• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hootie

Rur0ni said:
363ac70b00c3be29ecc2b262e4645391.gif

Virginia, Ohio, Nevada go Blue, Florida goes White. :O

Presently for current polling that is with Cell Phone Adjustment.

Dayum, with the cell-phone adjustment he's DESTROYING McCain. :lol

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
McCain is now playing the Chavez card on the Spanish speaking population with his latest TV ad.

Yes, that will earn him a lot of votes :lol

BobLoblaw

Banned
TDG said:
I swear Palin is one of the dumbest people alive. What a disaster she is.
I don't think anyone doubts that now that she's done two "interviews." While the republicans continue to market her as someone "just like you," her number have continued to go down. I mean seriously, why would I want somebody just like me? If I had to have surgery and the choices were someone just like me or an expert, I'm going with the goddamn expert. Every time.

MoxManiac

Electoral-Vote.com now has Obama leading as well. So it means Obama is leading in both registered voter polls and likely voter polls. Good news!

Biden/Palin debate will be the most entertaining thing on TV this year, IMO

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think Palin's answer makes sense. It was her best attempt to not answer the question. That is, oil prices are set on the world market. Pumping extra oil here is not going to reduce the price for American consumers.

Everyone knows this drilling thing is a ridiculous sham that only the most uninformed fuckhead people are still parroting (michael steele, etc). Palin did a wonderful job dancing around reality there.

+1 palin1!!

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
BobLoblaw said:
I don't think anyone doubts that now that she's done two "interviews." While the republicans continue to market her as someone "just like you," her number have continued to go down. I mean seriously, why would I want somebody just like me? If I had to have surgery and the choices were someone just like me or an expert, I'm going with the goddamn expert. Every time.

To be fair, I don't think there are many other ways that she can be marketed.

I mean what else is she? What else could she possibly be that would be taken anything but negatively?

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Ruas said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omHUsRTYFAU

This is worse than the palin oil and coal comment.He cant even formulate a thought without a teleprompter.
Yeah that was pretty bad, too :lol

Luckily for Obama he has a backlog of speeches and stumps without a teleprompter to show that he isn't a baffoon. Palin's been asked questions from the audience what, once or twice? And she already made that gaffe.

I can ignore it as a one-off, but without any history, you can't say whether this is going to be the norm or the exception.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Ruas said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omHUsRTYFAU

This is worse than the palin oil and coal comment.He cant even formulate a thought without a teleprompter.

You know why Im willing to forgive these moments? Because Obama has already proven, through dozens and dozens of hours of interviews and debates, as well as off the cuff questions, that he IS highly informed about the issues, intelligent, highly rational, and knows what in the hell he's talking about. He's been speaking in public, almost everyday, for like 18 months now- 95% of the time WITHOUT a teleprompter. Sarah Palin has shown no such record to us. We all fuck up once in a while, but if you didnt have an agenda, you'd take it in the wider context and see how ridiculous your analogy is. You can literally count the number of times Palin has spoken off the cuff with one or two hands, and in that very small number she's had quite a few large fuckups.

PS- Why are 99% of youtube comments always shit-faced?

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
RubxQub said:

Luckily for Obama he has a backlog of speeches and stumps without a teleprompter to show that he isn't a baffoon. Palin's been asked questions from the audience what, once or twice? And she already made that gaffe.

I can ignore it as a one-off, but without any history, you can't say whether this is going to be the norm or the exception.

Without any history? Dude... the entire history of her conduct as anything gives you a pretty striking answer; it's not a one-off.

Hootie

Well now that we're balls deep in the Election, I thought it'd be a good time to whip out my old Obama avatar I sported during the primaries.

Mumei

Stoney Mason said:
GAF does tend to over-orgasm at that site. We'll see how it turns out. I like reading the site but I've never taken it as the gospel like some do.

It's mostly because it (and the Princeton election website) are the only websites I know that keep an updated comprehensive data analysis of the election. It is much better in comparison to the rest, so it is on a pedestal.

Chrono

Banned
Cloudy said:
Yeah but Obama has a track record of NOT being an idiot.

Palin needed 6 years and 5 different colleges to get a JOURNALISM degree from some shitty school. She's a moron and you Republicans can't deny it..

They don't want to deny it - they embrace it. She's an imbecile like them and will take on those arrogant Harvard-educated ELITES and win the White House. What's not to love? :lol

Clevinger

RubxQub said:

In what respect, RubxQub?

ArtG

MoxManiac said:
Does anyone know when the debates take place? Obama/Mccain and Biden/Palin...

First presidential debate:
Friday, September 26
University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS

Vice presidential debate:
Thursday, October 2
Washington University in St. Louis, MO

Second presidential debate:
Tuesday, October 7
Belmont University, Nashville, TN

Third presidential debate:
Wednesday, October 15
Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Look, I think she's just as much of an idiot as likely all of you do.

I just find it hard to criticize her with that Obama gaffe youtube video in my face :lol

Rur0ni

maximum360 said:
Put that hopium away.
:lol

Wolf always bringing us back.

Edit:

RubxQub said:
Look, I think she's just as much of an idiot as likely all of you do.

I just find it hard to criticize her with that Obama gaffe youtube video in my face :lol
Yeah.. Total Fail.

Rur0ni

Fucking Tucker on MSNBC.

Edit: Fucker owned. I want Matthews on his ass. None of that back talk.

Edit2: His explanation for the Gallup today is John McCain is an extraordinary Republican, and would be behind 15 points otherwise. And Americans realize that.

Rur0ni said:
Fucking Tucker on MSNBC.

Edit: Fucker owned. I want Matthews on his ass. None of that back talk.

Tucker Carlson? If so, I'm fully convinced that he's an idiot. Put your neurons to rest. Don't bother analyzing the nonsense he spews.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Crayon Shinchan said:
Ok... so giving her the benefit of the doubt, because that's what high minded people do.

Breaking down her answer and trying to make sense of it.

In response to the question; ban on exporting drilled US oil?

- fossil fuels are a freely transferable commodity; not possible to mark the products
- congress knows that oil energy is a critical issue for america.
- They're not going to stop (the newly drilled oil) export to the extent that its only used my Americans
- However, that oil is going to go to Americans first and foremost.

In other words, she's saying no export bans, but believes most of what's produced at home should be used at home... but referring back to point 1, there's no way we can actually enforce oil companies using american oil for americans only.
Not that it would make a difference... it's not like American oil companies are going to differentiate between their oil reserves once in their reserves... it's not practical to do so, and they've already got more than enough oil reserves on American soil that the oil that will be drilled is a none issue (it's not going to add a significant amount more oil directly into the market).

Basically, she's avoiding the question with a poorly worded round-about answer designed to confuse everyone, including herself.

If the woman, as governor of Alaska, cannot clearly annunciate her views on domestic energy production, then what in the name of fuck does she have to offer America, and let's not fuck around, the Free World, beyond her prodigious breeding ability and frameless glasses?

Brannon

Atrus said:
"Oil of coal? Of course it.. it.. it's a fungible commodity and they don't flag ya know the molecules where... where it's going and where it's not, but in the... in the sense of the congress today, they know that there are very, very hungry domestic markets that need that oil first. So I believe that what congress is going to do also is not to allow... the export bans to such a degree that it's Americans that get stuck holding the bag without the energy source that is produced here, pumped here, it's got to flow into our domestic markets first."
- Sarah Palin

o_0?

It involves the space-time continuum, duh.

TDG

Banned
I just saw a McCain ad that showed the shadow of the capital growing over the entire country, while it talked about Obama's Massive Government, about how the governemnt has grown during the past few years, and how Obama will impose painful taxes. It ended with the shadow descending over a sleeping baby, and then it showed McCain and said "McCain-Palin 08: real change is coming."

OuterWorldVoice said:
If the woman, as governor of Alaska, cannot clearly annunciate her views on domestic energy production, then what in the name of fuck does she have to offer America, and let's not fuck around, the Free World, beyond her prodigious breeding ability and frameless glasses?
An ability to shake up Washington.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
MAHER :lol :lol

"So, apparently they put a stop to something called 'short selling'. Apparently it's, when you borrow stock that you don't own and be able to sell it, in hopes of the stock will fall low enough so that you can buy it at a profit. This is legal but pot smoking isn't?"

:lol

AniHawk

TDG said:
I just saw a McCain ad that showed the shadow of the capital growing over the entire country, while it talked about Obama's Massive Government, about how the governemnt has grown during the past few years, and how Obama will impose painful taxes. It ended with the shadow descending over a sleeping baby, and then it showed McCain and said "McCain-Palin 08: real change is coming."
Yay racism yay.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Speaking about Palin's emails being hacked...

Maher: "They told him that her firewall was breached, and he went, 'gee, she had another baby??'"

Good god :lol

Brannon

Yeah that was pretty bad, but he's done great without teleprompters as well, plus he knows his stuff, that's undeniable. He's allowed a gaffe or two (still horrible, though). Same with McCain and Biden. They get to make mistakes from time to time.

Palin, though... well you never get a second chance to make a first impression and even though she was shielded and coddled and trained and given more prep time than Batman, she's pretty much blown it. New blood get just enough rope to hang themselves and that's applicable to damn near every aspect of life, every job one wishes to seek.

And she's going for the White House. Well here's some rope madam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom