• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernbaum

EmCeeGramr said:
GUYS I NEED TO KNOW WHO NINTENDO IS VOTING FOR, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR A GAFFER TO KNOW

Nader.

Third contender that will come from behind and surprise
but ultimately dissapoint
EVERYONE.

Zapages

Dahellisdat said:
The fuck? Is that for real?

Yes its real... Our other friends (mostly Democrats) are encouraging him to do it... Hopefully he does not get arrested for bad lyrics/making fool of himself...:lol :lol :lol

If does do it... It'll be epic!!! Maybe we should record it and send it out America's Funniest Videos.:lol :lol :lol

PS: He's African American.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
pvp20081104.gif

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
In honor of ACORN and Gaborn, I registered my girlfriend's cat to vote and brought her to the polling station today. I also noticed how my gf's neighbors weren't going to vote and impersonated them too.

+12 Obama, from myself, Jubees and people I don't know.

In your face voting ID laws.

+1 Myself

I feel kinda bad, I almost always take my daughter with me to vote, but I was so worried about the lines and having my 19 month old with me that I went alone. 13 people in line, less than a 5 minute wait.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Waited in line 1 hr 25 min, definitely felt like it. Line was still pretty long when I got out (just got back home).

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Justin Bailey said:
Well you are looking at it from the "I" perspective. I'm looking at it from the "we" perspective.
I'm not exactly sure what that means. I do hope you're not implying some form of selfishness, but again, I don't really know what you're getting at.
I'm not denying that things are effected, I'm arguing the range of that effect. This election has made me think a lot about things, and especially living outside of the US for the first time, I'm learning these things are both more and less important than they seem.
But I'm just wasting my life here when there are real things to be done. See ya.

Mason

Ugh, man, we were out until like 1 am last night chalking campus. We made a giant Obama logo in front of the student union (it's probably about 20' x 20'... actually, maybe bigger..... it's pretty massive), as well as a lot of chalking everywhere for Obama and our local democrats. I'll try to get a picture if I have time later.

I will follow PoliGAF today at work, but after I get done volunteering later in the afternoon, I might go to a watch party or two so I don't know if I'll be here for the results rolling out. So if I'm not, have fun!

Barrett2

scorcho said:
In honor of ACORN and Gaborn, I registered my girlfriend's cat to vote and brought her to the polling station today. I also noticed how my gf's neighbors weren't going to vote and impersonated them too.

+12 Obama, from myself, Jubees and people I don't know.

In your face voting ID laws.

OMG, the very fabric of our democracy is tearing apart!!!

0.0000002% of the vote needs to be thrown out!!!

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
Alcander said:
AGH I'm so excited but nervous for this fucking interview. Who schedules interviews on election day??? seriously

Hehe, I've got the same problem, although I'm in the UK. I can't stay up overnight to watch :(

PLEASE, everybody vote! The World needs Obama.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
WTF just happened on MSNBC? They were ribbing Jackson Jr. about running after obama's run in office, and how there's no black senators left if obama gets elected, then it got out of control with laughter, now we've got a "COVERAGE WILL RESUME SHORTLY" message.. lmfao.

so uh, I turned on the online coverage on MSNBC and it was one of those classic "I didn't know the camera was on moments" for the anchor chick there, maybe the online feed doesn't cut to commercial. She was kind of playing with her shirt line, pulling it up, down, and doing some general tit-fiddling, while snarling/curling her lip for some reason. It was kind of hot.

Off to a great start here in Independents of Chattanooga, TN for Obama headquarters, I've got some tea because my coffee smells funky as hell and I've got 2 computers streaming election news towards me as I fold my hands in front of my face and stare out the window with serious business on the brain. While I am the only currently awake member of ICTO, my wife may wake up at some point and join me, which will give me occasion to comment "Now we're two."

Depending on the ongoing election results, I may begin drinking during the afternoon. Stay tuned for my live and possibly vulgar comments a little later today.

Zilch

Banned
lawblob said:
OMG, the very fabric of our democracy is tearing apart!!!

0.0000002% of the vote needs to be thrown out!!!

Isn't this the sort of percentage that people accused GWB of "stealing" the vote with? Seems kinda laughable now (ok, it always was).

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
RevenantKioku said:
I'm not exactly sure what that means. I do hope you're not implying some form of selfishness, but again, I don't really know what you're getting at.
I'm not denying that things are effected, I'm arguing the range of that effect. This election has made me think a lot about things, and especially living outside of the US for the first time, I'm learning these things are both more and less important than they seem.
But I'm just wasting my life here when there are real things to be done. See ya.

i'd be curious to see how consistently you vote in the "best anime/rpg of the year" thread on neogaf

Fox318

master15 said:
Hilary sounded like she was eating glass while endorsing Obama. Very uplifting, positive message there buddy.
She's the most power hungry politician in the history of the senate.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
"McCain expected to vote in Phoenix around 11AM"

Yeah, poor old guy has to wake up, still.

Master15, yeah, mine's out too.

Mason said:
Ugh, man, we were out until like 1 am last night chalking campus. We made a giant Obama logo in front of the student union (it's probably about 20' x 20'... actually, maybe bigger..... it's pretty massive), as well as a lot of chalking everywhere for Obama and our local democrats. I'll try to get a picture if I have time later.
SO IT WAS YOU !!!!!!
probably not, but some kids did the same here (VT)

Tim-E

master15 said:
Hilary sounded like she was eating glass while endorsing Obama. Very uplifting, positive message there buddy.

She's been all over this country holding rallies for Obama since the general election started. If she didn't give a shit, she wouldn't be doing that.

glistenm

Banned
Why don't calendars have Election Day marked?

I think that's kinda fucked, especially when they have shit like "Boxing Day (Canadia)".

Justin Bailey

------ ------
RevenantKioku said:
Not implying selfishness, just going with what you said about how your particular experience had very little to do with the election and who was in charge, which is going to be true for most people. But if you look at the overall experience of the US and the world, yes it does make a big difference who is in charge. That's what elected officials do - they deal with the larger problems we face as a group. Each individual may not be affected much or at all, but the group overall is affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom