• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

camineet

Banned
sangreal said:
Don't trust them! Drag them to the polls... even if you are in IL we need to run up the popular vote!

I know. Me and another girl and guy plan to drive the other people without cars to polling places today between 11:00am and 3:00pm. Hopefully we'll have record turnout all over the state and country.

FTW: I'm glad gas is way down from earlier this year!

Lich_King said:
Wow, people in this thread are crazy about Obama more than any communist ever was about Lenin, or any nazi about Hitler

Well, people elected Stalin at first too :lol
I for one welcome our new Dark Emperor and creation of Galactic Empire :D
I like that comparison....

RBH

Just got back from voting in Atlanta.

I reached the polling place at around 6:15 am, and there were just 30 people in front of me. After the polls opened up at 7, it only took about 10 minutes before I was able to vote. ALOT of people were starting to arrive around 7 though, so it was nice to beat the crowd.

Glad that I got it done early in the day and didn't wait until the afternoon like I had originally planned.

camineet

Banned
Souldriver said:
I DEMAND from google that they change their logo today or tomorrow to this:

98900google.png

So Epic!

Stridone said:
I'll join in on behalf of the Dutch. Won't be there to experience it with PoliGAF due to timezone difference, but tomorrow morning will be fucking scary for me.
Oh please, are you too big of a pussy to stay up all night?

OmniGamer

OmniGamer said:
Off I go to vote! (5:30am local time, Brooklyn, NY)

Just got back in, +2 towards history...I was done voting around 6:48am...we(my mother and I) got there just in time, as soon after a bus load of people came and the line began wrapping around the block. I voted in 2004 and can definitely say the turnout is much stronger in my neck of the woods this time around...now the wait begins...do us proud Battleground-GAF!

Zep

Banned
Willingboro, NJ 11 of 21 machines are broke down. :lol

I told my dad this shit would happen..It truly has begun.

Stridone

Banned
Souldriver said:
Oh please, are you to big of a pussy to stay up all night?

I would really do that if tomorrow wasn't a fucking important test day. Hell, I've stayed up till 6AM on various occasions during the primaries.

Aristotlekh said:
So I'm registered absentee in California but wound up being in my hometown.

I never actually got the mail ballot because, being a (ohgod) Republican, I didn't feel like it was worth the effort to mess with it. But I've decided to vote no on 8. Can I just go to the local polling place anyway and get some verification thing done or something?

Check

http://www.voteforchange.com/

In most states though you should be able to just go down to your local registered polling place and vote.

I know all mayor news sites will have voting results maps, but is there one that's particularly well made and up to date? I want to keep one tab open on the electoral map, and one tab only.

Haunted

Souldriver said:
I know all mayor news sites will have voting results maps, but is there one that's particularly well made and up to date? I want to keep one tab open on the electoral map, and one tab only.
CNN's is totally snazzy.

Stridone said:
I would really do that if tomorrow wasn't a fucking important test day. Hell, I've stayed up till 6AM on various occasions during the primaries.
Yeah, my work tomorrow will be the victim of the coming 20 hours. :)

smurfx

get some go again
Dot50Cal said:
Richmond VA, 5 of the 7 voting machines broke, ahaha. They are now using paper ballots. New machines are coming.
isn't that a good thing? at least you can't hack a paper ballot. anyways i'm sorta regretting signing up to be a mail in voter. i kinda want to have the experience of going into a voting booth and voting. :(

besada

Banned
Wife and I are heading out to vote together before she goes to work. Let's hope our little suburban polling place isn't as crowded as the ones on TV. It would be difficult to imagine.

Zep

Banned
smurfx said:
isn't that a good thing? at least you can't hack a paper ballot. anyways i'm sorta regretting signing up to be a mail in voter. i kinda want to have the experience of going into a voting booth and voting. :(

Paper ballots...Can get lost ;)

jus sayin

Ronabo

I voted this morning. Polls opened at 6:30am. I got out of there about 7. Very large turn out compared to the last couple elections.

painey

got 2 new rear tyres for my KA and a big lunch of a big mac meal and 2 double cheeseburgers, im ready to stay up all night :D

Haunted

Holy shit, Fox News' website looks unbelievably cheap. Reminds me of The Sun's or The Daily Mail's web presences.

edit: ah, their election section is much better. Just the front page that's hideous.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Zep said:

jus sayin
Here in PA, we had paper ballots..which were then scanned into a PC. Probably the best way to go about it, since the paper can be recounted if needed.

smurfx

get some go again
Zep said:

jus sayin
yeah they can get lost but at least it doesn't mean a +1 for the other guy on top of your vote being stolen with the machines.

Zep

Banned
Dot50Cal said:
Here in PA, we had paper ballots..which were then scanned into a PC. Probably the best way to go about it, since the paper can be recounted if needed.

Yea, thats a good idea.

Nander

Was this thread just locked for a second, or am I going mad? I could swear there was a lock on it, but after updating the site it was gone again.

Haunted

Souldriver said:
ITS NOT UP TO DATE! No data from Dixville!!!!

;)
Thanks, I'll use this one then.
:p

I have no idea how timely their updates will be, but out of the three I checked out (CNN, MSNBC, Fox) CNN's design was clearly the best one.

Where I live voting is compulsory. An advantage with that is that every voter gets a note in his mail with info on where he has to go at what time. Elections are managed that way, so there's a constant reasonable short waiting line. When I go voting, it doesn't take longer than 10 minutes of waiting.

I'm not making the argument that voting should be compulsory though. ;)

Zapages

I am glad that I voted early... Although most of my friends are going to skip class today to go out to vote. Go OBAMA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom