• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Azelover said:
You really shouldn't, if McCain wins you won't know what you'll have avoided in the candidate of Wallstreet, which BO is. In that sense a big part of me does wish Obama wins, so that people can see exactly what they were supporting, and that these sort of illusory campaigns won't repeat. On the other hand a McCain administration is far less dangerous for the world in ways you can't even imagine, and I'm a citizen of the world, so I hope McCain wins.
What hole did you crawl out of? The only internationalist allowed on this forum is me.

reilo said:
Can I get a translator up in this bitch?

Barack Obama is an evil genius who will leverage the power of the United States to take over the world.

(honestly, all the more reason to vote for him)

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Don't you DARE fuck this up, US Americans.

2mgvc60.jpg

Eight years of this horseshit, and yet the world will forgive it all if you act right tomorrow.

GET 'ER DONE

Marvie_3

Banned
mandiller said:
Alright US GAF! Make sure you get out there and vote. Please remember how the last eight years turned out. You kind of screwed us over, now you owe us.

Your sincerely

-The rest of the world.
Yes sir!

Thanks for AC/DC mate!

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
bishoptl said:
Don't you DARE fuck this up, US Americans.

2mgvc60.jpg

Eight years of this horseshit, and yet the world will forgive it all if you act right tomorrow.

GET 'ER DONE

Can I still move into your basement if things go badly?

StoOgE

You know what the best part of tommorow is?

No matter what happens we dont have to hear that fucking stupid bear DNA joke "Paternal or Criminal hur hur hur" ever again.

Azelover said:
You really shouldn't, if McCain wins you won't know what you'll have avoided in the candidate of Wallstreet, which BO is. In that sense a big part of me does wish Obama wins, so that people can see exactly what they were supporting, and that these sort of illusory campaigns won't repeat. On the other hand a McCain administration is far less dangerous for the world in ways you can't even imagine, and I'm a citizen of the world, so I hope McCain wins.

You are entitled to your opinion but I think "the world" disagrees with you.

I'm going to register and vote tomorrow (Wyoming), but my vote won't end up helping Obama. There's no way McCain will lose the electoral votes in Wyoming, and I wish we could vote directly for the president. Oh well. I'm still going to vote and at least help push up Obama's popular vote count.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
StoOgE said:
Can I still move into your basement if things go badly?
The last batch of US Americans who moved here in 2004 kept smoking Marlboros on the patio, made "iced tea" out of REAL TEA WTF, and on top of everything else couldn't pronounce the word "roof" properly. No deal. You elect McCain and I'll personally drive down to the border and start throwing bricks in the general direction of Blaine, WA.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Marvie_3

Banned
StoOgE said:
You know what the best part of tommorow is?

No matter what happens we dont have to hear that fucking stupid bear DNA joke "Paternal or Criminal hur hur hur" ever again.
Even better is that there will hopefully be no more Joe the Plumber either!!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
bishoptl said:
The last batch of US Americans who moved here in 2004 kept smoking Marlboros on the patio, made "iced tea" out of REAL TEA WTF, and on top of everything else couldn't pronounce the word "roof" properly. No deal. You elect McCain and I'll personally drive down to the border and start throwing bricks in the general direction of Blaine, WA.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
Ice Tea made out of real tea is awesome! Com'n now

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
McCain: "And I know sometimes, you will question what I am even talking about..."

Sometimes?!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
bishoptl said:
and on top of everything else couldn't pronounce the word "roof" properly.

Pronunciation is the last thing you Canadians should be bitching aboot.

reilo

bishoptl said:

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
At least we don't drink milk out of a fucking bag you freaks!

Marvie_3

Banned
I really hope McCain forgets to bring Lieberman with when he goes back to D.C. Sort of like in the movie Home Alone, only McCain doesn't go back to get him...

StoOgE

bishoptl said:

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

America can win a brick throwing challenge. We have Shaq!

We accept your Canadian challenge.

camineet

Banned
regular voting begins in:

Eastern: 3 hours
Central: 4 hours
Pacific: 6 hours

Assuming it's a landslide or at least a solid Obama win, it should be officially all over in: 16-17 hours.

"The most accurate pollster from 2004"

BD/TIPP Predicts Obama Victory by 7.2 Point Margin Over McCain

Final IBD/TIPP Tracking Poll Shows Obama Leading McCain 51.5% to 44.3%

With just hours to go before the polls open on November 4, 2008, the latest and final IBD/TIPP tracking poll shows Senator Barack Obama with a 7.2 lead over Senator John McCain (51.5%, Obama 44.3%, McCain). All other candidates garner a combined 4.2%.

The tally above represents IBD/TIPP’s final estimate after allocating undecided voters. Prior to allocating the undecided vote, Obama’s lead over McCain is 5.1 points (47.5% Obama, 42.4% McCain, while all other candidates garner 4.1%, with 6.0% undecided).

IBD/TIPP allocated undecided voters in the following way: 4.0% Obama, 1.9% McCain and 0.1% all other candidates (combined).

IBD/TIPP’s final results are based on a random nationwide survey of the voting age population, which yielded a sample of 981 likely voters. Polling was conducted November 1st to November 3rd, 2008.

The margin of error is plus or minus 3.1 percentage points at the 95% confidence level.

http://www.tipponline.com/

HUELEN10

Wow, seems the majority of GAF really like Obama (hey, I rarely go to PoliGAF! :D )! Just out of curiosity, what did the majority of GAF prefer on the last couple of elections. I may have missed it, but I have only read about half of this thread sadly.

Marvie_3

Banned
reilo said:
Wait, what? Polls open at 3am??

Looks like they realized they had to do a bunch of changes in their voter demographics.
Prett sure he means Eastern and Central Time Zone. I don't get to vote for another 5 hours...

reilo

HUELEN10 said:
Wow, seems the majority of GAF really like Obama (hey, I rarely go to PoliGAF! :D )! Just out of curiosity, what did the majority of GAF prefer on the last couple of elections. I may have missed it, but I have only read about half of this thread sadly.
Gore/Kerry, for obvious reasons.

And goddammit, we were fucking right.
camineet said:
6:00 am most places.

Obviously if you're out west, it'll be +3 more hours from eastern time.
Err, shit, it's late. For some reason I kept thinking it was 12AM EST, too.

Time for bed!

Azelover said:

neverending%203%20poster%201.jpg

StoOgE

HUELEN10 said:

Gaf = extremely liberal.

HUELEN10

reilo said:
Gore/Kerry, for obvious reasons.

And goddammit, we were fucking right.

Err, shit, it's late. For some reason I kept thinking it was 12AM EST, too.

Time for bed!
Gore was obvious, but what about Kerry again? I lived in Florida, so what the big issue was was warped here, and this is before I got into politics. Nothing wrong with not being into them, as I could not vote. That and my life was kinda fucked up... :lol

White Man

HUELEN10 said:

I was pro-Gore, but I wasn't 100% thrilled. This was the first election I really paid attention to. I liked a lot of what Gore was saying, but he seemed so homogenized and lacking in personality that it was difficult to get hyped about him.

Kerry, well, was like Gore's boringness on steroids. Coupled with my disillusionment from the previous election, my heart wasn't in this one at all. I hate to sound like a shill, but Obama has made me give a fuck about politics again, for the first time since 2000.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Azelover said:

The candidate of wall street? Well shit, someone better tell those fat cats they're about to get a hefty tax increase if he's the guy they really want.

reilo

bishoptl said:
Fuckin' warmongers!

It was good enough for baby Jesus and it's good enough for you!
There's a "But Jesus was a Jew!" joke in here somewhere.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
HUELEN10 said:
Gore was obvious, but what about Kerry again? I lived in Florida, so what the big issue was was warped here, and this is before I got into politics. Nothing wrong with not being into them, as I could not vote. That and my life was kinda fucked up... :lol
StoOgE said:
Gaf = extremely liberal.

StoOgE

HUELEN10 said:
Ah, got it. But still, Kerry was soooo boring to me, no offense.

GAF supported Howard Dean in the primaries. We wound up getting behind Kerry more because we hated Bush than because we liked Kerry.

No one likes Kerry. Kerry is bored by Kerry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom