• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odrion

Banned
cox1y.jpg
cox1y.jpg
cox1y.jpg

cox1y.jpg
cox1y.jpg
cox1y.jpg

cox1y.jpg
cox1y.jpg
cox1y.jpg

Dartastic

I'm sure this has already been posted, but DAMN. 0.o

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/12/mccain-grilled-on-the-vie_n_125972.html

Edit-OH GOD ABOVE ME SO SCARY MAKE IT STOP.

Also, I heard a funny joke last night when I was on 16th and Mission. There was this big circle, and this drunk guy was telling a joke. He said, "You know what I think of Sarah Palin? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... (mimicked an orgasm sound) OH SHIT I HOPE THAT DIDN'T JUST COUNT AS 4,000,000 VOTES!" :lol

Anyone watching Palin on ABC right now? Charlie seems to really be going after her in specifics and she keeps dodging with vague answers. I wonder who that reminds me of.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
DAILY MOMENT OF OPTIMISTIC PRESCIENCE:

By next Wednesday, as I have already stated, some of the polls will show Obama creeping ahead. But as everyone has already absorbed, it is all about the ground game in November. If the young vote, if the black folks vote, we win easy.

Watch for significant SNL bounce too. No kidding.

Door2Dawn

Banned
OuterWorldVoice said:
DAILY MOMENT OF OPTIMISTIC PRESCIENCE:

By next Wednesday, as I have already stated, some of the polls will show Obama creeping ahead. But as everyone has already absorbed, it is all about the ground game in November. If the young vote, if the black folks vote, we win easy.

Watch for significant SNL bounce too. No kidding.
:lol

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Ripclawe said:
The Obama computer attack ad means someone in his research group should be let go. McCain is widely acknowledged as being a pioneer in using the internet in his 2000 campaign and this Forbes article makes the attack even worse.

http://www.forbes.com/asap/2000/0529/053_print.html

It was a pretty shitty ad, in that it gives the impression the Obama camp is swinging widely and grasping at straws in order to embarrass McCain and make him look bad- when in fact, they have so much more potent ammunition that really goes to issues and McCains character. They dont need shit like this. Just keep exposing his lies/Palins lies and their countless hypocrisies.

When did Charlie Gibson get a spine? He's drilling her hard on the earmarks issue. She's dong so much spinning she'll probably get dizzy and throw up on Charleee by the end of the interview.

Pure awesomeness. :lol

Ripclawe said:
The Obama computer attack ad means someone in his research group should be let go. McCain is widely acknowledged as being a pioneer in using the internet in his 2000 campaign and this Forbes article makes the attack even worse.

http://www.forbes.com/asap/2000/0529/053_print.html
If Obama loses, I think people will look back to Obama's 1982 ad as the thing that cemented the failure.

Such an epic fail when there are so many other things you can go after McLie for.

Dartastic said:
I'm sure this has already been posted, but DAMN. 0.o

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/12/mccain-grilled-on-the-vie_n_125972.html

Edit-OH GOD ABOVE ME SO SCARY MAKE IT STOP.

Also, I heard a funny joke last night when I was on 16th and Mission. There was this big circle, and this drunk guy was telling a joke. He said, "You know what I think of Sarah Palin? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... (mimicked an orgasm sound) OH SHIT I HOPE THAT DIDN'T JUST COUNT AS 4,000,000 VOTES!" :lol

Good for The View.

The Huffington Post has a lot of good videos up.

pxleyes

Banned
polyh3dron said:
If Obama loses, I think people will look back to Obama's 1982 ad as the thing that cemented the failure.

Such an epic fail when there are so many other things you can go after McLie for.
It ties it in with the economy and how after nearly 30 years in Congress McCain has learned nothing about it.

...she says that abortion is a "personal" matter...then...does she realize that pursuing a total, all-encompassing pro-life government platform...is not leaving abortion as a personal matter...

Gun violence health issue, goddamn right it is. Gibson should nail her on the notions of what the 2nd Amendment actually applies to.

TDG

Banned
polyh3dron said:

Oh please. The ad will be effective, it scares people into thinking McCain isn't ready for the job, and that's a big point that people vote for.

And please, don't repond to my post and tell me that McCain did this and that, because he's old, he seems old, he acts old, and 95% of Americans don't actually think about whether attack ads are true, unless they're really silly.

I'm becoming cautiously optomistic that the Palin hype train is starting to reach its final destination. As a Dem I have to admit that she seemed pretty colorful and interesting when she was first unveiled but the more she talks the less interesting she seems.

She reminds me of Clarence Thomas in that she doesn't seem to have a single opinion of her own.

TDG

Banned
Tyrone Slothrop said:
so when is it okay to go in panic mode?
NO

Wait for the debates goddamnit. 99% of America isn't even paying attention at this point.

Besides, the McCain lead is shrinking, ffs.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Atrus said:
It boggles the mind that he would openly put himself in such a poor position by going on The View. The only Republican on it is that blonde idiot Elizabeth Hasselbeck, and seeing as how their audience is comprised of millions of women, sucking hard is just going to run counter to his 'Palin will get me the women vote' idea.

It's sure to be popular when Barbara Walters doesn't let you off the hook for lying and you can only give that uncomfortable 'I just shit my diapers' smile.

It was a stupid as decision. I agree with you. Now 3 million women will ask themselves what the hell did they just witness.

deadbeef

Saint Gregory said:
I'm becoming cautiously optomistic that the Palin hype train is starting to reach its final destination. As a Dem I have to admit that she seemed pretty colorful and interesting when she was first unveiled but the more she talks the less interesting she seems.

She reminds me of Clarence Thomas in that she doesn't seem to have a single opinion of her own.

But Clarence Thomas was appointed to the Supreme Court, and is still currently serving!

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
TDG said:
Oh please. The ad will be effective, it scares people into thinking McCain isn't ready for the job, and that's a big point that people vote for.

And please, don't repond to my post and tell me that McCain did this and that, because he's old, he seems old, he acts old, and 95% of Americans don't actually think about whether attack ads are true, unless they're really silly.

96% of Americans aren't naieve enough to believe that.

Beavertown

Garbage
polyh3dron said:

Yeah, thankfully I only saw that one once today. Hopefully they'll quit running it, as it's just pathetic.

TDG

Banned
Crayon Shinchan said:
96% of Americans aren't naieve enough to believe that.
You disagree?

I've always gotten the feeling that most people don't pay attention to attack ads, and the ones who do see the misleading info on the screen and treat it like a news report, "Huh, I didn't know that."

deadbeef

TDG said:
You disagree?

I've always gotten the feeling that most people don't pay attention to attack ads, and the ones who do see the misleading info on the screen and treat it like a news report, "Huh, I didn't know that."

Yeah, they use negative attack ads because they work, even though people don't like them.

FightyF

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
This is the Obama way of thinking. He beat Hillary by not freaking out. I think this man has got this!

Good point.

With 3 debates left, Obama can do a lot of damage.

I was looking at McCain's foreign policy stances, and they are the exact same as Bush's. The war on terror would continue for the next 4 years at least.

deadbeef said:
But Clarence Thomas was appointed to the Supreme Court, and is still currently serving!

True, bad analogy.

Is anyone else having trouble with the VoteForChange website? I'm just trying to check my registration since I moved and it keeps crashing on me :(

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
TDG said:
You disagree?

Actually I've seemed to have misread what you wrote.

Thought you said:

"95% of Americans don't actually think these attack ads are true"

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Is no one in this topic discussing the errors in polling methodology that led to the big swing to McCain? It was all over the lefty blogs, the other day.

Basically, Pollsters polled an equal number of self-identified Reps and Dems for the latest round of national polls, even though there's 10M more registered Democrats than Republicans, nationwide...

GDJustin said:
Is no one in this topic discussing the errors in polling methodology that led to the big swing to McCain? It was all over the lefty blogs, the other day.

Basically, Pollsters polled an equal number of self-identified Reps and Dems for the latest round of national polls, even though there's 10M more registered Democrats than Republicans, nationwide...
wat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom