• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

2948313514_e37d4d30a1_o.jpg

NewLib said:
I just like to remind people. Dont freak out about exit polls. Early voting swung very heavy Democrat, so voting on election day will naturally be more Republican than it otherwise would have been.
Should be mentioned in the thread title, as I said before.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Fox318 said:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3147/2948313514_e37d4d30a1_o.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Either a terrible shop or the person did it in MSPaint and printed it on large paper.

hc2

typhonsentra said:
A post in this thread, guy said he didn't have to wait in line.

For polling places in Augusta, GA, waiting times range from a 60 minutes to none. I arrived at mine at 6:45, had voted and was out the door by 7:20.

+1 Obama in Indiana. Sorry, Ralph. The state is somehow too close this year to go for the protest vote against the electoral college.

Hoping I can use this as an avatar later.
49103e3cd94ee.png

Showed up at the polling place at 6 this morning, right when it opened, and there was already a decent line. And Wikipedia says this about my neighborhood (Albany Park, in Chicago): The area is one of the most Democratic of the country: In 2004, John Kerry won 22,800 votes (97.47%) to only 529 (2.26%) for George W. Bush.

Cheebs

Souldriver said:
Should be mentioned in the thread title, as I said before.
Why? The exit polling will favor Obama by more than his win margin. The exit polling WILL include early voters via poll numbers.

Barrett2

typhonsentra said:
A post in this thread, guy said he didn't have to wait in line.

That was me. I showed up at 7am, not a single person in line ahead of me. They said there was a 6am rush when it opened, but it cleared out by 6:30

Xdrive05

JoshuaJSlone said:
+1 Obama in Indiana. Sorry, Ralph. The state is somehow too close this year to go for the protest vote against the electoral college.

49103e3cd94ee.png

Fuck Yeah! Wife and I getting ready to add 2 more.

INDIANA FOR OBAMA, BITCHES! Make it happen.

ToxicAdam

JoshuaJSlone said:

49103e3cd94ee.png

Could've happened if he picked Bayh as VP. Biden was such a poor choice.

Brendonia

"Edge stole Big Ben's helmet"
+1 Obama in Ohio and another +1 later when my roommate votes.

I live outside of Cleveland in the east suburbs, though not far from the city, and my polling location wasn't too horribly crowded. It took about half an hour 10 of which was spent filling out the ridiculous paper ballot and finding the place to deposit stubs.

In line here in AZ. Line is moving briskly, we have a gay marriage admendment here and I in front of a gay woman so then this guy comes with a sign against gay marriage right outside of the 75ft limit. She get pissed and confronts him. I'm not really sure that she helped her case.

methane47

Dang Obama is a slow voter...

Is he gonna take that long to decide when to press the red button as well?

Is he gonna take that long to answer that 3AM phone call?

he's not ready to lead

Tommie Hu$tle said:
In line here in AZ. Line is moving briskly, we have a gay marriage admendment here and I in front of a gay woman so then this guy comes with a sign against gay marriage right outside of the 75ft limit. She get pissed and confronts him. I'm not really sure that she helped her case.

youre allowed to have signs that close to the polls?

Ponn

Banned
methane47 said:
Dang Obama is a slow voter...

Is he gonna take that long to decide when to press the red button as well?

Is he gonna take that long to answer that 3AM phone call?

he's not ready to lead

Shit, your right. I wonder how I can get my absentee ballot back and change my vote.

Tim-E

BdoUK said:
+1 Obama
+1 Lunsford

:D

:D I'm in WV, but I see KY senate ads all the time I'm really hoping Lunsford can win, although I doubt he will, but us Obama supporters are fuled by Hopium. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom