• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.
EricM85 said:
Did we just watch the same speech? If Obama bumbles his way through the debates like he just did addressing these questions, he's going to come off looking very bad. Anyone with even a very basic understanding of what's happening right now could have just done what Obama did. You act like he just gave some major insights into the situation.

Its bumbling when you don't know what you're talking about. When you know what you're talking about(which he does) its called thinking your way through your answer so you are not giving stump speech talking points. Each question desired an answer in which he gave specifics.

EricM85 said:
Did we just watch the same speech? If Obama bumbles his way through the debates like he just did addressing these questions, he's going to come off looking very bad. Anyone with even a very basic understanding of what's happening right now could have just done what Obama did. You act like he just gave some major insights into the situation.

Yea he did do way too much blinking.

giga

I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and The Iraq everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the US should help the US or should help South Africa and should help The Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for our children.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
artredis1980 said:
the gap is closing because Obama has not been agressive enough on pushing economy, just speeches wont do, he needs an all out attack.

He'll lose the damn election if you were in charge. :lol

syllogism

Mccain camp again tries to preempt Obama and gets it wrong

Word on the street is that today in Coral Gables, Florida, Barack Obama will attack John McCain for supposed connections to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley bill. Here’s a pre-emptive response from our campaign:
Apparently Barack Obama thinks absurd and hypocritical political attacks are more important than a real plan to deal with our economic crisis today.

http://thepage.time.com/mccain-camp-response-to-obamas-economic-remarks-in-coral-gables-florida/

That's rich after Mccain spent most of his speech doing "hypocritical political attacks". Obama avoided Mccain critique.

Barrett2

That video tells us a lot about Palin. On the SINGLE issue she is supposed to know something about, she sounded like a complete moron.

In addition to horribly abusing words like fungible and molecule, she seems to say that Congress should (?) regulate oil sales? So let me get this straight, Republicans are now for nationalization of 10% of the economy, and eliminating free trade of domestic oil supplies? Now thats MAVERICK!

this is the fucking problem

Obama avoids McCain critique

John McCain used much of his speech this morning on the financial crisis to attack Barack Obama, even seeking to put some of the blame for the near-meltdown at his feet.

Obama, by contrast, is striking an above-the-fray posture in remarks to be delivered soon in Florida.

The Democrat's only mention of McCain by name is to call on him to support an "emergency economic plan for working families:"

In the same bipartisan spirit that is being shown with regard to the crisis on Wall Street, I ask Senator McCain, President Bush, Republicans and Democrats to join me in supporting an emergency economic plan for working families – a plan that would help folks cope with rising gas and food prices, spark job creation through repair of our schools and roads, help states and cities avoid painful budget cuts and tax increases, help homeowners stay in their homes, and provide retooling assistance for America’s auto industry. John McCain and I can continue to argue about our different economic agendas for next year, but we should come together now to work on what this country urgently needs this year.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/0908/Obama_avoids_McCain_critique.html?showall

unfortunately the election is never won by staying above the fray, gore lost because of that and Kerry lost because of that and Obama is doing the same thing. comeon, if ur going to stay above the fray atleast attack him agressively!

fuck man!

Fatalah

mckmas8808, not sure why no one has picked up on your avatar size yet, but look for something smaller.

I made this up for fun :)

11r3z2o.jpg

besada

Banned
EricM85 said:
Anyone with even a very basic understanding of what's happening right now could have just done what Obama did.

Anyone except John McCain or the sitting President, apparently. But McCain's said multiple times (and demonstrated in multiple speeches) that he doesn't understand even the basics of the economy.

mckmas8808 said:
what is she saying here? Is she going to tell the oil companies how much oil has to stay in the country?
Did you even *listen* to the quote?? It's clear that she's strictly against the flagging of energy molecules - especially when it would be Americans left holding the bag of molecules and fungus produced inside these borders of the country she loves...

... Charlie.

Evlar

Banned
God, he's just begging for someone to bring up the Keating 5. Sooner or later he's going to add it to his stump speech. "Y'know, when I was younger, I had some friends who worked in the financial markets..."

artredis1980 said:
the gap is closing because Obama has not been agressive enough on pushing economy, just speeches wont do, he needs an all out attack.

Seriously. He should probably just physically assault McCain at the first debate.

artredis1980 said:
this is the fucking problem

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/0908/Obama_avoids_McCain_critique.html?showall

unfortunately the election is never won by staying above the fray, gore lost because of that and Kerry lost because of that and Obama is doing the same thing. comeon, if ur going to stay above the fray atleast attack him agressively!

fuck man!

Jesus Christ, dude. He's been ripping him apart ALL WEEK. One speech, which is supposed to be a statement on HIS economic plan, without a jab and it's Doom? Jesus Christ, dude.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Jesus Christ, dude. He's been ripping him apart ALL WEEK. One speech, which is supposed to be a statement on HIS economic plan, without a jab and it's Doom? Jesus Christ, dude.

that is not the way to win, he needs to pounce, attack him and make sure he does not get up, if your oponent says oh no please dont hurt me lets work this out, would you say ok lets do it and then he stabs u or do you finish him. In McFossil's case, you finish him

artredis1980 said:
that is not the way to win, he needs to pounce, attack him and make sure he does not get up, if your oponent says oh no please dont hurt me lets work this out, would you say ok lets do it and then he stabs u or do you finish him. In McFossil's case, you finish him

That was a press conference. He's giving a SPEECH right now. Let's see what happens.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Cloudy said:
Why is Hilary sitting back while her supporters undermine Obama? I guess she wants that shot in 2012...

With all of these people leaving for McCain, Hillary doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of 2012.

gcubed

Price Dalton said:
Heads in the sand, man.

DJ is up 400 today, obviously the economy is growing at a rapid pace due to the extreme deregulation of the financial sector that has just been regulated to regulation. Did i mention i'm for deregulation, but if it works, what i meant was "THE" regulation, you just heard de-regulation, in order to clear that up i would have said unregulation... so obviously you misheard.

Oh, yeah, Spain sucks.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
artredis1980 said:

Dude this isn't boxing. You can't finish someone before November 4th. It's impossible.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
artredis1980 said:
Obama should stop playing like federer when he starts playing with his opponent and ends up losing a set where he was leading. fucking finish him
He is not going to finish McCain 40+ days out. :lol

ronito

mckmas8808 said:
He didn't say that today did he?
Why wouldn't he? People that don't bother to actually check think that really was a fiscal conservative and he single handedly brought down communism. These people that don't bother to check? I call them republicans. The ones that do? Libertarians and Democrats.

tanod

when is my burrito
artredis1980 said:
Obama should stop playing like federer when he starts playing with his opponent and ends up losing a set where he was leading. fucking finish him

Rule #1 in politics:

50.1% is a win. No point of winning more than that. Just make sure you have a solid 50.1%.

Rule #2 in politics:
If you're ahead, don't drive down your favorables by running negative ads. His stump speech and ads released to the media are for national consumption where he is ahead. The really negative stuff is on a state by state basis as it should be.

giga said:
I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and The Iraq everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the US should help the US or should help South Africa and should help The Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for our children.

i believe that too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom