• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Crayon Shinchan said:
What's even better was Obama's team pretty much saying

"Chill out fuckers. I got this!"

i.e. David Plouffe putting out a memo advising people it's not anything more then they had expected (i.e. convention bounce for McCain and their's wearing off) and that they had plans on what needed to be done (i.e. attack ads of substance).

It is because of this that makes me think that an Obama administration is going to be great. Look at how well they have managed this campaign. Almost flawlessly. There are a lot of smart people working in unison in the Obama campaign

Crayon Shinchan said:
What's even better was Obama's team pretty much saying

"Chill out fuckers. I got this!"

i.e. David Plouffe putting out a memo advising people it's not anything more then they had expected (i.e. convention bounce for McCain and their's wearing off) and that they had plans on what needed to be done (i.e. attack ads of substance).

It really makes the dem reactions that occured seem silly. It made the calls for Obama to go super negative look silly. Hell it looks the whole media look silly, with all their talk about "how changed the fundamentals were."

Obama's team said "let's wait for him to overswing, then we'll counter punch." Now McCain looks off balance and dizzy.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Stoney Mason said:
I've been getting some weird numbers calling my cell phone recently and I always just ignored them and figured they were wrong numbers but now I wonder if they were polling companies...
just curious, but are any of them michigan numbers?

vitaflo

Agent Icebeezy said:
It is because of this that makes me think that an Obama administration is going to be great. Look at how well they have managed this campaign. Almost flawlessly. There are a lot of smart people working in unison in the Obama campaign

I'm glad they haven't given in to the Dem whiners. This is the Dem's biggest problem, they always panic (and thus always shoot themselves in the foot). Obama just stays cool and lets the magic work.

vitaflo said:
I'm glad they haven't given in to the Dem whiners. This is the Dem's biggest problem, they always panic (and thus always shoot themselves in the foot). Obama just stays cool and lets the magic work.

Imagine how Hillary would've acted if she was down in the polls.

Cloudy said:
Holy crap, was this posted in here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvUsdmqGYV8

ROFL :lol
Q: would there be a ban on exporting newly drilled US oil?
A: "Oil and coal? Of course, it's a fungible commodity and they don't flag, you know, the molecules, where it's going and where it's not. But in the sense of the Congress today, they know that there are very, very hungry domestic markets that need that oil first," Palin said. "So, I believe that what Congress is going to do, also, is not to allow the export bans to such a degree that it's Americans that get stuck to holding the bag without the energy source that is produced here, pumped here. It's got to flow into our domestic markets first."

reminded me of:
Q: “Recent polls have shown that a fifth of Americans can’t locate the US on a world map. Why do you think this is?”
A: “I personally believe, that U.S. Americans, are unable to do so, because uh, some, people out there, in our nation don’t have maps. and uh…I believe that our education like such as in South Africa, and the Iraq, everywhere like such as…and, I believe they should uh, our education over here, in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa, and should help the Iraq and Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future, for us.”

TDG

Banned
Frank the Great said:
Imagine how Hillary would've acted if she was down in the polls.
SHAME ON YOU JOHN MCCAIN! SHAME ON YOU FOR SENDING OUT THIS MAILING ABOUT MY RECORD! LET'S HAVE A DEBATE!

LCGeek

formerly sane
harSon said:
What in the fuck was that?

It's a fungible commodity don't ya know!

quick what's more retard palin's comment or this image?

ja01.jpg

:D :D :D :D

and so the journey to the world of sleep begins!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
speculawyer said:
WTF?!?!? That answer zigged and zagged like drunk. I have no idea what she was trying to say other that it seems she was trying to put as many big words in her answer as possible.

Wait 'til the debates. Lol.

BTW, I am just some random bastard, yet I can go all day without mangling the language like that. Why can't we have a president with at least my level of oratory skill?

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
Question: Would there be some sort of ban on exporting new drilled US oil?

Palin Answer: Oil and coal, of course it's a fungible commodity, they don't flag the molecues, you know, where it's going and where it's not.
In the sense of the congress today, they know that there are very very hungry domestic markets that need that oil first.
So I believe what that congress is going to do also, is not to allow the export bans to such a degree that its americans who get stuck holding the bag, without the energy source that is produced here pumped here, it's got to flow into our domestic markets first.

She has no idea what she's going on about.

vitaflo

Cloudy said:
I've watched it 3 times and I still don't know. Anyone voting for McCain because of this woman is a fucking imbecile..

She's saying that oil pumped in America needs to stay in America. However when you try to come off sounding like you're an educated expert, you end up saying the shit she did and looking like a jackass.

kkaabboomm said:
Q: would there be a ban on exporting newly drilled US oil?
A: "Oil and coal? Of course, it's a fungible commodity and they don't flag, you know, the molecules, where it's going and where it's not. But in the sense of the Congress today, they know that there are very, very hungry domestic markets that need that oil first," Palin said. "So, I believe that what Congress is going to do, also, is not to allow the export bans to such a degree that it's Americans that get stuck to holding the bag without the energy source that is produced here, pumped here. It's got to flow into our domestic markets first."

Ah . . . when I read it, I can kinda understand it. But the way she said it with her inflections and pauses, it got all garbled.

Edit: Also, that transcript takes out the stutters and repeated words.

0919_mainchart.png

this image never gets old

speculawyer said:
Ah . . . when I read it, I can kinda understand it. But the way she said it with her inflections and pauses, it got all garbled.

...now imagine her speaking to foreign nations hostile to the USA

Cloudy said:
Holy crap, was this posted in here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvUsdmqGYV8

ROFL :lol
"Mrs. Palin, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Crayon Shinchan said:
She has no idea what she's going on about.
Biden is going to tear her apart on live TV. And it's going to be delicious. Wait for the tubes to provide us with thousands of hilarious gifs.

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
electricpirate said:
It really makes the dem reactions that occured seem silly. It made the calls for Obama to go super negative look silly. Hell it looks the whole media look silly, with all their talk about "how changed the fundamentals were."

Obama's team said "let's wait for him to overswing, then we'll counter punch." Now McCain looks off balance and dizzy.

No kidding. I had faith! You go back and see what I was saying while everyone was freaking out... the guy runs a smart campaign! He runs a good campaign, he plays smart and he doesn't have to sacrifice his values.

Even when racism is a huge negative factor in the campaign, he's thumping his opponent. By the time the debates are over, Obama and Biden will have thumped McCain and Palin 4 times over. They'll prove they know what they're talking about and McCain and Palin will be shown as the hacks they are.

The right wing media will do what they do... spin it how they can... but it'll be plain. Clear and obvious... who's got their shit together and who doesn't. The undecided will then be able to make a clear choice based of it, and we'll roll into an election where McCain and Palin has been lame ducks for over a month... because honestly, I can't see anything else that they can pull that would help them out.
I mean, the right wing media can get together and rally... but the surprise card is over, Palin is a retard and yoke, and McCain has compromised everything that he stood for to get this far and still getting beat down.

and like Xisqo, I've put down a bet on Obama too. I'd put down more... but uh... the intrade banking system is confusing me.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. WHAT IS SHE EVEN SAYING IN THAT QUOTE?

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Cloudy

Banned
Frank the Great said:
Why aren't McSame's numbers dropping? They need to.

You want the truth? Racism

McCain and Palin are painfully incompetent and would be down 20 in the polls if Barack was white..

Atrus

Gold Member
"Oil of coal? Of course it.. it.. it's a fungible commodity and they don't flag ya know the molecules where... where it's going and where it's not, but in the... in the sense of the congress today, they know that there are very, very hungry domestic markets that need that oil first. So I believe that what congress is going to do also is not to allow... the export bans to such a degree that it's Americans that get stuck holding the bag without the energy source that is produced here, pumped here, it's got to flow into our domestic markets first."
- Sarah Palin

o_0?

Atrus said:
"Oil of coal? Of course it.. it.. it's a fungible commodity and they don't flag ya know the molecules where... where it's going and where it's not, but in the... in the sense of the congress today, they know that there are very, very hungry domestic markets that need that oil first. So I believe that what congress is going to do also is not to allow... the export bans to such a degree that it's Americans that get stuck holding the bag without the energy source that is produced here, pumped here, it's got to flow into our domestic markets first."
- Sarah Palin, Energy Expert.

I added that to my quotes on Facebook.

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
Question: Would there be some sort of ban on exporting new drilled US oil?

Palin Answer: Oil and coal, of course it's a fungible commodity, they don't flag the molecues, you know, where it's going and where it's not.
In the sense of the congress today, they know that there are very very hungry domestic markets that need that oil first.
So I believe what that congress is going to do also, is not to allow the export bans to such a degree that its americans who get stuck holding the bag, without the energy source that is produced here pumped here, it's got to flow into our domestic markets first.

Ok... so giving her the benefit of the doubt, because that's what high minded people do.

Breaking down her answer and trying to make sense of it.

In response to the question; ban on exporting drilled US oil?

- fossil fuels are a freely transferable commodity; not possible to mark the products
- congress knows that oil energy is a critical issue for america.
- They're not going to stop (the newly drilled oil) export to the extent that its only used my Americans
- However, that oil is going to go to Americans first and foremost.

In other words, she's saying no export bans, but believes most of what's produced at home should be used at home... but referring back to point 1, there's no way we can actually enforce oil companies using american oil for americans only.
Not that it would make a difference... it's not like American oil companies are going to differentiate between their oil reserves once in their reserves... it's not practical to do so, and they've already got more than enough oil reserves on American soil that the oil that will be drilled is a none issue (it's not going to add a significant amount more oil directly into the market).

Basically, she's avoiding the question with a poorly worded round-about answer designed to confuse everyone, including herself.

mclem

LCGeek said:
It's a fungible commodity don't ya know!

quick what's more retard palin's comment or this image?

ja01.jpg

:D :D :D :D

and so the journey to the world of sleep begins!

At first I thought those stars on her tights were varicose veins, and now I can't unsee it.

GhaleonEB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom