• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farmboy

The state polls tend to lag a little behind the national polls. Their numbers are smack dab in the middle of McCain's VP/Convention bounce now, while the national polls are showing the bounce evaporating. We should have a clearer picture on where the race stands next week, right before the debates.

Farmboy said:
The state polls tend to lag a little behind the national polls. Their numbers are smack dab in the middle of McCain's VP/Convention bounce now, while the national polls are showing the bounce evaporating. We should have a clearer picture on where the race stands next week, right before the debates.

This.

Fatalah

Farmboy said:

Yeah, listen to this guy. The bounce is still in effect. When Obama ties McCain, that doesn't automatically mean McCain isn't being supported by a bounce anymore.

Check out this MAP of STATES giving money to Campaigns

This is an interactive map, you can view it at http://www.newsmeat.com/

nm_map_adv_jul08.jpg

ronito

Kildace said:
Nah, it's really stupid and pointless. Will only hurt Obama.
First off, it's probably fake. Second off, it's Anonymous. Only on FoxNews could you tie Obama to that dangerous terrrrist group.

I thought DeNiro was at least Republican. I mean, he has money, what's the point of him supporting Obama? Seriously, when actors get involved in politics there's a high chance it will make me hate them.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
James Power said:
I thought DeNiro was at least Republican. I mean, he has money, what's the point of him supporting Obama? Seriously, when actors get involved in politics there's a high chance it will make me hate them.

People with money can be democrats too. It's a mutation pretty white people picked up via evolution.

James Power said:
Oh no! Somebody should have told DeNiro's agent that James Power will hate him if he campaigns for Obama!!!

also: maybe DeNiro cares about his country too much to give a fuck about paying higher taxes ;)

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
James Power said:
so you're offended because DeNiro defied your stereotype and isn't a Republican?

numble

James Power said:
Hey, Warren Buffett and Bill Gates are Obama supporters. The two richest guys in America. Weird, huh?

Barrett2

James Power said:

A rich person who votes librul!?!? Does not compute!

Xisiqomelir

James Power said:

Are you for real?

James Power said:

Ahaha, wtf? And you likely have no money and are voting republican... so?

James Power said:

I hope you were going for humour otherwise that was a very dumb post.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
numble said:
Hey, Warren Buffett and Bill Gates are Obama supporters. The two richest guys in America. Weird, huh?

It's almost as if charitable people tend to go Dem.

Crazy.

Dow close on 19-Jan-01 was 10,587.59.

Dow today: Dow 10,712.09 -346.93 -3.14%

I wonder if George Bush will become the first two-term president to leave office with the DJI actually below where it was when it came into office 8 years earlier.

That is fucking amazing.

scorcho said:
so you're offended because DeNiro defied your stereotype and isn't a Republican?

Basically, yes. I thought him to be cool and tough like in Taxi Driver. Instead he sucks like in Brazil. It's probably just a PR gag anyway.

:lol :lol :lol

James Power just figured out he just isn't smart enough to waltz into the PoliGAF thread and add anything worthwhile to the discussion.

"durrr he had movie roles that differ from his own political opinions what the hell? lol"

JayDubya

Banned
SnakeXs said:
It's almost as if charitable people tend to go Dem.

Crazy.

We've done the statistics on that, actually, and been over it on GAF.

Progressives believe in mandatory government charity.

Conservatives voluntary donate more to private charities.

Zonar

James Power said:
DeNiro Loves Black Women.

No Joke.

GhaleonEB

Cheebs said:
But that "noise" lasted quite a few days. This is his lowest in nearly 5 days.
On that graph, Obama has polled three days of 47% on the economy question. One day he was three points higher, one day he was three points lower. McCain meanwhile dropped three days in a row, and had a one-day uptick today. We need a few more days of data to see if that is noise or a trend. It looks like noise right now.

I'm skeptical of the ARG polls. Ohio seems in line with other polls, and NM as well (aside from the Rasmussen outlier). We know CO and NV are close. But Montana closing down again? Obama's home state of Illinois that close? Don't buy it. And why on earth would they not poll Virginia?

James Power said:
Let me pile on . ..

(neutral) James Power
Social Darwinist
(Today, 09:15 AM)
Reply | Quote

:lol

JayDubya

Banned
As a random aside, those that belittle people for "not voting in their own economic interest..."

... would logically be expected to berate Mr. Deniro et. al. for not voting in their own economic interest.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
JayDubya said:
We've done the statistics on that, actually, and been over it on GAF.

Progressives believe in mandatory government charity.

Conservatives voluntary donate more to private charities.

Haha. Now take away tax shelters and deductions. Also remove "pet projects" like Opera gifts and so on.

JayDubya said:
As a random aside, those that belittle people for "not voting in their own economic interest..."

... would logically be expected to berate Mr. Deniro et. al. for not voting in their own economic interest.

There is a piece of fiscal logic you love to ignore: I call it the "how many Ferraris do I need?" theorem.

harSon

Banned
JayDubya said:

Could you please spare us? There is a MASSIVE difference between a poor lower classed citizen in an economic crisis voting against their self interests and a multi millionaire actor voting against his self interests.

Xisiqomelir

JayDubya said:

Total failure of the the financial and physical infrastructure of the United States impacts the wealthy more than it does other economic classes.

JayDubya

Banned
harSon said:
Could you please spare us? There is a MASSIVE difference between a poor lower classed citizen in an economic crisis voting against their self interests and a multi millionaire actor voting against his self interests.

If it's so massive, why don't you expound upon it. If it's a valid criticism for the goose, it's hypocritical to say it doesn't apply to the gander.

Pro-tip: it's not really a valid criticism for either.

OMFGIES @ that Anonymous Palin e-mail stuff.

If they really did deliver, what could that mean for the election? Did the Internet democratize information? Like, seriously?

Agent Icebeezy said:
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gbJvGZDG9ZD_SsuZpy-SSApOaW7AD93858M00

WASHINGTON (AP) — Women's rights groups endorsed Barack Obama for president Tuesday, asserting the historic selection of a female Republican vice presidential candidate does not make up for John McCain's lack of support on issues important to women.

ryutaro's mama said:
The McCain campaign said it was unhappy with NOW's decision to endorse Obama.

"It's extremely disappointing that an organization that purports to be an advocate for all women not only opposes but feels compelled to go out of its way to criticize and make negative comments about the only ticket in the presidential race with a woman on the ticket," Palin's spokeswoman Maria Comella said in an e-mail.

Bu-bu-bu-but it wasn't pandering...McCain selected Palin based SOLELY on her qualifications....
Did they honestly believe just by putting any woman as VP women would just vote with their vaginas?

JayDubya said:

Sure . . . . But it is a big difference if you gonna collect $8 million instead of $10 million versus if you make $12,000 and are gonna have your food stamps cut. One is a difference of vast wealth, the other could affect your health.

NewLib

Banned
StoOgE said:
Palin better buy a dog.

I guess Im slow but you are going to have to explain this to me.

This has nothing to do with the fact this is Sarah Palin. It has to do with the fact that, if true, people are breaking into another person's personal communication and attempting to dig up dirt this way to cause the person public shame.

harSon

Banned
JayDubya said:
If it's so massive, why don't you expound upon it. If it's a valid criticism for the goose, it's hypocritical to say it doesn't apply to the gander.

I'm not going to bother, you always seem to come up with the most idiotic arguments imaginable. I'll just say De Niro's house mansion isn't going to be foreclosed by voting against his self interests.

ronito

captmcblack said:
OMFGIES @ that Anonymous Palin e-mail stuff.

If they really did deliver, what could that mean for the election? Did the Internet democratize information? Like, seriously?
:lol :lol :lol
Seriously dude, Mccain supporters don't even listen to the media when they tell them he's lying why would they listen to Anonymous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom