• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
DMczaf said:
aahopu.jpg

:bow :bow

Nate is a god confirmed.

Strike

OBAMATON! My faith in humanity is slowly being restored! In 2009. We. Have. A. Black. President. That just blows my mind. This is progress...this is democracy...this is change.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
speculawyer said:
Bigotry wins, it seems. :-(

Proposition 8 Same-Sex Marriage Ban
Choice Votes %
Yes 1,930,184 54.3%
No 1,622,334 45.7%

18% of precincts reporting

Updated 11/04 9:40PM

Fuck my state.

Hootie

'tis bedtime for me GAF. It has truly been a memorable night. I hope that one day I can tell my children and grandchildren that I was alive during the time of Obama.:D

Kevtones

We've elected David Palmer. Hopefully season 2 version.

Seriously though, good speech. I haven't been completely sold on Obama but I voted for him (mainly to get a free pint). I do have some faith in him and I really appreciated his focus in tonight's speech. I hope he is able to unite this country, and I hope those unwilling to put aside their differences (on both sides) wise up, and join in this cause. Its not about being a Democrat, its about being an American.

belvedere

Junior Butler
"I'll never forget it. I had just blown up Megaton and was about to enter VATS to blow off Mr. Burke's head in slow motion. I looked at the T.V. just as CNN officially called the 2008 election for Barack Obama."

Socreges

Banned
WOW.

i just woke up. i went asleep with obama looking LIKELY to win.

but this is still incredible. :)

president-elect barack obama....... yeah.

Rur0ni

Speevy said:
As much as I would have liked for my state to join the party, Georgia wasn't even close.

:(

But I voted for the winner, so it's all good.
As many as 2 Million uncounted votes in GA right now. Early votes haven't been added.

pollo

Banned
So I live in Roxbury Mass and I heard a bunch of screaming outside. Thinking it was a bunch of people in the neighborhood, I wanted to go out and join them, and to my dissappointment it was just a bunch of disorganized NU students

NU students can't riot for shit. Embarassing.

I with I was in New York.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Rapping Granny said:
Anyone got the final results of the map?

Cnn doesn't seem to have all the states in.

still not complete

bet on

Alaska, missouri and montana staying red

indiana and north carolina going blue

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
GhaleonEB said:
How's Prop 8 going?

Looks like Franken and Tinklenberg are going to lose. Fucking Minnesota. :(
If Franken loses its entirely Barkley's fault. I can't believe the guy managed to get 16% of the vote so far :/

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
just came home from work! tried to access gaf from work, but the servers were down? Is the (assumed) epic speech online?!?! I need to see it! I'mma pop me a laphroaig and kick back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom