• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Tamanon said:
She's been claiming that she didn't support the bridge period, it was wasteful. Not that she stopped supporting it when Congress turned on it. And then she still kept the federal moneey!

Thanks.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Is there an email address or form where I can reach out to the McCain campaign?

I'd like to send them a brief note that basically says my politics lean in their direction (I'm a Libertarian), but they've lost my vote and I'm going to be actively campaigning against them, 100% as a result of their dishonest, distracting, and insulting campaigning methods.

Dolphin

Banned
Tamanon said:
I honestly have no clue what she's saying there.:lol

It seems like she's saying that she didn't support the bridge to nowhere as much as she supported a connection to nowhere. It's almost existential.
I like to think this sums it up perfectly:
i1i61i.gif

Tamanon

Banned
GDJustin said:

I'd like to send them a brief note that basically says my politics lean in their direction (I'm a Libertarian), but they've lost my vote and I'm going to be actively campaigning against them, 100% as a result of their dishonest, distracting, and insulting campaigning methods.

http://www.johnmccain.com/Contact/

Not sure if they'll read it, but that's an option. The strongest voice you have is your vote after all, but ya never know.

HOLY SHIT! Obama just went Nuclear against McCain. ITS ON BABY!!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/12/obama-camp-steps-up-attac_n_126014.html

"Today on "The View," John McCain defended his campaign's latest ad campaign, which has been debunked repeatedly as both false and sleazy. In running the sleaziest campaign since South Carolina in 2000 and standing by completely debunked lies on national television, it's clear that John McCain would rather lose his integrity than lose an election."

"The McCain campaign's lies make it clear that John McCain would rather lose his integrity than lose this election. The fact is, John McCain has voted for millions in earmarks and his running mate has requested more pork per person than any governor in America -- including $2 million to study the mating patterns of crabs. Barack Obama has stood up to the lobbyists and corruption in Washington, and will bring real change that puts middle-class families first,"

they are fucking going after McCain's Honor! they are going all out!

Xisiqomelir

Okay guys, I'm off to play hella cards and hopefully melt felt all night. If you start panicking again for whatever reason, I leave you with this thought:

Obamabet.jpg

GDJustin said:

Good intent, but do you really think those slimeballs give a shit?

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I love the "she kept the money!" canard. Of course she did.

Whether Alaska was going to recieve the funds or not was never the issue. The specific earmark was stripped by Congress but Alaska was free to spend the money however they pleased. Which means she was still free to throw it all at the bridge.

GDJustin

The Lamonster said:
Good intent, but do you really think those slimeballs give a shit?

No. But it'll only take me a couple minutes to write, and I'll feel good knowing that someone over there (probably) read it.

I've done much more pointless things in my life :lol

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
140.85 said:

Whether Alaska was going to recieve the funds or not was never the issue. The specific earmark was stripped by Congress but Alaska was free to spend the money however they pleased. Which means she was still free to throw it all at the bridge.

oh, that makes it sooo much better!

Guys... that's not going nuclear.

That's attacking based on truth.

Going nuclear would be "Your wife stole medication from people that needed it to feed her habit, while you covered it up as best you could."

This line of attack should keep his "new" creds while attacking McCain at his strength.

The Lamonster said:
is the kek kek kek thing a WOW reference?
Korean answer to LOL isn't it?

Tamanon

Banned
140.85 said:

Then who gives a damn about earmarks anyways? Aren't they actually better than what happened?

The Lamonster said:
wtf?

He's been on the defensive and hardly on the offensive about anything and you're all timid about him attacking McCain's honor?

It would behoove the Obama camp to avoid being up earmarks or experience at this point...

GhaleonEB

Thunder Monkey said:
Guys... that's not going nuclear.

That's attacking based on truth.

Going nuclear would be "Your wife stole medication from people that needed it to feed her habit, while you covered it up as best you could."

This line of attack should keep his "new" creds while attacking McCain at his strength.

Korean answer to LOL isn't it?
As Obama said earlier today:

"There is an old saying that Abraham Lincoln had about one of his opponents, he said if you don't stop lying about me, I'm going to have to start telling the truth about you."

GDJustin

The Lamonster said:

This is what I ended up sending:

To Whom it may concern -

My personal politics lean right, but I wanted to send the McCain campaign a brief note letting you know that you have lost my vote.

I'm going to be actively campaigning against McCain-Palin entirely as a result of your dishonest, distracting, and insulting campaigning methods.

I don't love Obama's policies, but I feel you forced me to make this choice... your campaign has been far too lacking in integrity for me to support you.

-Justin Davis

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
The Lamonster said:
wtf?

He's been on the defensive and hardly on the offensive about anything and you're all timid about him attacking McCain's honor?

My only concern is that honor is such a vague term and I bet the McCain campaign will try and spin it to make it sound like Obama is attacking McCain's 'service to his country'. They are adept at taking things out of context. It was obvious that Obama was talking about the economy with his lipstick remark, that didn't stop the McCain campaign from turning it into an attack on Palin. The news media won't report the facts Obama uses in his attack, the juicy soundbyte will be him attacking McCain's 'honor' which can be spun into any number of things.

GDJustin said:

To Whom it may concern -

My personal politics lean right, but I wanted to send the McCain campaign a brief note letting you know that you have lost my vote.

I'm going to be actively campaigning against McCain-Palin entirely as a result of your dishonest, distracting, and insulting campaigning methods.

I don't love Obama's policies, but I feel you forced me to make this choice... your campaign has been far too lacking in integrity for me to support you.

-Justin Davis

I basically sent the same note to MoveOn.org. Well done.

GhaleonEB said:

"There is an old saying that Abraham Lincoln had about one of his opponents, he said if you don't stop lying about me, I'm going to have to start telling the truth about you."
Gotta love that O.

Taking inspiration from the greats.:D

Jonm1010

Banned
"The McCain campaign's lies make it clear that John McCain would rather lose his integrity than lose this election. The fact is, John McCain has voted for millions in earmarks and his running mate has requested more pork per person than any governor in America -- including $2 million to study the mating patterns of crabs. Barack Obama has stood up to the lobbyists and corruption in Washington, and will bring real change that puts middle-class families first,"

Run with the crabs part. Its a perfect compliment to talking about Earmarks, it just exacerbates the absurdity of her change platform even more. I would love to see her defend the need for millions of dollars to study crabs mating.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
140.85 said:
It would behoove the Obama camp to avoid being up earmarks or experience at this point...

so what you are saying.. is that it would benefit obama to avoid pointing out the lies and hypocrisy that mccain and palin spew? gotcha!!

Broseybrose

GhaleonEB said:

my fucking god he's so smart. that is so perfect.

GDJustin said:

To Whom it may concern -

-Justin Davis

So you're going to support 4 years of policies you disagree with becuase of 2 months of mudslinging? How long have you been into politics?

Tamanon

Banned
140.85 said:
So you're going to support 4 years of policies you disagree with becuase of 2 months of mudslinging? How long have you been into politics?

He's more of a libertarian, he wasn't getting 4 years of policies he agrees with no matter what.

Plus, maybe this'll fix the party for the future.

gkryhewy

140.85 said:

That's not usually how it works. Transportation earmarks are typically over-and-above normal state transportation appropriations.

140.85 said:

It's hard to pin down McCain's policies as he keeps going back on things on a regular basis. He's a paradoxical candidate if I ever saw one.

Imm0rt4l

Jonm1010 said:
Run with the crabs part. Its a perfect compliment to talking about Earmarks, it just exacerbates the absurdity of her change platform even more. I would love to see her defend the need for millions of dollars to study crabs mating.

they should also juxtapose that to mccain saying how wasteful californians were in spending money on studying bear DNA, and not knowing if that was a criminal issue or a paternal issue.

GhaleonEB

Tamanon said:
He's more of a libertarian, he wasn't getting 4 years of policies he agrees with no matter what.

Plus, maybe this'll fix the party for the future.
Plus, I think you can intuit something about what kind of a president these guys will be based on their campaigns. The way Obama was conducting his campaign was what first made me start paying attention to him: grass roots organizing, cutting ties with lobbyists and PACs and and a hard focus on the issues. McCain's campaign has been one of lies, distractions and misdirection. One inspires me to think he will be a great leader, one makes me think he's a habitual liar who will do anything to achieve power.

ghibli99

GhaleonEB said:

Great quote. Actually gave me chills, and while I don't think Obama should lose it Bruce Banner-style and be angry all the time, I've been really waiting for him to fire back, while still focusing on what got him to where he's currently at. I watched that Palin interview and facepalmed so many times. My wife was furious and is just about done with this election.

BTW, the more I hear and read about Biden, the more I just love this guy. All his mistakes actually work for him, not against him, and his recoveries/corrections crack me up. It's amazing, and man, I'm riveted when I listen to him speak.

Jonm1010 said:

I DON'T KNOW IF IT WAS A CRIMINAL ISSUE OR PATERNITY ISSUE AM I RIGHT GUYS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom