• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDG

Banned
Aw man, he just used 9/11 to set up his points about the government not being the answer to everything, and the people being able to solve problems too. Calm down, people. :lol

pxleyes

Banned
People, 9/11 DID happen. It is a valid point of contention in the right context. You have all been brainwashed by Rudy's spewing of "9/11."

TDG said:
Aw man, he just used 9/11 to set up his points about the government not being the answer to everything, and the people being able to solve problems too. Calm down, people. :lol
Yeah, and Obama bringing up 9/11 is totally unexpected.

That 9/11 reference is meant to create a defense shield against any terrorist attack or any attack on his credentials via terrorism.

Definitely of note.

damisa

Saint Gregory said:
There's such a wide disparity between men and women sometimes during McCain's answers. Why is that?

basically, women are more likely to be democrat than men. men vs women is stupid, they should have it as D,R,I

Trakdown

pxleyes said:
People, 9/11 DID happen. It is a valid point of contention in the right context. You have all been brainwashed by Rudy's spewing of "9/11."

Good context=Leadership failed us. (Obama)
Bad Context=WE ALL GONNA DIE (Bush, Giuliani, etc.)

Feep

Banned
damisa said:
basically, women are more likely to be democrat than men. men vs women is stupid, they should have it as D,R,I
They're all undecided, which means they're probably 90% I.

Trurl

Banned
PantherLotus said:
who said it was about race?
Solideliquid said "So did McCain just tell a black man 'I bet before this you didn't even know what Fannie and Freddie are..."'

Using the indefinite article "a" makes me think that his objection was that he said it to a black man, instead of just pointing out who he said it to with "the black man."

Maybe I read too much into definite and indefinite articles. :lol
But I thought it sounded very much like his objection had to do with race.

Amir0x

Banned
Whatever the case, all Obama needs to do is keep this par. There hasn't been a gamechanger yet, though I'd say this is definitely his weakest performance. Needs to go stronger on the specifics here, and challenge McCain a little more on his attacks.

McCain is on point tonight, no doubt. Strong showing so far.

Haunted

Obama invoked 9/11 first!?

giuliani_0605-741178.jpg

"oh no you din't"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom