• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Scarlet said:
Bah, I don't know how to do the "link as a tag" thing. Didn't get it figured out from Cyan's typo, either.
lol.

I'm sorry... I'm sure I couldn't figure it out either, but it's very enjoyable in a Hopium party.

:lol

in my political science class yesterday we watched a pbs documentary on Virginia as a swing-state in the election. it featured some crazy woman who was voting for McCain due merely to his "obvious faith in our lord and savior" compared to Obama, who's "mother was an atheist and who's father was, and this is much more frightening, a muslim." Afterwards we had a discussion and the teacher asked me for my opinion on this woman's comment, and I said I felt that her basis for voting is absolutely ridiculous and her fundamentalist attitude is dangerous.

before I could say anything else, some pissed off kid in front of me with a "Nobama" button on his backpack cut me off and referred to me as a "hypocritical and narrow minded liberal," and then went on to talk about how there's nothing in the constitution that calls for a separation of church and state and how he doesn't feel Obama is capable of "fighting off the terrorists." he ended it with "and your attitude, sir, is fundamentally dangerous."

I laughed at him loudly and sarcastically. the only thing that stopped me form punching him in the face was the fact that there's a good chance he's going to be very, very sad at the end of today.

but what the fuck? I live in California for christ's sake.

Arde5643

matthewhadick said:
in my political science class yesterday we watched a pbs documentary on Virginia as a swing-state in the election. it featured some crazy woman who was voting for McCain due merely to his "obvious faith in our lord and savior" compared to Obama, who's "mother was an atheist and who's father was, and this is much more frightening, a muslim." Afterwards we had a discussion and the teacher asked me for my opinion on this woman's comment, and I said I felt that her basis for voting is absolutely ridiculous and her fundamentalist attitude is dangerous.

before I could say anything else, some pissed off kid in front of me with a "Nobama" button on his backpack cut me off and referred to me as a "hypocritical and narrow minded liberal," and then went on to talk about how there's nothing in the constitution that calls for a separation of church and state and how he doesn't feel Obama is capable of "fighting off the terrorists." he ended it with "and your attitude, sir, is fundamentally dangerous."

I laughed at him loudly and sarcastically. the only thing that stopped me form punching him in the face was the fact that there's a good chance he's going to be very, very sad at the end of today.

Stupid people is crazy stupid is crazy people.

master15

On an unrelated note making my way through various TPMTV videos, my god is Bill Kristol one of the most annoying and arrogant wankers about? Very rarely does someone make my blood boil as quickly as he does with the shit he spews.

Link Man

Banned
matthewhadick said:

The FUCK?!

Marvie_3

Banned
matthewhadick said:

There are stupid people everywhere. Freedom of religion means freedom FROM religion as well...

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
matthewhadick said:

Overcompensating due to being a large minority (assuming you live in the city areas). You can see it happen on gaf too.

Shiggie

matthewhadick said:

are you in high school? your classmates sound like retards.

No, no, no. What you do in elementary school is take your half-pint carton of chocolate milk and before opening it, shake it up so it's filled with bubbles. Then open up the spout, refold it so there's only a crease, then squeeze out the bubbles and lick them up.

platypotamus said:
Oh you're no fun anymore.
Very tasty tho. When I'm let out of the lab, like for voting I always make sure to get some drinks. I like those Mojito's and Sex on the Beach. I think they're going to let me try Appletini's next time.

Still not appropriate for grade schoolers.

Cheesemeister said:
No, no, no. What you do in elementary school is take your half-pint carton of chocolate milk and before opening it, shake it up so it's filled with bubbles. Then open up the spout, refold it so there's only a crease, then squeeze out the bubbles and lick them up.
When I did that stuff... as a human boychild, I'd break the milk on the table and drink it off my shirt.

Yumy.

Shiggie said:
are you in high school? your classmates sound like retards.

close.

community college.

ashamed.jpg

Schlep

matthewhadick said:
I think a better answer might have been that everyone is entitled to their vote as a citizen of this country, but it's unfortunate that this woman has been informed with incorrect information.

Marvie_3

Banned
matthewhadick said:
but... how am I a narrow-minded liberal?

I feel dirty and... narrow. :/
Because you had the balls to question the fact that a lot of people in this country believe that this is a "christian nation"......which is total bullshit.

matthewhadick said:
close.

community college.
I had a teacher at community college in Kansas that in his spare time was a Baptist minister... preacher... whatever the fuck they're called.

Ethics class, he says about our "war against terra". "Why don't we just turn the area into glass."

Teacher, minister/looneyman/preacher.

platypotamus said:
My favorite drink. Making two jugs worth for my election night hangout.
If anything I'll end up with margarita's. But I didn't think about it til now.

Schlep

matthewhadick said:

Because you dismissed the importance of religion in this woman's life. I don't particularly care for people voting based on religious views, especially when they are misinformed, but I do respect that everyone votes based on what is important to them in a candidate.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I am in IRC, I dunno how late I can stay up, but there's no doubt in my mind that I will be getting zero sleep tonight.

matthewhadick said:

You just have a better understanding of the world. Don't feel narrow. He is. Most adults stop believing in fairy tales after 12 years old.

Red Scarlet

platypotamus said:
Scarlet, I sincerely hope Ami doesn't change the thread title. It is freaking amazing.

Well, he's welcome to change it to what he was going to use. I've already gone through a thread title war with him long ago.

sp0rsk said:
I am in IRC, I dunno how late I can stay up, but there's no doubt in my mind that I will be getting zero sleep tonight.

I still have to write a paper/presentation. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom