• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
MinionBE said:
Belgians for Obama! Don't let us down people!

blog_highfive.jpg

I trust that most of the people here are doing the right thing anyway.

I hope I can stay up long enough to hear the results

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Zep said:
Willingboro, NJ 11 of 21 machines are broke down. :lol

I told my dad this shit would happen..It truly has begun.

I scoffed at those who predicted riots if Obama lost.

If Obama loses because of THIS, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them.

Cheebs

RevenantKioku said:
This just in: things probably won't be all that different.
That's nonsense and very untrue. America under Bill Clinton was VERY different than America under George W. Bush.

funk0ar

An open letter from Australia to the USA.

Do the right thing,
it's your obligation,
and your planet will thank you,
for your co-operation!

vote Obama

Barrett2

The Onion :lol

Latest Exit Poll Data
7:10am Christopher Nathans, 18, cast an informed vote for president and half-a-dozen ignorant votes for mayor, governor, county sheriff, and some ballot initiative about term limits or banks or something

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Darunia said:
Isn't anyone voting for what they believe in doing the "right" thing? Isn't that how it works?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
this shit better not go down wrong thats all im saying. If obama loses because of a technicality or machine problems it wont be good. Im just saying.

I will be leaving to vote soon.

Darunia said:
http://www.redeenkind.nl/nieuws/uploaded_files/blog_highfive.jpg[IMG]

I hope I can stay up long enough to hear the results[/QUOTE]
Yeah, no matter how the results turn out to be, it's safe to say we can thank gaf, since 90% of it has voted on Obama.

hiryu

+1 Obama in rural Ohio. I got there at 6:30 when they opened and had to wait 50 minutes to vote. Largest turn out I've ever seen at this place before. Not sure that is a good or bad thing considering where I live.

Malfunky

I'm popping my voter cherry today. 2 hours til the polls open in California.

Am I gonna go to a machine and find my name? Am I going to wait in line and tell someone my name or what? How does this shit work? :lol

Zapages

Some of my Med/Pharm school friends are really thinking of rioting down to townhall if Obama loses tonight.

PS: We live in Fl... It'll be fun getting arrested right?... :lol

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
MThanded said:
this shit better not go down wrong thats all im saying. If obama loses because of a technicality or machine problems it wont be good. Im just saying.

I will be leaving to vote soon.

News is reporting that right now it is primarily in black voting areas :(

Obama better get his lawyers on this ASAP.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Cheebs said:
That's nonsense and very untrue. America under Bill Clinton was VERY different than America under George W. Bush.
I wouldn't go that far. Now, obviously there are certain people to whom which it was vastly different, I won't argue that. There may be a lot of them. I don't know them, though.
But you're all just creeping the fuck out of me.

Ponn

Banned
Bernbaum said:
In Australia, high voter turnout usually pre-empts the voting out of an incumbent.

Not that it needed saying or anything.

Yea, these "record numbers" are just not for McCain no matter how much media wants to spin that all the undecided can go for McCain. Hell, he can barely hold onto his own party's vote.

RevenantKioku

eznark said:
I just can't wait to stop paying my student loans. This is going to be awesome.
wat
I've got $90,000 in loans I wouldn't mind losing. Although I don't see that happening ever.

knicks

Frank the Great said:
+2 Obama in New Jersey!

No line at all...and I live in the most Republican county in the state (REPs outnumber DEMs by a lot) so that is a GOOD thing.

Bergen County? Me too!

camineet

Banned
It was really nice getting out to vote this morning. Temps were in the 50s here in Chicagoland and it's gonna be in the lower 70s today, absolutely awesome feeling weather for this time of year (or any time of the year).

The last time it was in the 70s during November it was 1998 or 1999 during the 2nd half of Clinton's 2nd term. Hopefully this nice weather in the midwest & east will only add to an already expected record turnout!

eznark

Banned
RevenantKioku said:
I wouldn't go that far. Now, obviously there are certain people to whom which it was vastly different, I won't argue that. There may be a lot of them. I don't know them, though.
But you're all just creeping the fuck out of me.

The people you are referencing are investors of all shades, the world is going to be very very different for us come January.

+1 Obama in Missouri. Got up there at 5:20 AM and was 5th in line. Took about 10 minutes after polls opened @ 6:00. By the time I exited, there were well over 150 people in line.

Cheebs

:lol :lol :lol

I am watching the live feed from CBS of Obama's polling location cause he is expected to show up any minute now. WILLIAM AYERS JUST SHOWED UP. The reporters started freaking out and shouting questions at him.

Cheebs said:

I am watching the live feed from CBS of Obama's polling location cause he is expected to show up any minute now. WILLIAM AYERS JUST SHOWED UP. The reporters started freaking out and shouting questions at him.
Any link perhaps?

Cheebs said:

23icy1e.jpg

Fox318

Cheebs said:

he couldn't vote by absentee?

camineet

Banned
besada said:
Wife and I are heading out to vote together before she goes to work. Let's hope our little suburban polling place isn't as crowded as the ones on TV. It would be difficult to imagine.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing before I went out. I live about 50 miles from Chicago, in the far northern suburbs. The turnout was crowd was bigger than 2004 but I only waited a few minutes. I can't imagine what polling places are like in the bigger suburbs closer to the city, and in the city itself.

Cheebs

derder said:
+1 McCain!
+1 Hagan!
in NC

There was only one person in front of me at 8am, I was sure it would take longer.
Good job on voting Hagan but McCain? How in the world can someone want both Hagan and McCain? They are complete opposites of one another

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom