• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Fragamemnon said:
I tried logging in with 'methqueen' and 'Dis4diploma' but neither password worked. Any other thoughts?

jesusaurus.rex
i.h8.t.fey
hirussia
wolvesrus

lawblob said:
It amazes me the Republicans went to such great lengths to portray Obama as the 'fluff' candidate of all style, no substance; only to then trot out the most substance-free politician in modern American politics. McCain is like a low-brow motivational speaker. Any conservative with even a modicum of dignity should be ashamed that THIS is the Republican ticket.

Well . . . a lot of GOPers are sort of ashamed . . . the are ashamed that they didn't nominate someone who was more of a religious nutcase.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Incognito said:
Great news. On election day, if by 730pm cst Virginia is called for Obama you can be sure I'll be doing backflips at the polls in Denver. :lol
Don't overexert yourself, man. Save some of that for Inauguration Day! :lol

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Fragamemnon said:
I tried logging in with 'methqueen' and 'Dis4diploma' but neither password worked. Any other thoughts?
russiaIseeYou
StumpSpeechStumpSpeechStumpSpeech

GhaleonEB

Via Ben Smith:

McCain, in Florida, suggests he was referring to American workers as the "fundamentals" of the economy, a rather unorthodox use of the term:

“My opponents may disagree, but those fundamentals of America are strong…. Our workers have always been the strength of our economy, and they remain the strength of our economy today.”

McCain says when he was talking about the fundamentals, he was really talking about the American workers. And so criticizing him for that comment is to attack the American people, the strong backbone of our economy. I get the sense McCain realizes how deep that stuff was that he stepped in this morning. :lol

GrapeApes

Guys. Top McCain adviser, Carly Fiorina, just said "pot calling the kettle black" while referring to Obama. What a racist! It's obvious she's trying to point out Barack's obvious blackness. I'm disgusted by these racist remarks.

Tamanon

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Via Ben Smith:

McCain says when he was talking about the fundamentals, he was really talking about the American workers. And so criticizing him for that comment is to attack the American people, the strong backbone of our economy. I get the sense McCain realizes how deep that stuff was that he stepped in this morning. :lol

Is this like when you don't support the war then you're not supporting the troops? :lol

WaMu's could have huge issues if despoitors start going up and taking out their money in fear that they are going to go under. Getting money out now > FDIC guarantee.

The bigger issue, for WaMu, is the fact that no one saved Lehman and BOA is now busying gorging on the remains of M-L. Wells Fargo, a potnetial suitor, has avoided large acquistions in the past and reiterated that they aren't interested. Is there anyone left to "scoop the poop" for WaMu? Doesn't look like it, that's why their stock is worth less than John McCain's word at the moment.

GhaleonEB said:
Via Ben Smith:

I gotta hand it to him - the GOP has quite a gift of taking advantage to unintelligent voters :lol

I would never have thought of turning it around to be an insult to "working, hard working Americans"

Incognito said:
Great news. On election day, if by 730pm cst Virginia is called for Obama you can be sure I'll be doing backflips at the polls in Denver. :lol

I'm tempted a take a month ban bet if Obama takes Virginia although I would be happy if it happened.

Last Democrat to take Virginia. Lyndon B. Johnson. (1960 they went Nixon instead of Kennedy)

RapeApe said:
Guys. Top McCain adviser, Carly Fiorina, just said "pot calling the kettle black" while referring to Obama. What a racist! It's obvious she's trying to point out Barack's obvious blackness. I'm disgusted by these racist remarks.
:lol

reminds me of the 23/6 video about "If the Democrats acted like Republicans!"

Cloudy

Banned
Fragamemnon said:
WaMu's could have huge issues if despoitors start going up and taking out their money in fear that they are going to go under. Getting money out now > FDIC guarantee.

The folks with a lot of money there probably have CDs (like me lol). I think they'll be fine unless Schumer pulls an Indymac on them :p

The Lamonster said:
I gotta hand it to him - the GOP has quite a gift of taking advantage to unintelligent voters :lol

I would never have thought of turning it around to be an insult to "working, hard working Americans"
Obama says the economy is in ruins therefore OBAMA HAETS AMURRICA

GET HIM

RapeApe said:

Someone should ask Carly if she can relate to the bank executives' situation, given her ability to run HP into the fucking ground, and then get a huge golden parachute when the board booted her sorry ass.

maynerd

Banned
Fragamemnon said:

The bigger issue, for WaMu, is the fact that no one saved Lehman and BOA is now busying gorging on the remains of M-L. Wells Fargo, a potnetial suitor, has avoided large acquistions in the past and reiterated that they aren't interested. Is there anyone left to "scoop the poop" for WaMu? Doesn't look like it, that's why their stock is worth less than John McCain's word at the moment.

I got a WAMU account what banks are solid so I can move my accounts? I know it's FDIC covered but I don't want to deal with the hassle.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
GhaleonEB said:
Via Ben Smith:

Is he talking about the same workers that won't work in the fields for $50 an hour?

RapeApe said:
oh snap

why's the kettle always gotta be black?

laserbeam

Banned
Evlar said:
I'd just like to say Hello, and Welcome! to all the Secret Service guys who just joined the thread.

haha this is the correct answer and people could be in for rude awakenings when some men in Black suits show up and they are not Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones.

Tamanon

Banned
maynerd said:
I got a WAMU account what banks are solid so I can move my accounts? I know it's FDIC covered but I don't want to deal with the hassle.

If WaMu isn't solid, then there isn't a "solid" one:p Don't worry about it too much unless you've got over $100k.

Also, who the fuck refers to the fundamentals of our economy as the workers? This is doublespeak at its finest, if anyone falls for this I have a used car to sell them.

laserbeam said:
haha this is the correct answer and people could be in for rude awakenings when some men in Black suits show up and they are not Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones.
because they're talking about Palin's e-mail?

right...

maynerd said:

If you are in the west and can't swing a credit union, then I'd go with Wells Fargo-one of the banks that only bought good mortgages and is remarkably healthy compared to, like, every other banking institution in the US.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/15/mccains-crowd-numbers-plu_n_126490.html

McCain's Crowd Numbers Plummet In Palin's Absence

As reported by MSNBC's First Read, the Republican presidential nominee addressed a crowd of roughly 3,000 people in a stadium that seats 16,000.

But look at this particular photo...

original.jpg

Does it seem appropriate to anyone else that SCARY FUCKING MONSTERS would show up to a McCain speech? Anyone else see it?

avaya

I can not fucking believe McCain said what he said about Lehman. They really have AMAZING BALLS to say that.

Those fuckers are directly at fault for what has transpired over the last 18months. Deregulating the debt markets is pure insanity.

qwertybob

SCReuter

RapeApe said:

She also said SNL's Palin sketch was sexist.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
maynerd said:
you're in NYC, right? the strongest local bank is NYB/Atlantic, although they offer horrible interest rates on savings/credit and have fewer banks around. then again, that's probably a good thing since it shows they're not stressing for capital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom