• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
_leech_ said:
FOX :lol

2m5koxk.png

"If I wanted a comeback I would have wiped off your chin."

obama-wants-you-to-sign-up-for-obamarama.jpg

ronito said:
Reminds me of a right winger who said "If Obama wins I'm moving to Canada."

When i reminded him that they had filthy commie universal healthcare. He decided on Alaska.

If McCain wins I think I will call in sick to work the next day...

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
palin is so fucking hot. i want to just love her with all of my heart. i want to treat her to a nice dinner, then a movie, then kiss her on her beautiful lips. I just want to treat that dame right, god damn it.

Red Scarlet

dark steve said:
hammer.gif

what's this from?

I wish there was somewhere on the web I could go to find major meltdowns people collect tomorrow and the rest of this week. I can't read sites like freerepublic for very long before getting upset.

Persona 3.

segarr

What time do voting booths open in PA?

I need to get to bed soon, and want like 3 hours of sleep before I get up and head out.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Also, StoOgE got a blowjob based soley on his Obama pumpkin. Girl upstairs I never talked to knocked on the door to say how awesome my pumpkin is. 2 hours later... success!

Obama: helping nerdy white guys get some since 2008.

JCreasy

Ok I'm off to bed ya'll

Damn it's like Christmas eve in this bitch. How am I gonna sleep!?

Somebody gif my youtube clip pleeeeaaase. I gotta post that when we win.

Goodnight folks.

Opiate

I think the reason the Bradley Effect is still discussed is that it's the only possible way this election goes to McCain.

It's reasonable to state that no one has ever lost an election leading by this wide a margin since polls began to be accrued. If I'm not mistaken, no one has even come close to losing.

The only thing that could pull Obama down now is something crazy, something unknown, something unmeasurable -- like the Bradley Effect. It's the final demon of a mind trying to eliminate any doubt.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Hey guys, do you remember back in 2004 when the Republicans said to us "IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, LEAVE"?

Yeah, I remember that. That line is a bit of a keeper. I hope I'm able to use it.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
StoOgE said:
Also, StoOgE got a blowjob based soley on his Obama pumpkin. Girl upstairs I never talked to knocked on the door to say how awesome my pumpkin is. 2 hours later... success!

SO AWESOME

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
Just finished an hour of walking the streets around my campus putting little Obama/Franken flyers under car windshield wipers in the middle of the night. Best one was getting a police car that was left running by the curb (no idea where the cop was).

This time tomorrow, country... this time tomorrow...

segarr said:
I knew what you meant, I was questioning why he was PM'ing you with crazy shit like that....:D
He has a man-crush on Sean Malstrom, a guy who writes articles on business strategy and how it relates to Nintendo. Dude predicted a crushing Wii win over the HD consoles months before it became apparent to anyone else and his writing style pisses off fanboys, so he does get some props.

Thing is, Malstrom is also apparently a hardcore conservative and due to some powerful cognitive dissonance is failing to see how the same principles that helped the Wii have been effectively applied by the Obama campaign.

He basically predicted that McCain would win in a crushing victory. Apparently citing Malstrom's word as gospel (he was right about Nintendo, right?), he is convinced that not only will Obama lose, but his campaign will be remembered as one of the most ineffective in history.

Amir0x threatened to ban TheGrayGhost if he kept shilling Malstrom's site in a previous thread, so it seems he's resorted to PM to argue on behalf of his hero.

Gruco

Banned
StoOgE said:

*takes notes for 2012*

LCGeek

formerly sane
viciouskillersquirrel said:
He basically predicted that McCain would win in a crushing victory. Apparently citing Malstrom's word as gospel (he was right about Nintendo, right?), he is convinced that not only will Obama lose, but his campaign will be remembered as one of the most ineffective in history.

Anyone thinks the campaign was ineffective has no understanding of politics. Obama in one election cycle made a successful power grab at the clintons that no other democrat besides maybe dean can talk about accomplishing.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
JohnTinker said:
Still don't think its over yet.

Only poll that matters happens today, and I'm feeling good about the outcome
I understand, I spent Election Day 1996 feeling good about Dole's chances too.

Amir0x threatened to ban TheGrayGhost if he kept shilling Malstrom's site in a previous thread, so it seems he's resorted to PM to argue on behalf of his hero.

No, I'm not arguing on anyone's behalf. I honestly thought it was a worthy blog to discuss, given his track record of crazy-ass predictions which eventually prove to be true. But rules are rules, so I'm not "soliciting" any website anymore.

But you're getting me all wrong. I don't consider him to be a "hero." Not at all. I just fear what he writes may prove true.

StoOgE said:

the_zombie_luke said:
You're certainly welcome. :D I hope we'll all be clapping tomorrow.

m8kxsl.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
Ford Prefect said:
Just finished an hour of walking the streets around my campus putting little Obama/Franken flyers under car windshield wipers in the middle of the night. Best one was getting a police car that was left running by the curb (no idea where the cop was).

This time tomorrow, country... this time tomorrow...
Woo! GO Minnesota! Can't wait to vote for Obama/Franken/Tinklenberg in 5 1/2 hours!

He has a man-crush on Sean Malstrom, a guy who writes articles on business strategy and how it relates to Nintendo. Dude predicted a crushing Wii win over the HD consoles months before it became apparent to anyone else and his writing style pisses off fanboys, so he does get some props.

Thing is, Malstrom is also apparently a hardcore conservative and due to some powerful cognitive dissonance is failing to see how the same principles that helped the Wii have been effectively applied by the Obama campaign.

To be fair he mentioned he was going to do it. He sent me the link and it didn't bother me. TheGrayGhost just can't help himself. I sort of feel sorry for him. I don't think he means any harm. He just can't throttle "the fear". Off to bed I go now.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Palin talking about how basketball is in their blood now?

What happened to hockey?

obamanailing3s.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom