• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
oldschoolpinball said:
conspiracy?

http://i33.tinypic.com/28vrbmg.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
According to your contextual ads, you probably are an overweight homeowner who works for a manufacturing or software company.

...am I close?

besada

Banned
Cheez-It said:
I'm all for Obama but some of you guys are just creepy in your obsession.

People are expressing their enthusiasm for supporting a candidate they actually like, something that is rare in American politics. Let them enjoy the thrill of making history. There's no point in holding anyone's feet to the fire until they get elected.

In short, fuck off and quit being a spoilsport.

Bernbaum

Eyemus Lutt said:
Isn't it mandatory in Australia?

Oops, I meant high voter turn out in the mornings. Big lines waiting before the polls open is bad news for the incumbent.

And yes, voting is mandatory, with about a 98% of eligible voters showing up.

Wes

venison crêpe
i1ekab.jpg

9zn594.jpg

2vmuek8.jpg

231ir9.jpg

Ryuartyi

Banned
eznark said:
My folks were just out there canceling your vote, and putting a plus 1 in the McCain column.
My parents canceled out my vote, but I don't really care. McCain or Obama, as long as people are confident with their vote it's fine with me.

Cheez-It said:
I'm all for Obama but some of you guys are just creepy in your obsession.
Obama is far from my perfect candidate, and he won't bring unicorns and rainbows when he's in office.

BUT this is election day, and I greatly prefer him over McCain, so I'm enthusiastic. Nothing wrong with that, is there?

Keylime

Ryuartyi said:
My parents canceled out my vote, but I don't really care. McCain or Obama, as long as people are confident with their vote it's fine with me.
Think of it this way, you're canceling their vote out.

If you hadn't voted, that's +1 more for McCain.

smurfx

get some go again
Bernbaum said:
I've been having nothing but trouble with that feed all day, in both firefox and IE.
what exactly is the problem? it takes a little while to load so don't close it if it doesn't start right away.

Meier

For those curious, the vast majority of the Chicago ballot was related to keeping people in place (mostly judges). I just skipped them all...don't know enough to make that determination.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
+1 Obama here in Winston-Salem, NC. Rainy day but people held strong. I gave my umbrella to a young couple who brought their 3-year old to vote with them so she can see them vote for Obama. Such a beautiful day.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
Souldriver said:
Obama is far from my perfect candidate, and he won't bring unicorns and rainbows when he's in office.

BUT this is election day, and I greatly prefer him over McCain, so I'm enthusiastic. Nothing wrong with that, is there?
Yes, you should be apathetic because it clearly doesn't matter who we vote for. I've also been in a coma for the last eight years did I miss anything?

Keylime

oldschoolpinball said:
damn those internets..thars spies in muh house!
I wish I really could cold-read people by looking at their contextual ads... I would do it all fucking day :lol

Crisco

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
+1 Obama here in Winston-Salem, NC. Rainy day but people held strong. I gave my umbrella to a young couple who bought their 3-year old to vote for Obama. Such a beautiful day.

Yeah dude, I don't think that's legal:lol

Barrett2

Meier said:
For those curious, the vast majority of the Chicago ballot was related to keeping people in place (mostly judges). I just skipped them all...don't know enough to make that determination.

Yeah, judges are tricky on how to vote. I just followed my local paper's recommendation on judges, county clerk, etc. They recommended a lot of Republicans, but I figure they knew more about these people than me, so I followed all their recommendations. :lol

hc2

lawblob said:

7 PM most of the eastern states close voting. Not really any meaningful actual results until 9 PM. Lots of talk about polls, interviews, etc to fill the time. Around midnight is when it should get real interesting. Midwest and mountain states' results start coming in. I think the networks are going to be real careful about declaring states per their exit polls.

Justin Bailey said:
Yes, you should be apathetic because it clearly doesn't matter who we vote for. I've also been in a coma for the last eight years did I miss anything?
Lots of terrists. Only one of the candidates said clearly that he can and will catch them. I say vote for him.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Justin Bailey said:
The thing is, it's a complex web of interaction. Since we can't prove how the world would be had things been different, you can only work with what you have. And guess how tomorrow will be.
Now, the past 8 years make up a hefty third of my life, and only half of my life-span that which I vividly remember. Any significant problems I faced have very little to do with those in charge of the country.
Now, I consider myself lucky for a large variety of reasons. I also know a lot of those things cannot be accredited to luck. But as far as elections go, I did what I could and the result is what it was. I work with what the results are, not bemoan that which is.
It matters, but not as much as people are acting as it does.

Crisco

Banned
A little on edge fellas? I was clearly joking, and more alluding to the typo where he says they bought a 3 year old to vote for Bams.

Zapages

This is from one of my Republicans friends... He's making a rap song for McCain tonight and he is going to be rapping it at the local polling stations to get people to vote for McCain...:lol :lol :lol :lol

McCain you bitch.
Is the way to be
You gonna be the McCains
You gotta see.

McCain is man to vote
to see
the world to end
is to be

McCain is the one I voted to be
be the one to be the President
of the USA to be.

My friends, my hoes you gotta see
McCain is the one you got to vote
to see
to be the one to be only to be
the winner of the night is it to be

go out and vote for McCain tonight

eznark

Banned
Ryuartyi said:

Just giving you shit. Not gonna matter much in the end.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Zapages said:
This is from one of my Republicans friends... He's making a rap song for McCain tonight and he is going to be rapping it at the local polling stations to get people to vote for McCain...:lol :lol :lol :lol
Any rap lyrics rhyming "ee" words is automatically horrible, no matter what it's about.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
RevenantKioku said:
The thing is, it's a complex web of interaction. Since we can't prove how the world would be had things been different, you can only work with what you have. And guess how tomorrow will be.
Now, the past 8 years make up a hefty third of my life, and only half of my life-span that which I vividly remember. Any significant problems I faced have very little to do with those in charge of the country.
Now, I consider myself lucky for a large variety of reasons. I also know a lot of those things cannot be accredited to luck. But as far as elections go, I did what I could and the result is what it was. I work with what the results are, not bemoan that which is.
It matters, but not as much as people are acting as it does.
Well you are looking at it from the "I" perspective. I'm looking at it from the "we" perspective.

Keylime

Zapages said:
Obama to win your county by a margin of over 90 points confirmed.

His skills are equivalent to some random white guy taking the mic and starting his rap with "My name is Nick and I..."

Zapages said:
The fuck? Is that for real?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Crisco said:
A little on edge fellas? I was clearly joking, and more alluding to the typo where he says they bought a 3 year old to vote for Bams.
No worries. Was typing while on the phone. Thanks for pointing it out.

Zapages said:
:lol

that's horrible.

Bernbaum

smurfx said:
what exactly is the problem? it takes a little while to load so don't close it if it doesn't start right away.

Gets stuck on the first frame, and image is broken. FYI, I'm in Australia, if that's an issue.

It was a creed written into the founding documents that declared the destiny of a nation.
Yes we can.
It was whispered by slaves and abolitionists as they blazed a trail toward freedom.
Yes we can. Yes we can.
It was sung by immigrants as they struck out from distant shores
and pioneers who pushed westward against an unforgiving wilderness.
Yes we can. Yes we can.
It was the call of workers who organized;
women who reached for the ballots;
a President who chose the moon as our new frontier;
and a King who took us to the mountain-top and pointed the way to the Promised Land.
Yes we can to justice and equality.
We have been told we cannot do this by a chorus of cynics who will only grow louder and more dissonant.
We've been asked to pause for a reality check.
We've been warned against offering the people of this nation false hope.
But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope. We want change!
The hopes of the little girl who goes to a crumbling school in Dillon are the same as the dreams of the boy who learns on the streets of LA;
we will remember that there is something happening in America;
that we are not as divided as our politics suggests;
that we are one people;
we are one nation;
and together, we will begin the next great chapter in America's story with three words that will ring from coast to coast;
from sea to shining sea - Yes. We. Can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom