• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ImperialConquest said:
Oh WHAT THE F*CK FAUX NEWS

Front Page Story:

Trouble at the Ballot Box

With little more than self-control stopping voters from looking over their shoulders, residents of Calais, Vt., use church pews to cast their ballots; reports of problems were widespread, including an incident in Philadelphia involving two Black Panthers blocking and intimidating voters. | REPORT VOTING PROBLEMS | PHOTOS | ON THE SCENE
Candidates Campaign in Election's Final Hours | Early Votes Could Skew Election | Voters Decide on Divisive Issues
THE STRATEGY ROOM: Brian Kilmeade Hosts FOX News' Online Political Talk Show

Lol, 2 guys? Really?

Anyway, I don't believe it really, if it was a different source, then maybe.

Also, call the cops and it's a solved issue.

2 guys.

See, this is the reason i refuse to watch foxnews or even go to their website.
Black Panthers in Philadelphia blocking voters? :lol

SUPREME1

Banned
BakedPigeon said:
I saw it on fox news live. It really did happen, and they did call the cops. You should probably stop assuming things that you dont know.

Never said it didn't happen. I said I'd probably accept it if it was form a different source.

Then I went on to say that it wasn't really front page worthy, 2 guys which were removed.

FRONT PAGE? REALLY?

Lolz, you saw it live? You watch FOXNEWS.... :lol

Oh my.

Zeliard

SpeedingUptoStop said:
guys

GUYS

I AM SO FUCKING PUMPED ON HOPIUM RIGHT NOW

Tonight is going to be epic. Live Daily Show, too, featuring Colbert.

Haha, I didn't realize that they're having a Daily Show/Colbert marathon on Comedy Central today.

Tamanon

Banned
theviolenthero said:

If anything, I'd guess they were there as a sort of anti-suppression protection.:lol

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
PhoenixDark said:
I'M PHOENIX DARK AND YOU NEED TO KNOW LOUIS FARAKKKHAN AND BILL AYERS VOTE AT THE SAME POLLING BOOTH AS BARRAK OBAMA
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM LIVING IN THE SAME AREA.

AT ALL.

IT'S THE TERRORIST SECTOR OF CHICAGO, BELIEVE IT FAIR AND BALANCED

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
theviolenthero said:

This is the network that ran hardcore with d girl.

Zeliard said:
Is this some nation-wide Starbucks thing, or just select ones?
Nationwide . . . BUT WAIT . . . THERE'S MORE!

How to eat for free on Election Day

From doughnuts to chicken tenders, several food chains are rewarding voters with free meals. Here's a taste of what you'll find tomorrow.

Breakfast

* At participating Krispy Kreme locations, receive a free star-shaped doughnut in celebration of Election Day. Customers must present an "I Voted" sticker to receive their free doughnut.
* Need coffee with that doughnut? Head to Starbucks and say "I voted" for a free 12-oz. cup of brewed coffee.
* Not a Starbucks fan? BooksAMillion.com is also offering a free cup of coffee to voters.
* Eat'n Park restaurants in PA, OH, and WV will also serve a free cup of coffee to voters who present their "I Voted" sticker.

Lunch

* At participating Chick-fil-A restaurants, voters with an "I Voted" sticker will get a free Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich.
* Taco fans can march over to California Tortilla where they'll get a free taco upon presenting their "I Voted" sticker.

Dinner

* Afraid your candidate might lose? Daily Grill is extending their happy hour prices on drinks and food until closing on November 4. Plus, get a free happy hour appetizer after presenting an "I Voted" sticker or ballot stub.
* After finishing your appetizer, head to Shane's Rib Shack where your sticker will get you a free Vote America Meal, consisting of hand-breaded chicken tenders, fries, and a 20-ounce drink.
* Now that you've had dinner, it's time for dessert. Head to participating Ben & Jerry's from 5pm to 8pm local time for a free scoop of ice cream.

http://dealnews.com/features/How-to-eat-for-free-on-Election-Day/259259.html

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
AstroLad said:
I have to say Fox is being consistent here. They were all over the widespread voter intimidation in the 2000 election--went on about it for weeks, had specials about it etc. And yeah these two alleged guys seem to be a similar deal. For shame Dumbocrats. Those two guys will probably be given positions in Obama's cabinet now though judging by the negativity from the campaign.
What the fuck is this bullshit?

Holy shit at that poll!

Well, everyone in my family is voting for Obama and I even had a couple of relatives call me up to make sure I voted already (absentee ballot). I just presented my Retailing Management presentation, bought some beer on the way home and am now counting down the minutes until we get to witness something special. :D

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Count Dookkake said:
As it is worded there is no lie. Obama supporters are being urged to vote on Wednesday. This is a truthful statement.

It's dirty, but it is true.

I guess it hinges on what exactly 'misleading' can be stretched to accomodate.
Do you understand the defintion of the word "lie"?

Count Dookkake said:
I guess it hinges on what exactly 'misleading' can be stretched to accomodate.

No, it hinges on whether someone can correctly interpret English words, or whether they're playing bullshit little semantic games with easily understood words like "misleading."

pizzaguysrevenge said:
I know that, but Obama is way on the Israeli side of the debate. He doesn't believe in any two state solution unless Jerusalem goes, undivided, to Israel.

That's a much worse stance than Bill Clinton had.
Bill Clinton didn't run in the post 9/11 America.

KingGondo

Banned
Goreomedy said:
And +1 for Obama in Oklahoma. :D

Welp, guess my vote's cancelled out!

Damn you, Goreomedy. Damn you. :mad:

Main reason I voted McCain is to avoid Democratic domination in 2/3 branches of gov't...I trust Obama to a degree, but I don't believe for a second that he won't go along with the harebrained ideas of Pelosi, Frank, and Murtha.

Zeliard

speculawyer said:
Nationwide . . . BUT WAIT . . . THERE'S MORE!

How to eat for free on Election Day

From doughnuts to chicken tenders, several food chains are rewarding voters with free meals. Here's a taste of what you'll find tomorrow.

Breakfast

* At participating Krispy Kreme locations, receive a free star-shaped doughnut in celebration of Election Day. Customers must present an "I Voted" sticker to receive their free doughnut.
* Need coffee with that doughnut? Head to Starbucks and say "I voted" for a free 12-oz. cup of brewed coffee.
* Not a Starbucks fan? BooksAMillion.com is also offering a free cup of coffee to voters.
* Eat'n Park restaurants in PA, OH, and WV will also serve a free cup of coffee to voters who present their "I Voted" sticker.

Lunch

* At participating Chick-fil-A restaurants, voters with an "I Voted" sticker will get a free Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich.
* Taco fans can march over to California Tortilla where they'll get a free taco upon presenting their "I Voted" sticker.

Dinner

* Afraid your candidate might lose? Daily Grill is extending their happy hour prices on drinks and food until closing on November 4. Plus, get a free happy hour appetizer after presenting an "I Voted" sticker or ballot stub.
* After finishing your appetizer, head to Shane's Rib Shack where your sticker will get you a free Vote America Meal, consisting of hand-breaded chicken tenders, fries, and a 20-ounce drink.
* Now that you've had dinner, it's time for dessert. Head to participating Ben & Jerry's from 5pm to 8pm local time for a free scoop of ice cream.

http://dealnews.com/features/How-to-eat-for-free-on-Election-Day/259259.html

Awesome.

And wait, for Starbucks, you just have to say you voted? :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
grandjedi6 said:
Do you understand the defintion of the word "lie"?

Under 29 USC 594, I think the problem is with the "intimidate, threaten, [or] coerce" requirement. There may be applicable state laws though.

speculawyer said:
Yeah . . . the only times I've been in a church in the last several years have been to vote or to volunteer for some civic projects.

I was in & out of my polling station in 20 minutes . . . and that is after having stood in the wrong line for 13 minutes or so since some high-school kid directed me to the wrong line!

The poll workers are a mix of high-school kids and retired folk . . . it is nice to see them working together. One of the old guys wanted to take a break. . .
Young poll worker kid: "Go for it, dude."
Old poll worker: Quizzical look
Young poll worker: Yes, take a break, I'll cover for you. :lol

Yeah, you described it pretty accurately. Mine had a few old ladies and some younger people as well. That church needs air conditioning though, hot as hell in there.(no pun intended) By the way, I'm from California.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Zeliard said:
Haha, I didn't realize that they're having a Daily Show/Colbert marathon on Comedy Central today.
Seriously? I'm totally watching that until 5 or so then.

Ha, they have a news ticker. :lol

reilo said:
What the fuck is this bullshit?

You don't know AstroLad do you?

AstroLad, who is in your avatar?

speculawyer said:

The two locations near me aren't participating. Jerks.

beermonkey@tehbias said:

Hey, man, you don't talk to Obama. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet-warrior in the classic sense. I mean sometimes he'll... uh... well, you'll say "hello" to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you. He won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say, "do you know that 'if' is the middle word in life? If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you"... I mean I'm no, I can't... I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's... he's a great man. I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas...

Guys, please relax. Laws hinge on semantics. I am not endorsing such behavior as these texts, only suggesting that the one posted earlier in the thread seems like it could sneak by on a technicality. That is all.

Whoever wins, it will be an exciting time.

AstroLad said:
Under 29 USC 594, I think the problem is with the "intimidate, threaten, [or] coerce" requirement. There may be applicable state laws though.

Thanks, I think. Never quite certain with you. :D

+1 for Obama here in Madison, WI

Registered early too. Checked the website, everything looks good. I show up, they dont have me listed. So I had to go back home, get a copy of my lease, then go back, register and vote.

On my way back to work, I saw a plane with a banner ad telling people to vote for Obama with the Obama signal on it.

Flo_Evans

Tamanon said:
I'm sure FOX also reported on the cops circling the polling station in the black precinct of St Louis. Or the various reports of students being told they would lose their tuition status by voting in Virginia.

What so that was really a voter suppression tactic!?

I saw about 20 cops driving by the polling place as I left, but figured they where going to the cops funeral that recently died...

Barrett2

Flo_Evans said:

I saw about 20 cops driving by the polling place as I left, but figured they where going to the cops funeral that recently died...

The GOP hires off-duty cops to drive around and hang out at urban (ie: black) polling places, to discourage people from showing up.

Tamanon

Banned
Flo_Evans said:

I dunno if it was, I was just referencing all the weird shit going on:p It was more likely to be voter suppression than Black Panthers in Philly.:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom