer but at least a general idea would be nice. Thanks

Completely impossible to answer at this level of detail.

RDreamer

I have no idea what they are doing and neither do they.

I think they're caught between a rock and a hard place here, though. If they do pass a repeal it'll fuck everyone over obviously. If they don't then they get primaried and shit thrown at them for getting the chance to repeal and not actually doing it.

Loudninja

But they increased the amount you can add to a Health Savings Account by $2250! WE ARE SAVED!

Idiots. I guarantee they are going to act like this is a huge win for everyone and even pretend it is during the run up to the election.
Its a poor strategy since the repercussions of this bill will happen quickly.

He's still giving it? Was watching a periscope stream but had to switch off.

It just finished, but it was excellent. My friends are wary of Booker because of their perceptions about his associations with Big Pharma and the Kushners, but his speech had some real passion behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom