• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piecake

Slurpy said:
Yes, it is sickening, how she actually gets rewarded for her blatant McCarthyism. It boils my blood thinking about how people can vote her in after hearing that shit, not to mention her foaming drivel throughout the entire campaign.

The problem is is that Tinklenburg didn't respond to her bullshit attacks that called him a corrupt, and criminal politician. That, and the district just plain sucks

Piecake

AniHawk said:
Oh shit. I missed Wright County. Yeah, looks like Franken's gonna have to win big in the rest of St. Louis to get this.

Not all of Hennepin has been counted though, so i think Franken still has this

Evlar

Banned
gimmmick said:
Sorry if this was posted already. Got it from another forum from a friend.

november-4-2008.jpg
I appreciate the spirit of it but it's a little disconcerting to see Lincoln with white hair. He never had the chance to go grey.

Mar

I've been idling in these poligaf threads for months. But now I can safely say congrats to you guys, you elected the right person for the job. I honestly believe if McCain and Palin got in the rest of the world would have thrown their hands up in the air and given up on you.

AniHawk

Digital Limit said:
Oh sure, get my hopes up and then CRUSH THEM.

I hate you :lol

On the plus side, there's more of St. Louis to count than there is Wright County at this point, and St. Louis has a bigger population. I think it'll be a very slight win for Franken.

Evlar

Banned
NSBrandon said:
I posted in page 100 this morning, after having read the thread for weeks.

This is page 302?!
This thread is only two days old. The thread you read last week and the week before was retired.

HylianTom

Banned
Mar_ said:
I've been idling in these poligaf threads for months. But now I can safely say congrats to you guys, you elected the right person for the job. I honestly believe if McCain and Palin got in the rest of the world would have thrown their hands up in the air and given up on you.

Many of us here in the U.S. would've given-up on it, too.

And re: Franken: We're still waiting on 16% of St Louis County to come in. That should keep things nice and tidy for us.

Evlar said:
I appreciate the spirit of it but it's a little disconcerting to see Lincoln with white hair. He never had the chance to go grey.
Neither did Kennedy. At least they fixed the Eisenhower/Truman mixup for the big version - plus, Wilson had a beard in the miniature version!

Haunted

So Americans, must feel pretty good to not have made an ass of yourselves for once, right? :p

Obama gave a pretty good speech, too.

AniHawk

Haunted said:
So Americans, must feel pretty good to not have made an ass of yourselves for once, right? :p

His inauguration speech will be the stuff of legends.

HylianTom said:
Many of us here in the U.S. would've given-up on it, too.

And re: Franken: We're still waiting on 16% of St Louis County to come in. That should keep things nice and tidy for us.

I am really hoping he cinches it. Love his books and he shares my views.

Aaron

angelfly said:
I never actually thought we'd have that passed
Voting for it was the real reason I went to the polls, though more for a friend than my own personal use. No way MA wasn't going Obama's way.

HUELEN10

NSBrandon said:
I posted in page 100 this morning, after having read the thread for weeks.

This is page 302?!
302? It is 151!

I have said it before, and I will say it again: REAL GAFers use the 100 posts per page option.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Haunted said:

I don't know, we're kinda fucking up with the whole gay marriage thing. Plus Alaska has become the new Florida apparently.

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
Digital Limit said:
I am really hoping he cinches it. Love his books and he shares my views.
If Franken wins, he will motion to make Stuart Saves His Family required viewing for all Americans.

edit: FUCK, COLEMAN

Evlar

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
STEVENS IS GOING TO WIN. SOMEONE GET ME A GUN
It's up to Alaska if they want either a convicted criminal or an airhead as a Senator. /Shrug.

Looooove to see how successful Palin is at bringing home the bacon compared to Stevens... Or anyone else in the Senate for that matter.

JCreasy

grandjedi6 said:
STEVENS IS GOING TO WIN. SOMEONE GET ME A GUN

what is WRONG with those people

i can't believe this might end up being a path to washington for Palin

THAT is unexceptable.

stressboy

JCreasy said:
what is WRONG with those people

i can't believe this might end up being a path to washington for Palin

THAT is unexceptable.

I can't say that I am shocked. Hell at this point I would not be shocked if he was asked to stay in so that she could take his spot. I have heard the GOP in Alaska compared to organized crime.

Indigo

jiggle said:
Even if he wins, can a convicted felon even serve as a senator?

wait what?

Yes, he can serve. There is no law barring felons from serving in the senate.

As governor, she could appoint herself to his seat if the senate (they have the option of voting him out) gives him the boot. He could also possibly decide to step down after he wins the election, I think this is likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom