• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Go america go!

You guys better elect Obama today, or else we (the rest of the world) are sinking your country into the ocean, Atlantis style.

Calcaneus

+1 Obama

Just got back, lines weren't nearly as long as I expected. Once it started, it took about 45 minutes for me to get to a machine. Sweet.

Now I guess the hard part really starts, waiting.

1-D_FTW

GoutPatrol said:
Rudy on Morning Joe saying that most political realignments only lasting 2 years :lol :lol

He was such a scumbag. Complaining that Iraq settled down too soon. And the surge "working" and taking Iraq out of the headlines hurting McCain. If only it would have happened a little later. Wat!

Then talking about how, yeah, Obama won the debates, but it's a shame that style over substance won. Cause, yeah, McCain is nothing but effing substance.

eznark

Banned
Deus Ex Machina said:
TODAY'S FRONT PAGES (Europe)

AUT_KZ.jpg

He is risen

phalestine

aka iby.h
Calcaneus said:
+1 Obama

Just got back, lines weren't nearly as long as I expected. Once it started, it took about 45 minutes for me to get to a machine. Sweet.

Now I guess the hard part really starts, waiting.
I wish I could wait :(, I have to go to work, will be back a 5 though, so the data wont be in just yet.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
+2 for Obama in North Georgia. Went with my mom, got to the polls at 6:30...there was already around 200 people there. Polls opened at 7:00, we got outta there by 8:15 so it wasnt too bad.

Damn neighbours stole my yard sign last night! I'm surprised it lasted 2 weeks tbh, I'm about to go get a red one right now! I'm tempted to buy a blue and a red but since my last one was blue I want them to see it is a new sign.

Later! GObama!

camineet

Banned
Okay looks like I am about to get out there again! Just got calls from a few people asking for rides to the polls. Earlier than I had been expecting, but, it's no problem, especially with gas being relatively 'cheap' these days. So wish me luck.

Calcaneus

iby.h said:
I wish I could wait :(, I have to go to work, will be back a 5 though, so the data wont be in just yet.
Well, I still have to haul myself to class today, but after that I'm pretty much plan to be near a computer or TV by 7 to watch shit unfold.

camineet said:
Okay looks like I am about to get out there again! Just got calls from a few people asking for rides to the polls. Earlier than I had been expecting, but, it's no problem, especially with gas being relatively 'cheap' these days. So wish me luck.

i would pay for your gas if i were there

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Cheebs said:
:lol :lol :lol

I am watching the live feed from CBS of Obama's polling location cause he is expected to show up any minute now. WILLIAM AYERS JUST SHOWED UP. The reporters started freaking out and shouting questions at him.

Would have been hilarious had he showed up wearing McCain/Palin gear.

So North Carolina turnout might be low today? Woot!

I'm going to take my mom to the polls in a few minutes here in Pasco County, Florida. I'll report what I see but it looks like this area is pretty conservative with some very rabid Palin cultists, signs everywhere along the street and sign wavers everywhere promoting their campaign the past few days.

typhonsentra said:
So North Carolina turnout might be low today? Woot!

I'm going to take my mom to the polls in a few minutes here in Pasco County, Florida. I'll report what I see but it looks like this area is pretty conservative with some very rabid Palin cultists, signs everywhere along the street and sign wavers everywhere promoting their campaign the past few days.

link?

Cheebs

derder said:
McCain's outrageous attacks about "palling around with terrorists" were just as bad though. If negative attacks determine your vote like with Hagan I can't see how you'd vote McCain when he has run some of the dirtiest attack ads in a presidential election in quite a while. Dirtier than Bush in 2000 and 2004 that's for sure.

greepoman

My friend was telling me a bunch of Republicans who've already voted are going to the "blacker" parts of Jackson, MS to stand in line just to discourage democratic voters. Gotta love how election day brings out the best in people.

besada

Banned
+2 for Obama in Texas.

Line was short, but there.

Make sure to remember to thank your poll workers. It's a terrible, but incredibly necessary job.

NewLib

Banned
I just like to remind people. Dont freak out about exit polls. Early voting swung very heavy Democrat, so voting on election day will naturally be more Republican than it otherwise would have been.

Alur

+2 Obama and Warner in Virginia. The western part even. Line was about 30 minutes long at 6:30 am. At least a 1/3 to 1/2 more than that by the time I got out. Long lines :(.

Wes

venison crêpe
From the BBC:
There are reports of problems with electronic voting machines in New Jersey, with paper ballots having to be used instead (see below). In Virginia, a line of electors had to wait longer than usual because the head of a branch library - doubling up as a polling station - had overslept.

Cheebs

NewLib said:
I just like to remind people. Dont freak out about exit polls. Early voting swung very heavy Democrat, so voting on election day will naturally be more Republican than it otherwise would have been.
Democrats will be highly favored in exit polling. Kerry won exit polling by a sizable margin in all the swing states. And in the primaries Obama often won exit polling in states he lost like NH, Mass., Texas, Ohio....etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom