• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Legend

tanod said:
Holy shit.

John McCain just made a potentially big gaffe.

Slightly paraphrased: I respect them [mayors] a lot because you know I'm in Washington and I'm divorced from normal people's day to day lives.

Holy shit x2, where is that?

Bulla564

Banned
Price Dalton said:
"Small town mayors have lots of responsibilities... hiring and firing."

You don't say..

Have to give it to Palin. A lot goes into hiring/firing people... like state troopers for example.

Dartastic

tanod said:
Holy shit.

John McCain just made a potentially big gaffe.

Slightly paraphrased: I respect them [mayors] a lot because you know I'm in Washington and I'm divorced from normal people's day to day lives.

That's a terrible gaffe; why would someone want a president who didn't understand what a normal person's life is like? Aren't they supposed to be our champion, of sorts?

Zeliard said:
But let's make a huge fuss over Michelle Obama saying that she's now really proud of her country.

Yeah, seriously. What's even more troubling is that they don't even understand the difference between love and pride.

Love for your country shouldn't be on an event-by-event, day-by-day basis. Getting captured and being a POW, for example, shouldn't re-ignite your love for your country. Your love for your country should always be there.

But pride can certainly work on that event-by-event, day-by-day basis...and it kind of should. You can love your country but you don't have to always be proud of it. Hell, love for your country is the reason why you aren't proud of it sometimes...because you know your country can be better.

Lemonz said:
vpfordummies1.png

:lol

Blader

Dartastic said:
That's a terrible gaffe; why would someone want a president who didn't understand what a normal person's life is like? Aren't they supposed to be our champion, of sorts?

McCain an elitist, confirmed?

Tim-E

:D Obama has re-opened up a campaign office here in Huntington, WV. That WV poll yesterday had Obama down only 5 points. I don't think he can win WV, but people here in Huntington love him, so I'm going to head down there soon and do everything I can to help out.

laserbeam

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
McCain is a much better debater/interview subject than he is speech maker.
Agreed these really are the types of things he excels at and thats why he wanted town halls so much. He sucks at big speeches but he can talk pretty well in settings favorable to his style

tanod

when is my burrito
Dartastic said:

I have to find a transcript.

Zeliard

"Mayors have the toughest job, I think, in America. It's easy for me to go to Washington, and frankly, be somewhat divorced from the day-to-day challenges that people have."

That's what McCain said, word for word.

Straight Talk Ghost Express just made a quick return, but it'll disappear off into the mist again.

ezekial45

Banned
He did make this snarling noise, right? Tell me i'm not crazy.

MoxManiac said:
So is obama in serious trouble or am I just getting needlessly worried about the polling this early?

You're getting needlessly worried. Chill the fuck out.

tanod

when is my burrito
Zeliard said:
"Mayors have the toughest job, I think, in America. It's easy for me to go to Washington, and frankly, be somewhat divorced from the day-to-day challenges that people have."

Depending on how it's used, that could be really damaging. It was kind of a slip as he rushed through that sentence.

ronito

Zeliard said:

Straight Talk Ghost Express just made a quick return, but it'll disappear off into the mist again.
I need stream of this so I can hear the slap of his campaign manager facepalming when he said this.

...I don't get it.

I mean it's definitely a gaffe, yeah, but this isn't going to damage him at all, let's be honest.

I'll gladly eat crow if it DOES affect him, but whatever.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
BrandNew said:
...I don't get it.

I mean it's definitely a gaffe, yeah, but this isn't going to damage him at all, let's be honest.

I'll gladly eat crow if it DOES affect him, but whatever.

its not a gaffe...its the truth so...not sure how it can be a gaffe. This isn't george W not knowing about scanners

AniHawk said:
What just happened?

He was talking about how baby boomers are older but no less fired up and energetic than their younger counterparts, then he preceded to pretend to fall asleep while giving off the most disturbingly funny sound I've heard this week. Yea he's done it before but it cracked me up

mj1108 said:
Focus on issues??? Since when, McCain???
Don't you see McCain's strategy here? Unload on Obama with bogus attacks, get Obama to attack back and then talk about how we should be talking about the issues and come off as the one taking the high road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom