• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyzyxxz

dang this wait is killing me. Kinda a good thing being in California though, at least we are only waiting on ourselves instead of waiting on another state.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
TheKingsCrown said:
Wait, wasn't INdiana shown in polls to be a McCain state? I know its important as determinant, but keep expectations in line guys lol
No...it wasn't actually.

It ended at roughly 50/50, but teetered towards McCain slightly on the last day of polling. It could very well go blue.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Kildace said:
Is there a live stream for CNN? I want to see the holograms :(
No official live stream for CNN, but MSNBC has one and they have holodeck.

C-SPAN1 (Direct Link) | C-SPAN2 (Direct Link) | C-SPAN McCain Event Election Cam | C-SPAN Obama Event Election Cam

CNN.com Live | Direct Links: Stream 1 | Stream 2 | Stream 3 | Stream 4

MSNBC (MSNBC Election Day Online coverage has started....Link is streaming live MSNBC right now!); if the link is changed or it goes down, the frontpage of MSNBC.com will have the new link posted when it goes back up.

ABC News Now (Not to be confused with ABC News)

Thanks to Baked Pigeon for the Election Cam Links

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
6bo26fm.gif

omg omg omg

segarr

Is that Senate race in Kentucky one that dems were making an effort to win in or was that a republican gimme?

I want this night to be perfect, I'm not saying super majority will happen, but I wouldn't want anything to take away from Barack being elected. I hope that the presidential enthusiasm didn't distract people from congress.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Shinz Kicker said:
someone at my work, seriously thinks obama is the anti christ... she said she is afraid of him to her very soul.

She also remarked about his "purple lips"

I used to like this lady. 2 others think he is Muslim. i laughed at them and said the rest of their arguments would be moot because of believing that. My office then sent out a company wide email wanting everyone to vote for McCain... ( isnt that illegal).
Where do you work? Or, if you don't want to be specific, what sort of work do you do?

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
BBC tv looks like it's broadcasting from 1991. awesome content but man... do they use the cardboard cutout weather graphics on their maps, too?

typhonsentra said:
Don't get excited about Kentucky guys. Lousville just reported early, that'll be the last good news of the night there.
jefferson county only went 53-47 for lunsford. hello senator re-elected mcconnell

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Carville being Carville - shitting on the 50-state strategy :lol

Some things will never change.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Kusagari said:
HOLY SHIT AT THAT LAST KENTUCKY UPDATE 9% in, Obama down by 1%

The Louisville/Lexington numbers are probably coming in. Afterwards, the western KY numbers will start coming in. Western KY is still largely rural, but not as much so as eastern KY.

Hootie

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.gif

TDG

Banned
TheKingsCrown said:
Wait, wasn't INdiana shown in polls to be a McCain state? I know its important as determinant, but keep expectations in line guys lol
No, polls have always been tight there, and many have been listing it as a battleground state.

NewLib

Banned
typhonsentra said:
Don't get excited about Kentucky guys. Lousville just reported early, that'll be the last good news of the night there.

Well Jefferson has about a 1/5 of the entire state's population.

Keylime

Pelydr said:
James Carville in HD is just scary.
100% this.

Holy shit the dude is the Crypt Keeper :lol

cilonen

Heads up PA gaffers: Regarding the Voting Machines....

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/11/4/122548/529/386/652522

If you are in Philadelphia, PA and you click the box for Obama, and then click straight Democratic ticket, it will cancel out your vote for Obama. No one is quite sure why, but it's happening . I just talked to the Obama campaign , and they are urging folks either to just vote straight Democratic ticket , or to choose each candidate individually- but not both. Please Digg and spread this piece of information to anyone widely. My understanding is there are Obama folks in Philly trying to work through this problem, but please let anyone who might be voting know as well. Sorry for the shortness of this diary , but I just wanted to get the word out there.

I'm not sure which mod timed my ban to allow me to come back on November 4th but I appreciate it (Hell, it might've been a coincidence...but I doubt that).

Keylime

Amir0x said:
so hey guys i'm preeeetty comfortable now, READY TO GO

reaaady to go.
Breathed that Hopium in deep did you?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
OBAMA TSUNAMI

OBAMANAMI

I feel kind of bad for Liddy. She's a cold, heartless, stupid failure of a person, but...she's old and I feel bad for old people. :)

good thing about the Jefferson county/Lville numbers: only 42% of the precincts have reported, and Lunsford is up 53-47. slight hope remains, especially with fayette still 100% out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom