• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Dax01 said:
That's the highest that he's ever been!

HOPIUM RISING

1103b_bigmap.png

NC remains light blue, Missouri has become a little whiter.
1103b_mainchart.png

sooooogggggooooooddddddddddd.gif

If you had to pick a day to have the best results on 538, you would want it to be the night before the election :D

Tarazet

Amir0x said:
Hahahahahahahahah

this lady saying "I swear I am not a racist, I would have voted for ALAN KEYES

hahahhaahhahahahah

Well, I would have voted for Ron Paul. Too bad. You people fucked up. :D

man here in PA i'm getting campaign phone calls non stop. this shit is crazy.

tomarrow i'll be driving around picking up all my lazy ass friends who dont have cars and making them vote.

Flesh Into Gear said:
man here in PA i'm getting campaign phone calls non stop. this shit is crazy.

tomarrow i'll be driving around picking up all my lazy ass friends who dont have cars and making them vote.
Good man.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So is anybody else watching that SNL special tonight? For that matter I wonder how sad the networks are that this election is comign to end?

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
ezekial45 said:
How exactly accurate is the site?

It was very good during the primaries. They were the only website to get IN right, everyone else had Obama losing by 6-8 points, Nate at 538 had it about a 1 point Clinton win.

These new numbers are amazing, but I'm not going to celebrate until tomorrow. I'm so incredibly nervous. Here's hoping everything turns out as predicted. No major upsets, no surprises, nothing.

Thomper

Shard said:
So is anybody else watching that SNL special tonight? For that matter I wonder how sad the networks are that this election is comign to end?
Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart will probably be quite happy. They've been having new shows since the beginning of september, with no breaks at all, and some of the stuff they've put out these past two months has been incredible. They deserve a week's break as soon as the elections are wrapped up.

But network executives, yeah, they probably aren't happy.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Dax01 said:
That's the highest that he's ever been!

HOPIUM RISING

1103b_bigmap.png

NC remains light blue, Missouri has become a little whiter.
1103b_mainchart.png

sooooogggggooooooddddddddddd.gif

Racist.

Arrrrrrrrrgh. My internet connection was down for the whole day. I missed PoliGaf.

-Sorry to hear about Obama's grandmother.

-RCP has Obama's national average at over 7 points. :D

StoOgE said:
He would have to be in landslide territory for them to call the race before 11PM EST. They wont count CA/WA/OR/HI until the polls there actually close. So Obama would have to cross 270 before then.. it's possible but several of the landslide states (NC, GA, IN, MO, etc) are going to be close if Obama wins them, so they may not be called quick enough.

My bet is Obama is named president at 11:05.
Hence why I said earliest but think of it this way:

original.jpg

By 9pm they'll have between an hour to two hours worth of results tabulated from Florida, an hour and a half's worth in Ohio. That should be plenty of time for them to have enough results to declare in those states if Obama is ahead by 3-5 points in either of them, the real wild card is North Carolina as it's not clear when they'll start reporting results and it'll likely be ridiculously close there.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Red Scarlet said:
There you go, I have been branded.

thief.gif

thief.png
Maybe next time you'll think before you snatch! I'm sorry it had to come to this...

HOLY SHIT!

So airplanes just flew over my office building and wrote in the sky "Vote YES on Prop 8" and "Preserve family vaules YES on 8".

I live in Los Angeles and here in California Prop 8 will ban same-sex marriages. I am amazed and disgusted at the same time...

Edit: i am not an airplane...

jboldiga said:
HOLY SHIT!

So airplanes just flew over my office building and wrote in the sky "Vote YES on Prop 8" and "Preserve family vaules YES on 8".

I live in Los Angeles and here in California Prop 8 will ban same-sex marriages. I am amazed and disgusted at the same time...

Yeah, I've been seeing a TON of "Yes on 8" signs this past month. And, lo and behold, now they're advertising on Gaf.

Nabs

jboldiga said:
HOLY SHIT!

:lol

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Did Obama show up to this event? It's coming close to a half hour since the last person got off. I need to eat dinner eventually, Obama!

Socreges

Banned
so i'm in madrid right now...

i have the option of staying up from 11pm (when the first polls close) until 6/7am (when there should be a winner) at a party that would show everything and cost me about 20 Euros (~$30)

hmmmm

i think i might, instead, just go to bed early and wake up at 5am to watch CNN International (which i do have at my flat). it would suck, though, to miss all the development, all the drama, and most importantly the moment when people realize that obama is going to win. :D

NomarTyme

Jack Scofield said:
Yeah, I've been seeing a TON of "Yes on 8" signs this past month. And, lo and behold, now they're advertising on Gaf.
Me too. Especially around where I live. The " Yes" signs outnumber no sign.. 15:1.

Socreges said:

i have the option of staying up from 11pm (when the first polls close) until 6/7am (when there should be a winner) at a party that would show everything and cost me about 20 Euros (~$30)

hmmmm

i think i might, instead, just go to bed early and wake up at 5am to watch CNN International (which i do have at my flat). it would suck, though, to miss all the development, all the drama, and most importantly the moment when people realize that obama is going to win. :D
Wait, you don't live in the US?

Go to the party!

jboldiga said:
HOLY SHIT!

But it's so cloudy? How visible is it?

Also, where are you?

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Socreges said:

hmmmm

If Obama wins Fl, Georgia & Virginia right out of the gate, there won't be much drama:lol

besada

Banned
OuterWorldVoice said:
Also, the "brownnose" gags are fucking offensive, regardless of your political stripe.

I didn't mind, although I did wonder if it was a secret blackface joke.

Then I remembered it was VoG, who isn't smart enough to think that deeply. Seriously, being insulted by him is like a compliment from a normal person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom