• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhatSaqs

Banned
capslock said:
He's been reacting instead of defining.
When it comes to distractions he reacts and corrects the record. When it comes to the issues he is definitely defining and being very thorough in explaining his plans.

capslock said:
If Obama loses this he's got no one to blame but himself, the dude's been off his game since early August.

I don't buy that bullshit for one minute. Obama doesn't have to be "on his game" because that means he'd have to play by the same politics that McCain and Palin are using. No, it's ENITRELY the media's fault for their bump, and their continued coverage of this bullshit women who ultimately doesn't matter a fucking bit when it comes to the presidency. It's still Obama vs. McCain, but you wouldn't KNOW IT!

Cheebs

BrandNew said:
I don't buy that bullshit for one minute. Obama doesn't have to be "on his game" because that means he'd have to play by the same politics that McCain and Palin are using. No, it's ENITRELY the media's fault for their bump, and their continued coverage of this bullshit women who ultimately doesn't matter a fucking bit when it comes to the presidency. It's still Obama vs. McCain, but you wouldn't KNOW IT!
Calm down.

Fatalah

I like this line Obama just quoted in NH:

The media covers 4 things during an election year: polls, scandals, gaffes, and attacks.

Cheebs

GhaleonEB said:
McCain's bounce is holding, but Obama is ticking up a bit. From the daily write up:

McCain had a few +6 and +7 days in the past week, so if it really closed down on Thursday, and holds, that could show movement. We'll see over the course of the weekend.
This should prove just how wacky tracking polls are. Cause Rasmussen noted a very large bump for McCain in their Thursday numbers. The complete opposite of Gallup

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Wow, even Barbara walters can put mccain off his game:lol

DEBATES DEBATES DEBATES

Hell, did you see her reactions when that idiot blonde on The View started rambling about Matt Damon? Walters just slumped over in disgust. Underneath all of this day-time talk show nonsense, she's still got the blood of a no-nonsense reporter. She wanted to tear that blonde apart. She wanted to tear McCain apart.

I hope that reporter starts coming out even more. Having Walters start going on a warpath on day-time TV would be amazing.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Cheebs said:
This should prove just how wacky tracking polls are. Cause Rasmussen noted a very large bump for McCain in their Thursday numbers. The complete opposite of Gallup

EEEEEExactly.

gkryhewy

Tamanon said:
:lol McCain claimed that Palin never requested an earmark as governor. On the View of all places, when pressed.:lol

That's... that's not true, is it?

Vetted.

EDIT: Oh, neat: in a March 5 op-ed in the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner, Palin wrote that, as governor in 2008, she "requested 31 earmarks"

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Tamanon said:
Governor Palin: Do you believe that working closely with William Ayers, sitting in the pews of a man who say GD America for 20 years or buying a house from convicted felon Tony Rezko is more qualified than you?

Hannity just had an aneurysm from the raging hardon he got reading that.

Tamanon

Banned
gkrykewy said:

Vetted.

It's become pathological. John McCain just claimed on TV that Sarah Palin has never requested an earmark for her state -- when actually her state gets more earmarks than any other state in the country. And this year she asked for $197 million worth of them herself.

Even the AP couldn't ignore his lying -- even though they phrased it in their own anemic way. "When pressed about Palin's record of requesting and accepting such money for Alaska, McCain ignored the record and said: "Not as governor she didn't."

For the record Palin requested $197 million this year and $256 million last year. Per capita, that's $288 this year and $376 last year.

To give you some perspective, Palin herself requested at least ten times the dollar value of earmarks as most states get total every year.

From TPM:lol

GhaleonEB said:
McCain's bounce is holding, but Obama is ticking up a bit. From the daily write up:

McCain had a few +6 and +7 days in the past week, so if it really closed down on Thursday, and holds, that could show movement. We'll see over the course of the weekend.

Are we back?

:D

Xisiqomelir

AniHawk said:
Oh, I'm making 'Brutal' viral, sending it to as many people as I can. It's time to bring McCain down through the Internets.

Yeah, I'm sending it to my mother. It's going to cause huge conflict to her since she loves animals. :lol

qwertybob

Tamanon said:
:lol McCain claimed that Palin never requested an earmark as governor. On the View of all places, when pressed.:lol

earmarkspercap.jpg

earmarked federal dollars on a per capita basis by state, edit: this might be out of date, edit2: yes it is please disregard

Branduil

AniHawk said:
Oh, I'm making 'Brutal' viral, sending it to as many people as I can. It's time to bring McCain down through the Internets.
I'm sure the Wolves will be voting in substantial numbers in November, thanks to your hard work.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Some of you Obama suicidersare freaking crazy. CALM THE FUCK DOWN! Obama hs got this.

Theres like 5 different anti-McCain-Palin ads out today.

And Obama is talkin about taxes right now in a town hall meeting.

GhaleonEB

AniHawk said:
Cheer up, Ghaleon! If I'm optimistic, everyone can be!

Also, I haven't slept in 24 hours, but still!
So, it might be exhaustion-induced dementia?

I want so much for this election to make me think Americans can do the right thing when our backs are against a wall. I'm really feeling the issues that are impacting right now. So I'm just anxious.

(Side note: I'm actually in a deep depression these days - it's cyclical - so I have to filter through that. Today is a "bad day".)

AniHawk

Branduil said:
I'm sure the Wolves will be voting in substantial numbers in November, thanks to your hard work.

You underestimate the number of people that aren't sadistic or completely lack empathy, Branduil.

Xisiqomelir

mckmas8808 said:
Some of you Obama suicidersare freaking crazy. CALM THE FUCK DOWN! Obama hs got this.

Theres like 5 different anti-McCain-Palin ads out today.

And Obama is talkin about taxes right now in a town hall meeting.

'zactly

Obamabet.jpg

AniHawk

GhaleonEB said:
So, it might be exhaustion-induced dementia?

I want so much for this election to make me think Americans can do the right thing when our backs are against a wall. I'm really feeling the issues that are impacting right now. So I'm just anxious.

(Side note: I'm actually in a deep depression these days - it's cyclical - so I have to filter through that. Today is a "bad day".)

I've been like that for nearly two weeks straight. This is my first positive day since probably Obama's speech. McCain won't get another bump, not when the Democrats are fighting back and fighting back hard.

Branduil

AniHawk said:
You underestimate the number of people that aren't sadistic or completely lack empathy, Branduil.
Not at all, my friend. Though it's hard to believe it from this thread, I know there are large numbers of people who value unborn humans over wolves.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
New McCain ad saying that Obama calling Palin a liar is "disrespectful", WHILE THEY ARE LYING IN THE AD ITSELF?!?!?!!?

Evlar

Banned
gkrykewy said:

Vetted.

EDIT: Oh, neat: in a March 5 op-ed in the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner, Palin wrote that, as governor in 2008, she "requested 31 earmarks"
This Palin must be a crony of the liberal elite media in Alaska.

GhaleonEB said:

If it helps any, your posts are intelligent and I always look forward to reading them.

gkryhewy

SupahBlah said:
I really don't know how he can get away with that. If a British politician did that the media would relish destroying them.

That degree of ignorance on her record is a new thing - let's see how the media reacts today.

AniHawk

Branduil said:
Not at all, my friend. Though it's hard to believe it from this thread, I know there are large numbers of people who value unborn humans over wolves.

I'VE LOCATED MCCAIN'S GAF ACCOUNT!

AniHawk

gkrykewy said:
That degree of ignorance on her record is a new thing - let's see how the media reacts today.

Media's got a lot:

5 liberal attack ads
Rick Davis and John McCain meeting with Anne Hathaway's corrupt ex
McCain says nah, she never accepted earmarks

Which gets more play? I dunno.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
AniHawk said:
Cheer up, Ghaleon! If I'm optimistic, everyone can be!

Also, I haven't slept in 24 hours, but still!

Anihawk why aren't you breaking down the day-to-day numbers of the Gallup poll anymore?

I live and die by your breakdown.

Xisiqomelir

AniHawk said:
Media's got a lot:

5 liberal attack ads
Rick Davis and John McCain meeting with Anne Hathaway's corrupt ex
McCain says nah, she never accepted earmarks

Which gets more play? I dunno.

Obv the bolded, and the accompanying narrative will be "Has Sarah Palin FORCED Barack Obama to flip-flop on running a clean campaign?!!?".

So are the liberal 527s going to be on attack mode against McCain or what? If so, get ready for O Reilly hammering them and Obama for the smear campaign against McCain. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom