• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

woxel1

Hitokage said:
bignight.jpg

"Well, tonight's your big night. Are you ready for it? Are we ready for it..."
I know this is a pretty big bump, but I just screened that movie last night for a bunch of people so :lol

+1 for Obama...
in California.

Why is Joe Lieberman standing behind McCain every rally? I just don't understand this character. He is a democrat, was good friends with respectable dems like Clinton and Gore, he actually ran for VP for the dems once, and now he is flipped to McCain/Palin? Weird.

Crisis

Banned
For all you guys voting for Obama in so-called "blue states" don't worry too much about it. The bigger the margin the more hilarious it will be if McCain loses.

unomas said:
I voted yesterday, and waited 1 hour 30 minutes from start to finish to vote early. My girlfriend voted this morning and it took her 5 minutes. WTF? I voted Demo across the board and I think she voted Republican, that was the way she was leaning. Every election I've ever voted in I voted for the winner so Obama is a lock.

Clinton 96'
Bush 00'
Bush 04'
Obama? 08'

Perhaps a stupid question but anyway. How can you vote for so different candidates? Are the party politics so close that it doesn't matter which party that wins but who becomes president?

Usually people (in Europe) have some kind of political idea that they follow and give their vote to the party that fits that the most. Who leads the party wouldn't affect that much.

eznark

Banned
sangreal said:
Seriously... this is why it is in everybody's interest to make election day a national holiday

I'd be willing to bet that the Monday before election day becomes one of the most taken vacation days in the country. And that turnout plummets.

Souldriver said:
Why is Joe Lieberman standing behind McCain every rally? I just don't understand this character. He is a democrat, was good friends with respectable dems like Clinton and Clinton, he actually ran for VP for the dems once, and now he is flipped to McCain/Palin? Weird.

Israel and warmongering first!

Tobor

Greetings from the rain in Richmond VA. I arrived at 7:30A, and was finished voting +1 Obama at 9A. Here's what the line looked like:

IMG_0273.jpg

It actually went much farther into the building as well. Richmond is turning out!

Judderman

drawer by drawer
+2 for Obama in NY (Me and my dad), +3 later from my mom, grandma, and great-grandma. First time voting for me and it felt great. Treated myself to a sandwich from Dunkin Donuts :D

xabre

Banned
Guess where?

Hi guys, just got back from Voting. I did it. I voted for McCain. I didn’t think I could, I was so nervous, but when I stepped in there I didn’t even hesitate to look at Obama. I voted all downticket Democrat and voted for McCain right at the top. I wasn’t thinking about Hillary though…my mind was just clear and I knew what I had to do. I’m kind of emotional right now and am so glad you guys are here…a safe haven over the last year for our girl. I did the right thing. I hope America does too.

Tobor said:
Greetings from the rain in Richmond VA. I arrived at 7:30A, and was finished voting +1 Obama at 9A. Here's what the line looked like:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb83/Tobor_bucket/IMG_0273.jp

It actually went much farther [B]into[/B] the building as well. Richmond is turning out![/QUOTE]

I'm so glad they made that shit illegal in my state

ZeroTolerance

Guys, Indian is going blue this year. You heard it here first. If any of you dudes and dudettes are interested and in seeing live streams from France and other countries go HERE.

They had a segment going on with Obama supporters who are going around in Indiana trying to find voters. They swear Indiana is going blue this year. Good stuff.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Souldriver said:
I just literally loled when they interviewed some undecideds on CNN.

It just hit me now: HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU NOT KNOW WHICH CANDIDATE YOU PREFER AFTER TWO YEARS OF CAMPAIGNING!!??!!! :lol :lol

Retards.
Easy.

I don't like either one all that much.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Souldriver said:
Why is Joe Lieberman standing behind McCain every rally?

I agree; it is a total slap in the face to Sam Wurzelbach. And people were blaming him for standing McCain up earlier. smh

ZeroTolerance said:
Guys, Indian is going blue this year. You heard it here first. If any of you dudes and dudettes are interested and in seeing live streams from France and other countries go HERE.

They had a segment going on with Obama supporters who are going around in Indiana trying to find voters. They swear Indiana is going blue this year. Good stuff.

I don't see it personally but it's a nice moral victory if its relatively close even.

+2 for Obama here in Mass (if you count my roommate), turnout has surprised everyone this morning considering the amount of absentee ballots typically cast in my town.

Tobor said:

IMG_0273.jpg

It actually went much farther into the building as well. Richmond is turning out!

Man, it's so beautiful there. I wish Florida had yellow and orange leaves. I can't wait to move out of this shit hole. :(

Okay.... voter turnout was pretty crazy.

I got there with my mom (Precinct 139, Pasco) and was surprised to see a negligibly small line but a steady stream of people coming in, mostly white but several blacks/asians entering and exiting sporadically while I waited for her. I then ask the guy out front about turnout and am told the precinct has around 2000 people on the rolls and over 200 people were in line when they first opened! I also called my grandmother who lives in Tampa-proper (Hillsborough, not just the metro area) and she was still in line and says she's been in line for some time despite the dreary weather (It isn't raining here yet but it looks like it might start anytime now). Turnout is going to be absolutely insane here in Florida guys.....

unomas

Banned
Tideas said:
you voted for Bush in 04? :(

Yes, couldn't stand Kerry and many people felt like the war needed to be carried through by the same president. I feel differently now, but that was four years ago. I just agree with Obama too much to vote for Mccain.

Monroeski said:
Easy.

I don't like either one all that much.
But can't you vote based on policy? If neither of the PERSONALITIES you prefer, just look at what POLICIES you prefer. McCain and Obama run on such a different platform, you simply can't still be undecided, unless you're uninformed or don't give a shit about politics. And if you somehow really think both have horrible ideas, vote third party.

In fact, policies should be more important than personality anyway, but whatever.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Tobor said:
Oh, in VA it's 40 ft. Those signs are outside the limit, I suppose.

Yeah, Texas has some sort of "must be x feet from polling place, which basically means there are a shitload of signs right at that point.

GQman2121

Banned
Hour long plus wait to vote here in downtown Baltimore. The Pratt Library is a packed house. It's like a fucking club with all these people running around.

There's. Got. Too. Be. An. Easier. Way.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom