• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.

numble

Kittonwy said:
Nathan Drake is also not a liberal.
angry.gif

http://fundrace.huffingtonpost.com/neighbors.php?type=emp&employer=Naughty+Dog
http://fundrace.huffingtonpost.com/neighbors.php?type=emp&employer=Insomniac+Games&search=Search

gcubed

Zeliard said:
O'Reilly likes Obama, though. See what he wrote about him?

what was the article last week that said he met with Murdoch and the guy from Fox News and most of the discontent was from the fact that he never approached them to come on the show. They all kiss and made up and he invited him to be on o'reilly's show. You have the whack jobs on fox that are just a joke, but there are some guys on there who are conservative, but not stupid. Same with the radio... for every Limbaugh, you have someone who repeatedly says they are not happy with the direction of the republican party, etc. O'Reilly likes the sound of his own voice more so then being venomous... i thought the interview was handled well by both... i would have been more pissed if it would have been a cupcake.

Kittonwy

Banned
polyh3dron said:
Never said he was...

So are you saying people who are not liberals approve of disinformation as a justified means to an end?

I don't approve of disinformation and I'm no liberal, that's why I don't watch CNN anymore.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
gcubed said:
what was the article last week that said he met with Murdoch and the guy from Fox News and most of the discontent was from the fact that he never approached them to come on the show. They all kiss and made up and he invited him to be on o'reilly's show. You have the whack jobs on fox that are just a joke, but there are some guys on there who are conservative, but not stupid. Same with the radio... for every Limbaugh, you have someone who repeatedly says they are not happy with the direction of the republican party, etc. O'Reilly likes the sound of his own voice more so then being venomous... i thought the interview was handled well by both... i would have been more pissed if it would have been a cupcake.

Murdoch is on record saying that Obama would sell more papers and make him more money if elected.

Take that as you will.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
PhoenixDark said:
Definitely, but like Olberman she's just a partisan talking head. I like the fact that she owns conservatives all the time but lets be real.

When Gibson gives Palin her underhand softball treatment this week you guys will be up in arms. Tonight Olberman gave Obama a softball "interview" and no one complains, at least not here.

Oh, Jesus Christ. Obama has had a SHIT-TON of interviews, etc etc etc. He's been in the national spotlight for a couple years now, almost everyday. He was just on fucking O'Reilly. Its simply not necessary for Olbermann to give him a 'tough' interview, and we know he won't.

Palin? SHe came on stage like a week ago. She hasn't said a single unscripted word to the press, and has therefore never had a tough question on national TV. Her only audience has so far been orgasming republicans. So yes, its fair to expect her to go through some type of interview with some heat so she can answer a damn question or two, and explain her record.

Really, phoenix dark. Sometimes you don't think out your statements at all, instead trying to play the devil's advocate.

Also, Im not sure what your definition of partisan is. Who isn't partisan? Someone who somehow speaks 50% positive/negatively about each party? That makes someone objective? To me, partisan means being consciously disengenuous, being intellectually dishonest, lying to yourself and others solely because of party labels. If someone actually deals with the facts and figures, who credits people who deserve to be credited, and calls out people on their bullshit and uses common sense in constructing arguments- if this just happens to favor a certain party- that does not make someone partisan. It makes reality partisan. I don't support Obama because he's a democrat. I support him for who is he, and he just happens to be a democrat. From what I've seen of Rachel, she wouldn't blindly support a democrat regardless of their views and actions.

tanod

when is my burrito
Kittonwy said:
I don't approve of disinformation and I'm no liberal, that's why I don't watch CNN anymore.

Reality has a well-known liberal bias.

You can find more "real" news watching the Daily Show or the Colbert report on Comedy Central.

gcubed

so... got an email through work today (Comcast) that they are having Obama fundraisers, and for the small donation of $1,000 I could go to a private Comcast/Obama dinner/meet in Philadelphia. I dont think i can pull together that money, oh well. Although i never thought Comcast of all places would be a place with explicit democratic support, given the whole, you know, FCC / Deregulation thing

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
gcubed said:
so... got an email through work today (Comcast) that they are having Obama fundraisers, and for the small donation of $1,000 I could go to a private Comcast/Obama dinner/meet in Philadelphia. I dont think i can pull together that money, oh well. Although i never thought Comcast of all places would be a place with explicit democratic support, given the whole, you know, FCC / Deregulation thing
I also work for Comcast and I didn't see this e-mail. I can't imagine they would do this, as we just got an e-mail for corporate HR saying that they are encouraging everyone to vote and to get involved with the political process, and that Comcast is not endorsing any candidate.

I'll see if our HR sends us something like this, but I'd highly doubt it.

I have a feeling that Obama's gonna give a "big speech" a few days before the election. Something that attempts to explain just how important the election is (mostly economic and health care stuff) and digs into republican rule, sorta similar to the convention speech.

I hereby dub it the "REMEMBER IF YOU GUYS DON'T VOTE FOR ME YOU'LL BE FUCKED" speech. Look for it in late October!

Napoleonthechimp said:
I find the idea of the word "liberal" being a dirty word and used as an insult to be completely retarded.
Of course it is. Where else would that work best but in a country where, every four years, we have large populations of people who actually vote against their own interests by putting Republicans in office.

Mr Jared

Hootie said:
Pat Buchanan time now.

In before fireworks. :lol

Haha.. good lord. Really, why do these people WILLINGLY bring him on? It's not that he's not entitled to his opinions, it's just that every time he's on he just shouts like a crazy man and pisses off everyone around him. No one can ever seem to have a decent conversation with the guy.

soul creator said:
I have a feeling that Obama's gonna give a "big speech" a few days before the election. Something that attempts to explain just how important the election is (mostly economic and health care stuff) and digs into republican rule, sorta similar to the convention speech.

I hereby dub it the "REMEMBER IF YOU GUYS DON'T VOTE FOR ME YOU'LL BE FUCKED" speech. Look for it in late October!

That would be smart, considering how fickle and easily swayed most people are.

gcubed

RubxQub said:
I also work for Comcast and I didn't see this e-mail. I can't imagine they would do this, as we just got an e-mail for corporate HR saying that they are encouraging everyone to vote and to get involved with the political process, and that Comcast is not endorsing any candidate.

I'll see if our HR sends us something like this, but I'd highly doubt it.

it was a separate email from that one, and at the end it said, reply to this if you are interested in supporting either candidate whether by volunteering, donations, etc.

Amir0x

Banned
Hootie said:
Chuck Norris endorsed Mike freaking Huckabee.

If Huckabee was elected president I would weep for our future.

i guess in the dark future where Obama does lose to McCain, that could be the best cheering up method available.

"Think of it this way... at least it's not Mike Huckabee."

Zeliard

Hootie said:
Chuck Norris endorsed Mike freaking Huckabee.

If Huckabee was elected president I would weep for our future.

The Republican establishment would be a lot more tolerable if they had a candidate that combined McCain 2000's politics with Huckabee's personality (and none of his politics).

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
gcubed said:
it was a separate email from that one, and at the end it said, reply to this if you are interested in supporting either candidate whether by volunteering, donations, etc.
Hmm...

I'll keep an eye out. While that sounds awesome, I don't think Comcast should be picking sides :lol

gkrykewy said:
Clearly something went wrong somewhere along the line. Did you go to Bob Jones University?
OK come on.. there's nothing wrong with having conservative views. There's just something wrong with supporting the Republican Party in its current form of pure evil, that's all.

gcubed

RubxQub said:
Hmm...

I'll keep an eye out. While that sounds awesome, I don't think Comcast should be picking sides :lol

i'm sure they roughly have the same thing for McCain... if you search up Comcast on that awesome tool posted the higher ups donated to both parties :)

Cheebs

Amir0x said:
i guess in the dark future where Obama does lose to McCain, that could be the best cheering up method available.

"Think of it this way... at least it's not Mike Huckabee."
How about this one.

Hillary and Rudy win the primaries.

Rudy wins the election.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Slurpy said:
Oh, Jesus Christ. Obama has had a SHIT-TON of interviews, etc etc etc. He's been in the national spotlight for a couple years now, almost everyday. He was just on fucking O'Reilly. Its simply not necessary for Olbermann to give him a 'tough' interview, and we know he won't.

Palin? SHe came on stage like a week ago. She hasn't said a single unscripted word to the press, and has therefore never had a tough question on national TV. Her only audience has so far been orgasming republicans. So yes, its fair to expect her to go through some type of interview with some heat so she can answer a damn question or two, and explain her record.

Really, phoenix dark. Sometimes you don't think out your statements at all, instead trying to play the devil's advocate.

Also, Im not sure what your definition of partisan is. Who isn't partisan? Someone who somehow speaks 50% positive/negatively about each party? That makes someone objective? To me, partisan means being consciously disengenuous, being intellectually dishonest, lying to yourself and others solely because of party labels. If someone actually deals with the facts and figures, who credits people who deserve to be credited, and calls out people on their bullshit and uses common sense in constructing arguments- if this just happens to favor a certain party- that does not make someone partisan. It makes reality partisan. I don't support Obama because he's a democrat. I support him for who is he, and he just happens to be a democrat. From what I've seen of Rachel, she wouldn't blindly support a democrat regardless of their views and actions.

Plus, Obama has been on Meet the Press multiple times being interviewed by the toughest man in the business: Tim Russert.

Same with Biden, same with McCain, same with Hillary.

tanod

when is my burrito
gcubed said:

It's a trap.

Kittonwy

Banned
gkrykewy said:
Clearly something went wrong somewhere along the line. Did you go to Bob Jones University?

I went to University of Toronto, it's not really a religious school.

What did Greta Van Susteran do to her hair? Man I miss these people since they left CNN, it's like a god damn reunion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom