• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AniHawk

HylianTom said:
Not looking good. :(

(BTW.. the Fox News morning douches are on now. Should be interesting, but I'm flipping to Mourning Joe in an hour.)

Wright County, Coleman's last remaining big county, is what gave him the 2000 vote lead. St. Louis still has 16% to go. Hannepin has 1% to go.

Red Scarlet

Incognito said:
....where i've had too much alcohol and the lack of sleep is finally catching on...

PRESIDENT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA!!!!

Our GOTV today in Pueblo was absolutely phenomenal. Our volunteers showed up in droves and it was a thing of beauty to see voters 'scratched' from the list as the day went on. I went on my last canvass around 6pm Colorado time to check up on our few last remaining people who hadn't voted yet and when I knocked on their doors, they greeted with me warm enthusiasm and their "I Voted" stickers. I developed a nice rapport with my precinct and on some level, I think they didn't want to let us down. I told them yesterday and early this morning while on my first canvass run that I would be by their house every 3 hours until I see their names pass through the voter file. We truly exceeded expectations and the after party was a great finale to a grueling 13 days. I'm going to miss my little neighborhood and all the stories..

...and it's still so surreal that Obama is president-elect, now. Just an amazing day.

Even the best efforts of the GOP in Pueblo County couldn't stymie our efforts. They infiltrated our voter database and sent out thousands of robocalls last evening to Democrats over 50 telling them their polling locations had changed which led to a chaotic morning.

One of our volunteers was even assaulted by two McCain supporters on her canvass walk.

Still. President Barack Obama.

You did a superawesome job. bigthumbsup.gif

Ventron

Regulus Tera said:
"Germany, Australia or Alaska?" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Besides, it doesn't spell GAF.

Germany, Alaska or France?

I'm from Australia so I really want my country to stop bearing the brunt of this meme

Jirotrom

Mecha_Infantry said:
Sorry if old, but lol @ b Chan

untitled777.jpg
i dont get it.

HylianTom

Banned
Funky Papa said:
GAF, I need a meltdown update. Also, I'm going to make pancakes in celebration.

Huzza!

greenpanda let loose the n-bomb over and over again in one post about 10 pages ago. He blames African American voters for Prop 2 passing in California, and lashed-out to generalize an entire group of people. It was pretty disgusting.

Tonight, when I awaken: gumbo! :D

Haunted

Ventron said:
Germany, Alaska or France?

I'm from Australia so I really want my country to stop bearing the brunt of this meme
Georgia, Alaska or Florida

Then again, lots of those stories are from Australia....

Jak140

Franken should net another 27000 votes from St. Louis once the final 16% reports in if the current percentages hold there.

Red Scarlet

grandjedi6 said:
HE IS A CONVICTED FELON

ALL OF HIS COLLEAGUES DEMANDED THAT HE RETIRE IMMEDIATLY

ALL THE POLLING SHOWED AN EASY VICTORY FOR THE DEMOCRAT

THE ONLY PERSON TO DEFEND HIM IS ANOTHER CONGRESSMAN FROM ALASKA WHO IS ALSO GOING TO BE INDICTED.

HE'S A CONVICTED FELON

29ypqc8.jpg

ALASKA IS NOW THE NEW FLORIDA. All Florida jokes will now hereby be used on Alaska from now on.

How hard would it be to make a bugs bunny cutting Alaska with a saw gif?

kevm3

I'm going to miss the election and this thread. So many surprises and so many emotions. At least I can look forward to competent leadership!

Ventron

Ford Prefect said:
Stop shooting trick-or-treaters on your lawns.

I want to but I can't. Stupid gun control.
Stop forcing your useless traditions on us then maybe we wouldn't think about killing children.

Besides, it was in America that a trick-or-treater got shot. Classic "no u" example.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
I see Hillary44 hasn't bothered to update with the News that Obama has won. :lol :lol :lol

Maybe the webmaster hung himself.

Haunted

kevm3 said:
I'm going to miss the election and this thread. So many surprises and so many emotions. At least I can look forward to competent leadership!
An intelligent US president?

I almost forgot what it feels like.

Indigo

Haunted said:
A politician convicted of corruption on seven counts being re-elected is... I don't know. It's just baffling. I mean, I'm all for rehabilitation of convicted felons, but even that has limits (har har). smh Alaska. Then again, they elected Sarah Palin as their Governor so I think it's fair to say that people up there are dumb as shit.

Well... you need to understand that Alaskans have a soft spot for Stevens. He helped Alaska become a state and had a hand in writing their state constitution. The man's been in politics a really long time.

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
Ventron said:
Besides, it was in America that a trick-or-treater got shot. Classic "no u" example.
Oh shit, why was the news story posted from an Australian website? :(

God, I totally failed that thread, S.C right in the OP's quote. Honest apologies.

Haunted said:
Very true!

Yeah, just saw that, fucking ridiculous :(

I change my evaluation to two steps forward, and two steps back.
Well, at least Florida kinda got promoted sort of.

Plus, Alaska is honestly not a state that matters at all in national politics. Nobody even notices unless they are being outright idiotic on a national scale ala Palin & Stevens.

Concept17

So I've been following Poligaf for many months, but may have only posted once or twice before but I felt the need to come in and thank you guys for being the greatest election source ever. Some of you crazies who have been so passionate about the election and all your constant speculation has made me actually pay attention to politics and care about things I would never have thought twice about. Some truly awesome threads.

Thanks gaf.

Haunted

The hannity.com forums are in a state of perpetual meltdown since last night.

But there aren't enough people there to provide extended lulz.

LCGeek

formerly sane
AgentOtaku said:
Watch with my wife from time to time, and yeah shit is going to be OBAMATON! :D

If she cries or has some nervous breakdown this year will be even more perfect outside of the financial crisis.

Haunted

Indigo said:
Well... you need to understand that Alaskans have a soft spot for Stevens. He helped Alaska become a state and had a hand in writing their state constitution. The man's been in politics a really long time.
I can respect what this man has done for Alaska, but I can not understand how people can stand by him when he was convicted for corruption. That is ridiculous. The guy belongs in jail and not into the senate.

icarus-daedelus said:
Well, at least Florida kinda got promoted sort of.

Plus, Alaska is honestly not a state that matters at all in national politics. Nobody even notices unless they are being outright idiotic on a national scale ala Palin & Stevens.
True, but lets just say that it doesn't reflect favourably on the Alaskan people (well, those who voted for him, anyway), regardless of its importance in the grand scheme of things. I mean, what kind of mesage does this send?

Slurpy said:
:D

one thing i wish i did....collect all the images and GIFs and do a visual montage. gonna have to dig through EVERY SINGLE POLIGAF thread to find the gems.

POLIGAF lives yet again!!!!

Indigo

Haunted said:
I can respect what this man has done for Alaska, but I can not understand how people can stand by him when he was convicted for corruption. That is ridiculous. The guy belongs in jail and not into the senate.

True, but lets just say that it doesn't reflect favourably on the Alaskan people (well, those who voted for him, anyway), regardless of its importance in the grand scheme of things. I mean, what kind of mesage does this send?

:D

I totally agree. I think this whole mess is a good illustration of why senators should have term limits. Politics is an incredibly corrupting force, even for the best of men.

And yes, this election cycle has not reflected well on Alaskans in general.

I wonder how CNN MSNBC and FOX called it last night I do not have cable I bet the youtube links will not come before I sleep

my Tynenol PM is kicking my ass now

AniHawk

We all knew it was coming, but Barack Obama now has more votes than any other presidential candidate in history. And votes are still coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom